Game Day: Warriors v Manly [Round 21, 2019]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well, when Parker went off and we got that extra set of six and DCE decided to kick on the first in what was a galactically STUPID move, I thought we were in for a long night.

These are the games the Storm don't drop. Very disappointing all around, out thought by the Warriors. Well done to them and hopefully a rocket or two for Manly.

We probably just gave up the top 4 with that loss. We will still play finals footy but I can't see us winning it this year. I don't think we have won a game in the wet so far this year.

Very flat performance, not unexpected, I thought we would lose 1 of the last 2 games after that Melbourne effort

Boys weren’t there, flat clunky effort and we didn’t play to our strengths and go through the middle befote going wide. Nothing summed up our tired effort more than Tom not getting out of 3rd gear all night even when half a gap presented itself. The rain took away all our offloads as well which has been vital to our success.

I’m not too concerned about that one, flush it and move on, my main worry is the injuries

Nrl.com

Hasler had mixed news on the injury front after both Brad Parker and Curtis Sironen left the game through injury, and skipper Daly Cherry-Evans played on after appearing to twist his ankle in the first half.

"Curtis Sironen we are hoping was just cramping, but could be a hamstring, and Brad Parker has knee cartilage [damage] I think," Hasler said.

"We'll see how they are early in the week, but it's a short turnaround, we go back and play Thursday, so you'd have to think they are unlikely.

"I don't think it'll be anything serious [for Daly], otherwise he would have come from the field.

"He probably just jammed it a little bit, but the fact that he finished the game means he should be OK."

My fault entirely, I'd had a completely rubbish day and said to my partner - there's no way Manly will win tonight with the way my day's gone.
Sorry.
But, they say you've got to have a loss going into the finals, so there it was.
And it was great to see the energy and determination in the fightback.
C'est la vie say the old folks ...

Get ****ed ref. Green dragged him down

This is what frustrates us as supporters.

Fainu was denied an opportunity ( albeit slight) to get to the ball before our offside player did, it wasn’t just a bump or block either, Green grabbed him and threw him down.
It was right in front of the ref, but because it wasn’t the attacker getting impeded or a try scoring situation it’s a “nothing to see here”.

They get the penalty right in front of the sticks instead and those two points proved crucial in the end.

Yes, we weren’t on our game and probably didn’t deserve to win but I just don’t get how professional referees miss so many obvious things week in, week out.

Apologies for the late reply but purposely kept off here last night.

Well, at least that's one game I don't have to download. Saving some Gb's on the ole hard-drive.

Fifth or sixth is irrelevant as both get home finals.
Fifth or seventh is not good but one more win should cement a home final. That needs to come against Tigers because the final three games are very tough. Tigers are a bogey side for us so things have become very interesting all of a sudden.

I think the Tigers will pay for lasts nights loss. Will fire us up.

Just one question for tonight's game.... how the f@*k did Des allow KEARNEY to out-coach him this evening? Seriously, Stephen f@#king Kearney... came up with a game plan that did us over tonight.
I think it just goes to show that rugby league s not a complicated game.When we throw forward passes from dummy half without basically taking a step anywhere, then we don’t deserve to win. We beat ourselves and makes me wonder if the team we fielded was the same manly team of late. Our gameplay was no secret and was splattered all over the media. It was not hard to work out what teams needed to do to beat us. I think we beat ourselves.

Got out enthusiased v warriors. Very un des performance. Well be okay but our bench needs more impact guessing why we are talking to trex for 2020.
Got caught out rushing down suli edge few times newcastle nearly got us here few times also.
Onto api look helped in rebuild but nothing changed passing is ****. Then misses poor tackle not like he is tied.

Every week the broken record....as soon as the game is not going our way it is the refs don't like us.....wah,wah,wah,get over it Noel,stop defending Des.....excuses are for losers.

**** off ****, watch the game again and you will see I’m right, and like I said at the top, we didn’t turn up, that doesn’t excuse the Katherine refs tho

I think it just goes to show that rugby league s not a complicated game.When we throw forward passes from dummy half without basically taking a step anywhere, then we don’t deserve to win. We beat ourselves and makes me wonder if the team we fielded was the same manly team of late. Our gameplay was no secret and was splattered all over the media. It was not hard to work out what teams needed to do to beat us. I think we beat ourselves.

You are right mate .

We did beat our selves

As we did not perform up to our high standard

Sigh...

04b2ef930eed249fc0c087b8d631b42e.jpg

Good game by the Warriors. We will need to be better to win this. I won't say "complacency" as I'm sure Des will have beaten that out of the players (Not us overexcited fans!) ... but a decent kicking game wouldn't go astray especially in wet games.

Oh well, we slipped arse over head on that banana peel. I was expecting a pretty big win. Just one of those days when the Warriors turned up, defended great, particularly in the first half when they were under the pump, and jagged a couple of lucky bounce tries. No excuses though as we won the penalties, Blair shouldn’t have been binned, and no controversial game changing moments to moan about. Ball handling was pretty decent by both teams in those conditions. Onward and upward next Thursday night.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8