Game Day: Warriors v Manly [Round 21, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Oh well, we slipped arse over head on that banana peel. I was expecting a pretty big win. Just one of those days when the Warriors turned up, defended great, particularly in the first half when they were under the pump, and jagged a couple of lucky bounce tries. No excuses though as we won the penalties, Blair shouldn’t have been binned, and no controversial game changing moments to moan about. Ball handling was pretty decent by both teams in those conditions. Onward and upward next Thursday night.
Blair shouldn’t have been binned , agree!!

Green should have and wasn’t!!

And how the **** did the refs not bin a Warrior in that first 20 minutes for laying all over the ruck , time and time again.

We got beaten by a better side with a better game plan on the night , but I still think the refs mismanaged the game on the first half.

Daly was frustrated when talking with the refs about the issue , and o must say it did get better after this but the game was all but gone by then.

IMO, the Blair sin bin was just that the refs finally thought they should do something.

Good game by the Warriors. We will need to be better to win this. I won't say "complacency" as I'm sure Des will have beaten that out of the players (Not us overexcited fans!) ... but a decent kicking game wouldn't go astray especially in wet games.
Dce cant play in the wet.. 3 games this year its been raining and in all 3 hes been a headless chook and we lost. He was awful last night that kick on zero was massive... what an egg! Arrrrrgghh !

My fault entirely, I'd had a completely rubbish day and said to my partner - there's no way Manly will win tonight with the way my day's gone.
Sorry.
But, they say you've got to have a loss going into the finals, so there it was.
And it was great to see the energy and determination in the fightback.
C'est la vie say the old folks ...

Correct ... I say it all the time ..... along with 'such is life'

Yeah, the kick on zero was frustrating, but I guess if Jorge gets to it we would be calling DCE a genius.
I suppose but as if jorge was on the same page as dce.. we just got the ball back for a full set and instead of tiring them out and earning a try he goes all out and gifts them 7 tackles and then they score. Silly silly boy i bet des snapped in the box at that kick! And the grubber to himself earlier and he got creamed. See how he got injured it was his own fault he should of given the ball not spin around like a fool. Just run straight or pass it. Simple! He did the same last year and got injured

Sorry, but can't agree.

I have seen DCE win games in the wet....in fact against the same team we played last night alone, a couple of times off the top of my head.
I agree but that was years ago. He was tje wet footy king! I remember he killed canberra in the wet with some real smart footy but that was long ago... like foran 2015 ago. Now hes just lost, especially when they rush him he panics and ends up running in circles

I didn't get to see much of the match, but....

57% possession + 12-5 penalty count + a sin binning SHOULD = a pretty big win.

The fact it didn't just tells me how ineffective we must have been.

Onward to next week.

Does anyone honestly think that we were due for a loss? I can’t help but think that we were no way due for a loss as we lost to the bunnies not so long ago. We have only won 3 in a row which is far far from a really great run of winnings.I like the fact that we have not lost 7 or 8 in a row but I think to get a place in a grand final we need to start winning a lot more games in a row than we are doing. We seem to go really well, then get talked up a little and then fall to pieces. We have plenty of heart in the side but are not getting the two points when needed. We seem to take our foot of the pedal after a small streak of winnings. I just can’t see how we were DUE for a loss. We scored all our tries in 16 min so how can a side that does that be due for a loss. Just saying.

Annesley tries to convince us about the Obstruction Rule. "It's technical," he says, showing a ruling in ultra slow-mo time after time to support the Vidiot.
While 99.9% of us would say that the Cowboys' try against Brisbane should not have been ruled as an obstruction, the sport - once with simple rules played and loved by simple people - is now so technical that it may as well be a video game.
Video killed the radio star. Add rugby league to that list.

I suppose but as if jorge was on the same page as dce.. we just got the ball back for a full set and instead of tiring them out and earning a try he goes all out and gifts them 7 tackles and then they score. Silly silly boy i bet des snapped in the box at that kick! And the grubber to himself earlier and he got creamed. See how he got injured it was his own fault he should of given the ball not spin around like a fool. Just run straight or pass it. Simple! He did the same last year and got injured

The big problem with that kick, other than the fact that it was on the first tackle of a 7 tackle set, was the serious lack of communication. Neither Jorge or Brad Parker had any idea that Daly was going to kick basically until it was bouncing safely into the arms of RTS. Because they didn't know he was going to kick, neither chased it through.

The score was only 4-0 at that stage. But in quick time after it went to 10-0 and then 16-0 and then 18-0. It was a momentum killer.

I didn't get to see much of the match, but....

57% possession + 12-5 penalty count + a sin binning SHOULD = a pretty big win.

The fact it didn't just tells me how ineffective we must have been.

Onward to next week.

You just summed up the game in a nutshell.

Annesley tries to convince us about the Obstruction Rule. "It's technical," he says, showing a ruling in ultra slow-mo time after time to support the Vidiot.
While 99.9% of us would say that the Cowboys' try against Brisbane should not have been ruled as an obstruction, the sport - once with simple rules played and loved by simple people - is now so technical that it may as well be a video game.
Video killed the radio star. Add rugby league to that list.
NRL.com:
"The ball carrier must not run behind an active block-runner and disadvantage the defensive line. The defender should not be expected to defend against this play. This is highlighted by the video with the State of Origin try to Justin Hodges, Hodges runs behind his own player and Blues defender Beau Scott should not have to contend with this action.
There are instances where you can run behind your own player – if there is no disadvantage caused to the defensive line"

Emphasis added - This is the part the bunker frequently ignores - a technical 'inside shoulder' or something but if no defender is actually disadvantaged it should be play on.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8