Walker's role?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I said this a couple weeks ago. Parker's decoy runs are second to none and its a massive reason our structure on the left is so devastating.
His strong carries from our red zone is also underrated!
yes agree totally with that - he runs great decoys, hits holes great - always seems though to be that yard short of pace or that kilo shy of strength to smash through most gaps although he is getting better, his defence is outstanding and his early carries tough as. He needs to stay and again my call after 4 weeks was completely wrong.

I said this a couple weeks ago. Parker's decoy runs are second to none and its a massive reason our structure on the left is so devastating.
His strong carries from our red zone is also underrated!
Any talk of moving Parker or Harper is crazy right now. Our left side attack is arguably one of the best in the comp the way it’s oiled at the moment. When Schu comes back it gets even better. Our edge D is so tight right now. It’s great. Walker on the bench snd injected when the time allows.

Walker is going real well as an impact player from the bench. His defence is never going to be as good as Harpers, and he wont displace Parker for the same reason. What we have right now is working, and there is no need to make any changes to that formula. Our left and right centre/wing combinations are extremely solid now, particularly in defence. Walker's impact might be enough to take us deep into the semi's, and potentially even further. BUT this needs to happen from the bench. When we can field our best seventeen, our bench should look like this.

14. Walker
15. Lawton
16. Keppie
17. Sipley

(Aloiai for Sipley when available, and Taupau to be played off the bench with Aloiai as starting prop)

It seems clear that the club no longer see him as a first choice centre. There was whispers about this earlier in the year.
The fact that he hasn't started there in forever means he isn't about to.
Fullback was just bad to watch.
5/8 is where he had his best run til now as a benchie/sub.
Hopefully he can train hard and get a bit more pace AND stay out of trouble off the field.
As a 14 his contract value is not high, not like the 600 of years past.

With a fit Schuster & Jake on the field, I do not see walker getting on the field much to play the same role he did on the wknd (too many ball players may be overkill). But prob still worth keeping on the bench to cover injuries

Interesting that Parker is reportedly set to re sign , and still with Harper and Suli on the books next season . Guess that Walker is being viewed as a general utility and not sure if there has been much interest from other clubs . Sure that he would prefer to stay and probably even some sense of obligation to repay some of Des 's and Manly 's support and loyalty through a couple of his difficult issues . Sipley and Saddler and Croker [ probably can " t be hanging out for the Fainu legal outcome to retain him if mutually agreeable ] - should be other or ideally signing priorities . Certainly in the versatile category now with Walker , no doubt can still play a very useful ongoing role for Manly , guess again that it will come down to an acceptable contract level for both parties .

Walker has been playing well but generally comes on when the team is holding a pretty big upper hand. Be interesting to see how he goes if we are under the pump.

He makes things happen , always has, but what will his value be in a purely defensive situation which in the current environment can be his whole stint

Imagine having an attacking genius on the bench for the titans last week and keeping him until the second half

Apparently poor roster management and poor discipline cost them dearly . Oh and not having a tom turbo

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4