Watmough now on Today

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Top End Eagle said:
MadMarcus said:
I am not sure why Choc keeps getting trotted out in the media. The majority of Manly fans are over his bs and the rest of the League never liked him, so who does it appeal to?

He has a third party sponsorship with channel nine news. That's why he always speaks to them on their news coverage with weidler. I thought everyone knew that.

Some seriously disrespect from some posters here.

I hope I'm not being disrespectful. I'm just very disappointed IF he doesn't finish his career as a one club Manly legend and it's just not looking likely but I'm always hopeful.

bones said:
MadMarcus said:
I am not sure why Choc keeps getting trotted out in the media. The majority of Manly fans are over his bs and the rest of the League never liked him, so who does it appeal to?

@marga
I agree with you bones, if you want to go ...Just go but I think some of these players have too much ego and they think the club revolves just around them. Whether the club is at fault as there are huge egos in there as well and I think the place needs to be cleaned out and put some young heads in there with fresh ideas.. But just move on as its getting boring and it doesn't do your credentials any good

I, like many here believe he's gone, however I do not subscribe to the posts wishing him I'll fate. He's made a decision, we move on he moves on and in his retirement he and only he will lament his decision. Could've left the game a Manly legend ala Menzies. He will now forever be looked upon as a spoilt brat. So sad

niccipops said:
I'm just very disappointed IF he doesn't finish his career as a one club Manly legend and it's just not looking likely but I'm always hopeful.

Me too. Yes always thought he'd be a one club legend but sadly looking unlikely now.

IMO Since Manly took their offer off the table Watmough has had his nose out of joint. It was a decent offer but it looks like he thinks he's worth more.

Go test the market Choc, good luck too you.

It wasn't the $'s that peeved ole watamouth.

It was the 2 year extension to 2017.

He wanted a contract to 2018.

Manly said no. Offer withdrawn. Bye bye Watamouth.

psau14 said:
It wasn't the $'s that peeved ole watamouth.

It was the 2 year extension to 2017.

He wanted a contract to 2018.

Manly said no. Offer withdrawn. Bye bye Watamouth.

I think 2 years is a fair offer...he'd be turning 34 in 2017.

Top End Eagle said:
MadMarcus said:

He has a third party sponsorship with channel nine news. That's why he always speaks to them on their news coverage with weidler. I thought everyone knew that.

Some seriously disrespect from some posters here.

Not sure if you are referring to me with the disrespect comment or not. I wouldn't wish an injury on the bloke, and I respect what he has done for the club over a long period of time.

If he wants to leave to set up his family, or if he doesn't get on with the CEO, the board or the new breed, then that's fine. You can't begrudge him that. He doesn't owe it to the fans to give up good coin and be a one club player, although it would have been nice.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a long time through this, but it became obvious in the last Weidler interview that he was encouraging and cultivating the media circus around him. That shows both a lack of brains and a lack of respect for both the club and the fans. To come out today, when we are playing in an elimination final, and all but confirm he is gone is the icing on the cake.

I know Choc hasn't always covered himself in glory off the field but I did expect more from him and I am bitterly disappointed.

Manly supporters have every right to feel disappointed about this & disappointed for a multitude of reasons.

But the reason I have not been reacting to it all is because I can see how this has developed and how this was always going to be difficult to contain & in some ways almost inevitable.

One one hand you have a player/s who understandably feel like they have broken blood for the club and provided so much success through their hard work & dedication (albeit choc succumbing to the low brow option of talking to the media recently). They have justifiable disappointment.

On the other you have a sanitary administration who really cant be blamed for not being able to micro manage a group of important personalities & their poor decisions driven by their emotional connection to the club.

Unfortunately its a bit like that old saying: "you cant legislate against peoples stupidity"

The one thing i'm feeling adamant about is this situation requires the band aid principal. Rip it off quickly, shorten the pain & move on.

Manly's young guns should just go out and throw tonight's game just to spite all those who possibly, maybe, might be, sorta, could be thinking about leaving!

Because GF opps come around every year or so.

ta dah!

My biggest hope (deluded, I know) is that our forwards play such a blinder tonight that there just won't be any room to accommodate Anthony Watmough next week. Oh, that would be bliss.

Wombat Legacy said:
It's like a revolving turnstyle all this Whatmough talk. He should write a book on "How to shred your 10 year legacy in 2 months"
The bleeding hearts on here can defend him all they want-but he has helped bugger up our 2014 tilt at the title....and it will NOT be forgotten!
100% agree with you ,

Once all is said and done, I would imagine Choc will be remembered as a villain.

I'm honestly curious as to how many fans want us to lose tonight so the whole sorry season can be forgotten.

6/71 said:
Once all is said and done, I would imagine Choc will be remembered as a villain.

I'm honestly curious as to how many fans want us to lose tonight so the whole sorry season can be forgotten.

I would say ZERO Manly fans and quite a ducking lot of bulldogs panthers roosters and rabbits fans. Stupid post. 'Oh my team is coming to terms with an aging talented roster and wants to plan for the future so we don't have too many lean years...I just wish we didn't even make the finals, infact couldn't we have been found in breach of the salary cap and denied the chance to play for points this season so it could all be over. It hurts so much still being in the hunt for another premiership. The pain is killing me'. Stoopid

Top End Eagle said:
6/71 said:

I would say ZERO Manly fans and quite a ducking lot of bulldogs panthers roosters and rabbits fans. Stupid post. 'Oh my team is coming to terms with an aging talented roster and wants to plan for the future so we don't have too many lean years...I just wish we didn't even make the finals, infact couldn't we have been found in breach of the salary cap and denied the chance to play for points this season so it could all be over. It hurts so much still being in the hunt for another premiership. The pain is killing me'. Stoopid

Are you drinking? :p

6/71 said:

Are you serious?

globaleagle said:
Manly's young guns should just go out and throw tonight's game just to spite all those who possibly, maybe, might be, sorta, could be thinking about leaving!

Because GF opps come around every year or so.

ta dah!

Agree with you or at least bring up some of the Juniors they could use. Thats why the club is losing some players now in the lower grades. They might regret it tonight If they lose as having some fresh talent on there might just get the points thats needed to win.

I just hope when all the clean out and unrest is done and dusted, when it comes time to renegotiate a contract Cherry doesn't forget how closely 2V has stood by him.

Would be a kick in the guts to have these guys carry on like kiddies and derail a season, lose Glen Brett and Choc only for Chez to take the money and run in 16.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2