WALKER to play fullback ... by Buzz

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Id rather we keep Walker at centre.. we dont want to keep chopping and changing. Keep a settled side if possible. Turbo returns. Walker and Suli are our best centres. Then keep it that way and use a full back at full back as a stop gap.

I have seen Walker play fullback before, including for us. He was terrible. Hopefully he had more time to prepare for it this time around. In attack he will be fine, especially now he has had plenty of 5/8 experience under his belt as he knows how to come into the line and feed the edges or run.

The problem is defence. Not just his own, but the co-ordination of the defensive line. I expect the Roosters will be kick happy in the first half to see how he responds. If he can hold his own then happy days.

I said in another thread that I think Schuster might be worth a shot at FB while Turbo's out, particularly if we're rolling with Foz at 6.

So far we've heard Garrick & Morgan have been training as back up FB in the offseason from Des himself.

Elsewhere, Saab has been mentioned as first choice FB replacement.

Des trialled Harper at fb.

Now apparently Walker's going to play there, but will be named at centre & announced as FB 1 hour before kick off, according to Buzz.

I can just imagine Dessie getting a good laugh (behind closed doors) at the journos climbing all over each other in their haste to be the first to break the story.

HEHEHEHEHE

20210308_140618.jpg

Watched the trial against West tigers all tries down his side looked lost to me continued to get caught out of position

Every winger that plays outside Suli looks lost ... Parker is among our best defenders but Suli's reads inside him reduced him to a drooling, lip trembling, window licking basketcase .. I wouldn't read too much into that trial form ... the kid can play ..

Morgan Harper played soundly in the trial
Harper wants to make the most of his chance at NRL. I think he'll give his all every time he plays. He looks much older, but only recently turned 22. He's had twin sons since age 17. When players have this type of background, I think it makes them hungry. Same with very late bloomer, Davey. These 'hungry' players can inject new life into a footy team.

Harpo was our second most impressive performer in the trial. He was a lot more impressive than Walker was in his representative match, albeit in a different position and against stronger opposition.
So, if on-field form accounts for anything Harpo deserves first shot at fullback where he will be supremely tested in the first two matches by two of the best teams in the comp. Perhaps he's secretly hoping he'll be picked for the Workers in the early part of the season because fullback will be Manly's most exposed, and most scrutinised position.
I'm not a Walker advocate but when he is wearing the maroon-and-white I'm always hopeful he'll prove me wrong.

Every winger that plays outside Suli looks lost ... Parker is among our best defenders but Suli's reads inside him reduced him to a drooling, lip trembling, window licking basketcase .. I wouldn't read too much into that trial form ... the kid can play ..
Did you just inadvertently agree with a post of mine in secondary assist kinda way?

If Walks is the fullback, I honestly don't think it will be a bad thing.

As the 5/8 he knows what Des wants from the team's spine, and he's creative enough to give us more attacking options than someone like Garrick, Harper or Funa would. The only real concern would be his defense at the back.

Hey, we could do worse.

I liked Harper in the Trials, one of the few encouraging performances.

This reeks of the usual Des-ception, and if he is manipulating that vapid, drooling, talentless alcho Rothfield to plant uncertainty on his behalf, then power to him. 'Buzz' is a complete flog, may as well make him remotely useful for something.

Walker can defend. I remember a state of origin where he shut down GI all night in his prime.

He will be the same as anyone else lacking experience in our side positionally at fullback.

He’s a confidence player though, if he makes a good play early he can take over a game - if he drops the first bomb he could get down on himself and it could be a long day. I’d rather that than mediocrity guaranteed by some of the other options.

Id rather we keep Walker at centre.. we dont want to keep chopping and changing. Keep a settled side if possible. Turbo returns. Walker and Suli are our best centres. Then keep it that way and use a full back at full back as a stop gap.
I hear you, but he hasn't played at centre for about 2 years due to 5/8 duties and injury/suspension. He is probably our best centre though, on paper.

Just watched 10 news sport with video of Tom lifting weights in the gym & putting lots of pressure on his hammies!!!!! Didn’t look ‘ham’pered at all?? Report mentioned Croker & Cust expected to miss Saturday’s match against the Rooster & possibly Walkz to fullback. Wouldn’t surprise if Tom was named to start!!!!!!!! Gonna be interesting tomorrow......

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7