Walker to 5/8 our X factor for finals

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Straight from the Manlys NRL site mate

Ah fair enough - well yeah its not accurate. Even nrl.com shows the same as i have quoted above.
Truth be told i was also unconvinced about Walker's move to 5/8 initially, but he's starting to prove me wrong.
He appears to be clear about what his role is and isnt overplaying his hand - not as much of the cross field crabbing he was doing in the centres... also feeding good early ball to his outside men hence the number of LBAs.

The three brain snap kicks from DCE when attacking in great field position were all on him (tackle 2,0,2) - that had nothing to do with the forwards. They killed our momentum and handed it to the warriors on each occasion. Having said that, I agree our forwards (save AFB) were off tonight and our ruck defence sucked.

Whilst I agree about individual players making errors ... all players make errors every game .... however the overall script for the game was written in the first few sets when (with the refs aiding and abetting) the warriors hit as a pack, 3 or 4 players in every tackle, even lifting us off the ground and carrying us backwards .... they hit as a pack ...

Our response was to go to water ... we continued to play as individuals. cuddle their forwards to the ground and play the equivalent role of taking a knife to a gunfight .... the game wasn't lost on errors ... it went southwards with a lack of old school forward pack mentality ....

I would have given both @globaleagle and @Moondog 's left testicles for an old school forward lining up the next Warriors runner and smashing him, followed by the rest of the pack to dance on his rotting corpse ... but that is just me ....

I agree with the above about walker, defends better in the halves and gives pretty good early ball, tries to set up the outside backs, cust didn't do as good a job.

Dez might do a simple swap parker out and elliot to centre - similar style.
Totally agree with that strategy mate. The team is humming at the moment and I don't think you can judge after last night's game. If it's not broken don't fix it. Elliot would slot in the centres nicely.

Walker at 6 didnt work in 2018 and i still dont think he is the answer regardless of 3 good performances this year, he is a better centre, and certainly a better choice there than elliot or garrick with parker injured No 6 continues to be our Achilles heel , You would have to go with cust given that he is more likely to be the 6 next year or the heir apparent and more game time will only benefit him and the team moving forward

Walker .....is a better centre, and certainly a better choice there'an elliot or garrick with parker injured

Suli is developing nicely at right centre, but I wonder if more tries would have been created if Walker was playing outside DCE & Sironen. In some games, Suli has thrown forward passes to his winger & also thrown wayward passes when it would have been better to hang on to the ball. Of course, his defence has been good & his runs powerful. As I stated earlier, my preference would be to retain Walker at five eighth & blood Funa. If Parker is only going to miss one or two games, I guess Des may opt for Elliot as fill in centre.

In that case, I think Funa should be promoted. Garrick is more value on the wing - some of the tries he's been scoring have been spectacular. Having Elliot at centre could possibly work....
Elliott causes the least disruption but i wonder if des will bring in croker and move Walker to centre. The cust/walker combo didn't work but i think the croker/walker combo would. I also think Turbo would appreciate the extra space croker creates down the left

Not sure where these stats are being pulled from, but they are not accurate.
I have Walker down for 4 or 5 LBA's and TAs in the last month. There were 2 LBA's just last night - if you recall DCE's linebreak down the sideline late in the game, it was Walker who fed him the ball.
https://mc.championdata.com/nrl/
Just had a look on the NRL site and they have the same stats I have. Not sure what you're looking at? Look at his stats from last 4 games playing 5/8 not his season stats as a whole. Also not sure putting a winger in space on the outside counts as a linebreak or line break assist... Nrl doesn't credit Walker with the stats you stated above

IMO, the backline as a whole has functioned more smoothly with Walker as five eighth - he tends to take right options in attack & his tactical kicking has been mostly spot on. Tonight, our forwards never got any real roll on & our halves were cramped as a result.
I would say Tom has been off the past 4 weeks apart from the 2nd half against knights. Is it a coincidence that Walker has been 5/8 for the last 4 games that Tom hasn't had the impact we expect from him? I still think croker will create more space for Walker and Tom on the left plus he is a solid defender. Interesting to see what Des does

I would say Tom has been off the past 4 weeks
Tom played very well against Parra (e.g. out leaping Gutherson to score) and had a superb positional & defensive game against the Storm. However, I would say he has been out of sorts the last couple of weeks, trying too hard and consequently making errors. He has been injecting himself too often in the attack, rather than waiting for good ball from his halves. There needs to be more balance. Hopefully, this will be rectified on Thursday night.

Just had a look on the NRL site and they have the same stats I have. Not sure what you're looking at? Look at his stats from last 4 games playing 5/8 not his season stats as a whole. Also not sure putting a winger in space on the outside counts as a linebreak or line break assist... Nrl doesn't credit Walker with the stats you stated above

Were talking about Dylan Walker right!?
Agree with it or not, putting a play away for a linebreak counts as a linebreak assist - its black and white.

Screenshot below from NRL.com
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-21/warriors-v-sea-eagles/

upload_2019-8-11_17-9-14.png

Were talking about Dylan Walker right!?
Agree with it or not, putting a play away for a linebreak counts as a linebreak assist - its black and white.

Screenshot below from NRL.com
https://www.nrl.com/draw/nrl-premiership/2019/round-21/warriors-v-sea-eagles/

View attachment 12137
I see where the confusion is.. on the manly site it has custs stats as line break assists and Walkers stats doesnt show line break assists but instead shows his own linebreaks. Either way Cust outpoints him in most of these key stats. Lets see what Des does.

Can Dylan and Des please watch Cameron Munster.
Dylan, your passing game is v good, however you need to run and break the line like Munster does.

This will cause the defence to be in 2 minds.

Easier said than done?

Can Dylan and Des please watch Cameron Munster.
Dylan, your passing game is v good, however you need to run and break the line like Munster does.

This will cause the defence to be in 2 minds.

Easier said than done?
If only that easy.

I have Walker down for 4 or 5 LBA's and TAs in the last month. There were 2 LBA's just last night - if you recall DCE's linebreak down the sideline late in the game, it was Walker who fed him the ball.
im a fan of lbas

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11