Walker to 5/8 our X factor for finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Our current back line needs to remain in tact for the rest of the year! I feel for Cust & Croker, however their time will come.

At present, I don't think Cust or Croker can be included in our best seven backs. However, it's great to have such depth & they will probably have more first grade opportunities before season's end.

Has to be a chance for sure. Des has him straightening the attack unlike under Barrett. Often gets the ball full pace on the advantage line at first receiver and his power running gets the attention of multiple defenders; his short passing and drawing of the man has been sublime off the back of it and all of a sudden we are making good yardage in backline movements not necessarily involving Tommy.Love the fact he turns up up both sides of the ruck as well so it’s not predictable. That’s great coaching from Des.

Defensively he’s way better as nowhere near as much decision making at five eight.
His kicking had been the worry for me as I’was sick and tired of DCE getting teamed on the sixth tackle with no options. It it’s been surprisingly good, especially his bombs which are landing in great spots to pressure the back three.

The best part overall s his powerful directness in attack and the attention it requires from the opposition.

Love his work right now. He is an elite player. And a match winner. We have a few of those now.
Parker needs credit as if he didn’t step up Walker is not a five sight option.
Yep totally agree here. In relation to his kicking, I wonder if he’s staying back at training working on this to be more the complete package? Maybe DCEs working with him. There’s no secret he wanted to play 6 in the past so I wonder if this opportunity under Des he’ll make every post a winner. Who knows he may be our next long term 6 yet.

Of course, our real X factor is Des :trophy:

I think Walker is a very gifted footballer - has just been a matter of getting his head together & regaining confidence for him to come good. He has all the skills for centre or five eighth & with consistently good performances over a sustained period, the naysayers will gradually drop off :think:

Yep totally agree here. In relation to his kicking, I wonder if he’s staying back at training working on this to be more the complete package? Maybe DCEs working with him. There’s no secret he wanted to play 6 in the past so I wonder if this opportunity under Des he’ll make every post a winner. Who knows he may be our next long term 6 yet.
He’s way better than Brad Green

1978 called it. Walks was stinking up everything in defence and Cust was going fine. Hmm A little inside knowledge perhaps;-)

I like Dylan at 6 , he's running straighter and hits the line hard , passing game is good and feeds the centres . Des turned killer into a pretty fair 6 when we needed him .
Couldn't agree more. A running five eight with good passes and a kicking game which is improving. He just missed that field goal attempt which will take some pressure off DCE in future contests, with opposition looking to see where DW is as well.
Always thought Killer was the best centre in the game but made a brilliant 5/8 in 08

Walker's best years are still ahead of him. He was still a boy when he came into the game, his career and life may have meandered a bit at times but the stars are aligning for him to repay Des for sticking solid. His form that past couple of weeks has been so good it surprised me.
Out of curiosity did a quick random comparison
Dylan - dob 27.9.94, 128 games, 58 tries, 4 times for Australia, 2 Origin, 7 finals matches
Cam Munster - dob 13.9.94, 105 games, 22 tries, 2 times for Australia, 7 Origin, 11 finals matches

Walker's best years are still ahead of him. He was still a boy when he came into the game, his career and life may have meandered a bit at times but the stars are aligning for him to repay Des for sticking solid. His form that past couple of weeks has been so good it surprised me.
Out of curiosity did a quick random comparison
Dylan - dob 27.9.94, 128 games, 58 tries, 4 times for Australia, 2 Origin, 7 finals matches
Cam Munster - dob 13.9.94, 105 games, 22 tries, 2 times for Australia, 7 Origin, 11 finals matches
Good point . Walker is till young and has plenty of years to keep peaking and with the right coach he can keep evolving his skills

I know Walker's struggled in halves before, and I am a fan of Cust.

But to catch up to Storm/Roosters/Rabbitohs and overtake them in GF, we need Walker at 5/8. Here's why:

1. Walker is a big match player who thrives on early ball.

2. Parker is a must to return to centre. We'll need his defence in GF against Mitchell/Manu and co. I like Cust but think Parker adds more to team overall.

3. Not sold on Cust / Croker / LG for big games. Cust still a work-in-progress.

4. We have a real coach who can make Walker in halves work.

5. The emergence of Fainu gives us another ball-player in team,

6. Walker has that X Factor you need in big games.

I know most will disagree with this but backline with Walker at Six and Parker at three looks stronger.
GENIUS IDEA :)

Going great at 6. Only problem I can see is it increases his price for re-signing. Spine = $$$?

I hope not BE. I'm more of the thought that Walker being allowed to play with us next year is enough motivation for him to sign for what Des had already nutted-out with him before his switch to 6.
He has been on 6 money for almost 3 years and owes us a lot of that back.

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10
10 5 5 -56 10