Walker to 5/8 our X factor for finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Absolutely

Leaving aside the offfield stuff this guy is elite and was always going to take a while to get back after the stress of his situation.Class is permanent.

Said it a few times. He is still a kid and is now for the first time being coached by a master. Plenty of the guys going well now are benefitting from Des after looking like absolute hacks. His best is ahead of him if he can get hold of his life off the field.Its in his hands. He’s been an A grade goose but let’s hope the mad scientist is teaching him life lessons as well

I rate your opinion Susan so do you see walker as a long term option at 6? Making every post a winner at the moment.

I disagreed with this thread but after the last 2 performances by Walker I have egg on my face. I have now changed my vote. Let's see if we can reverse all the negative votes for our feathered friend in light of Walker's solid display.

Des could do to Walker what he did with killer. He obviously sees some similarities. I know twenty tried Walker in the halves and we know how that turned out but Des as the right coach has been able to get what twenty couldn't out of Walker.

I thought Dylan was very good last night and Parker is doing a great job out there especially in defence.

Hope they stay fit right through to the end because if we do ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE!!

I'm not prepared to say Walker is THE answer on two games..... but I am amazed at how well he has played and certainly wouldn't have predicted it. IF he continues like this it's definitely egg on face time for me. What I like most about what he has done is how he has just done his job and kicked well and not gone for the hero play. He's been much less of a gambler than I thought he would be. And to be honest Suli and Parker are going better at centre than he was anyway so it's win/win.

Long may it continue.

Des could do to Walker what he did with killer. He obviously sees some similarities. I know twenty tried Walker in the halves and we know how that turned out but Des as the right coach has been able to get what twenty couldn't out of Walker.
Going to Orford/Lyon style halves pairing is smart thinking. DCE likes to attack the line like the immortal Ox so it's getting into Walkers head that he is required to play a particular style. Looks like it's all sinking in which is great for us...

as long as it is sunny side up

On a serious note, biggest issue I have is that we have spent 2 years trying to "find" our 5/8 and after all the buying, we have gone back to where we started. Do I blame Des for not coming back sooner? Because it would seem that with a decent coach, Walker has learned how to play the position? Also, what other players could we have got with the overflow of potential 5/8's. Don't get me wrong, I reckon Cust has been a revelation and I would want to keep him, where does he go - to the replacement halve position instead of Api?

I guess as long as we keep winning, then it don't matter!

All we want is for every player to keep improving :nerd:

Those Ipad sessions are now seen as a positive and not a waste of $1k that most of the players were griping about earlier @:cool:

I rate your opinion Susan so do you see walker as a long term option at 6? Making every post a winner at the moment.
Has to be a chance for sure. Des has him straightening the attack unlike under Barrett. Often gets the ball full pace on the advantage line at first receiver and his power running gets the attention of multiple defenders; his short passing and drawing of the man has been sublime off the back of it and all of a sudden we are making good yardage in backline movements not necessarily involving Tommy.Love the fact he turns up up both sides of the ruck as well so it’s not predictable. That’s great coaching from Des.

Defensively he’s way better as nowhere near as much decision making at five eight.
His kicking had been the worry for me as I’was sick and tired of DCE getting teamed on the sixth tackle with no options. It it’s been surprisingly good, especially his bombs which are landing in great spots to pressure the back three.

The best part overall s his powerful directness in attack and the attention it requires from the opposition.

Love his work right now. He is an elite player. And a match winner. We have a few of those now.
Parker needs credit as if he didn’t step up Walker is not a five sight option.

Last edited:
Our current back line needs to remain in tact for the rest of the year! I feel for Cust & Croker, however their time will come. Trbo, Jorge, Ginga, Suli, Garrick, Walker, DCE are more than a match for any backline in the competition. Our forwards are unstoppable right now & our bench is starting to fire also. The team is playing well right now, full of grit, determination with a fair bit of flair & as DCE said......we still have improvement in us!

Last edited:

Des is a coach and man manager of fitting into a team environment.

Something that was beyond blue steel

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8