Walker to 5/8 our X factor for finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's an interesting idea to consider - did Des move Walker to 5/8th only because Cust was injured & Parker was back from injury?

OR

Was Des waiting for Parker to be back from injury so he could move Walker to 5/8th?

Whoooooo knooooooooooowsssss.

Spooky though.
Parker was back from injury before Cust got injured feathered friend

Parker was back from injury before Cust got injured feathered friend

I know but noticed Des named him in the extended squad for a few weeks but cut him each time until last weekend's game.

Was just thinking perhaps Des has longterm plans for DW at 5/8th or if it was indeed a once-off purely because Cust was conCust.

You could be right mate and time will tell

Just saw in the game day thread DW is named at 5/8th, Parker at centre, Croker at #14 & Cust 18th man.

I wonder if naming DW at centre but playing him at 5/8th after a late withdrawal by Cust was some gamesmanship from Des that he's carried through to this week's game?

Keep Bellamy guessing who will be in the halves & at hooker?

Kudos to you @1978

I disagreed with your original post but you seem to have predictive powers & yesterday's game has proved you correct.

I hope Des keeps Walker at 5/8th & Parker at centre, it shores up our defence on that side & hopefully provides the spark in the halves we've been needing - that's no slight on Cust & Croker, but as @manly al said above, pick your 17 best players first then find positions for them.
I totally disagreed with your original post @1978, but you may have the last laugh on all of us. No bigger test of your theory than the Melbourne game.

Imagine if he tears it up against Melbourne.

Could this thread be empirical evidence we're all idiots?

It shoud probably give pause to all the numnuts that spend countless hours bagging the shiite out of Baz for his continued belief that Walker would make a good 5/8 ..... only to have Dessie also agree with him .... hahahahaha ...

For this season, I think this week's team (assuming there are no late changes) is the best starting thirteen we can put on the paddock. When fit, Api will likely return to the team (9 or 14), in which case, both Cust & Croker will drop out. In the future, I think Cust can be a match winner from the bench.

All is looking good for the future of the backline. Parker is the solid reliable guy. Suli is quickly gaining in confidence & is enjoying his football. Gradually, his potential is being unleashed. He has all the basics - game awareness, good hands, power, speed (enough) & aggressive defence. Garrick is developing into a good finisher & will also continue to improve. However, I think we need more pace on the other wing. At this stage, Funa appears likely to be the one to step up. It will be interesting to see if Jorge is given the opportunity to be an impact player from the bench.

Last edited:
One of the reasons we get such a good roll on is Jorge coming out of our own end, I keep saying it but you can’t underestimate how important he is to the start of our sets - look at the eels without Furgo. The difference between Jorge and Rubens hit ups is obvious, while Garrick offers more elsewhere it makes a great combination.

One of the reasons we get such a good roll on is Jorge coming out of our own end, I keep saying it but you can’t underestimate how important he is to the start of our sets - look at the eels without Furgo.

I agree with you. Jorge is a good team man and brings a lot to each game. However, ideally, wingers should have sufficient pace to score long range tries when opportunity presents.

I’d say it’s Parker’s defence...Walker has no idea in that department. Or, as somebody mentioned earlier...gamesmanship for a second week in a row.

One of the reasons we get such a good roll on is Jorge coming out of our own end, I keep saying it but you can’t underestimate how important he is to the start of our sets - look at the eels without Furgo. The difference between Jorge and Rubens hit ups is obvious, while Garrick offers more elsewhere it makes a great combination.
Garricks returns are getting alot better hes pretty big and fast. This kid is a star in the making.

It shoud probably give pause to all the numnuts that spend countless hours bagging the shiite out of Baz for his continued belief that Walker would make a good 5/8 ..... only to have Dessie also agree with him .... hahahahaha ...
Let’s be fair here... as an experiment, it worked out about as well as my 1st, 2nd, 24th, 25 through to 30, and 31st (and last) experiments with Tequila....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8