Walker critics be gone

Was a harsh critic of Dylan in the past. He spent most of last season either injured, suspended or at the Cop shop for various reasons. Then was injured again in our disasterous start to this season, but since he's been back, it's like we've signed a new player that is so different. Has bulked up and with more energy and strength. And now a perm regular in the side, well done Dylan.
Yep. He's been getting better each week. Can anybody see him playing in the starting side next season? If so in what position? Could Walker end up as thirteen, with Jake as a starting prop? Or does he continue to play off the bench for the next two season of his new contract? I can't see the latter, but I also can't see the former either. Des has an interesting conundrum with Walker for the foreseeable future. He is playing well enough right now to win us a grand final. Great problem to have, isn't it? Go Manly.

Walker has been brilliant last month, best player against the storm and great tonight. Real x factor and he is fast i dont get people saying he lost speed
He’s definitely lost speed. You should watch highlights of his pre- injury...he was one of the quickest over 20m in the game. Got run down by Radley on the weekend.

It’s all good though because he is not slow and has put on a few kg to play in the middle and has been outstanding all year.

I am the first to agree that Walker is a tool and has not been value for money at times over the years but anyone that thinks he has only just started to come good is kidding themselves. He has been a standout off the bench most, if not all weeks this season. It’s almost as if people are blind to his performances because they have a agenda against him. Knock the blocks crap off the field, sure, but he has been consistently fantastic off the bench in 2021.

I am the first to agree that Walker is a tool and has not been value for money at times over the years but anyone that thinks he has only just started to come good is kidding themselves. He has been a standout off the bench most, if not all weeks this season. It’s almost as if people are blind to his performances because they have a agenda against him. Knock the blocks crap off the field, sure, but he has been consistently fantastic off the bench in 2021.
He has been consistently good off the bench, since he was given that role. He has also been getting better in that role each week as well. So good actually, that it's hard to see him not in the starting side next season.

He’s definitely lost speed. You should watch highlights of his pre- injury...he was one of the quickest over 20m in the game. Got run down by Radley on the weekend.

It’s all good though because he is not slow and has put on a few kg to play in the middle and has been outstanding all year.
I think he is still fast over 20-30 and perhaps he was tired when Radley caught him. They aint robots after all! He has put on the kgs though so its expected he loses a little pace. Agreed he has been outstanding off the bench and i see him playing there next season and beyond. (Unless they change the rules back hah!)

He was pretty fast hitting those gaps and that dummy on tedesco was brilliant

He has been consistently good off the bench, since he was given that role. He has also been getting better in that role each week as well. So good actually, that it's hard to see him not in the starting side next season.
Agree, I think he is pushing hard to be starting, a good offseason on the field and most importantly off it could see Jake wearing the 8 or 10 jumper.

Yep. He's been getting better each week. Can anybody see him playing in the starting side next season? If so in what position? Could Walker end up as thirteen, with Jake as a starting prop? Or does he continue to play off the bench for the next two season of his new contract? I can't see the latter, but I also can't see the former either. Des has an interesting conundrum with Walker for the foreseeable future. He is playing well enough right now to win us a grand final. Great problem to have, isn't it? Go Manly.
In which position?
I ask the same question in an earlier post. I don't have the answer. But what I do know is that if Walker continues to play the way that he is now, it will be hard to keep him out of the starting side.
Agree, I think he is pushing hard to be starting, a good offseason on the field and most importantly off it could see Jake wearing the 8 or 10 jumper.
This could well be the answer....... or not. Anyway, it's really a question for 2022. I am just looking for a continuation of Walker's form off the bench over the next two games.

I think he was chosen on legacy this year and really didn't make any impact...I highly doubt he will be selected next year with all the talent about.
Yep I agree. I can also see Des changing things up significantly for the pack over the preseason, and what we have now in 2021, could look quite different in 2022. It's all academic right now anyway.

80 minutes each week ;)
I'm on board with that buddy; but even so, the leg-speed, post-contact metres he offers as a prop would surely puts him in the 300k prop bracket. This is one of the challenges we face in finding a viable role for Tom's brother. Besides his excellent defensive efforts and inspiring loyalty, where do we get 900k's value? Maybe what he does is enough coz his brother is the best there has ever been. I don't know.

What is weird is that he is still only 26 years old - plenty of upside if he can get his life outside of football in order

I reckon the vermin will be out to bait him into reaction from snipes by Gagai and C Walker, at least, for sure

What I like is his selective passing ... that some think it is hogging ... one of the immutable laws of ball playing at the line is .. never pass to someone who is not in a better position then you, better to die with the ball and get a quick play ... when watching the game he gets this correct about 80% of the time ... yes he makes the odd wrong choice ... but he gets most right ..

Team P W L PD Pts
2 2 0 36 4
2 2 0 26 4
2 2 0 23 4
2 2 0 19 4
2 2 0 12 4
2 1 1 13 2
2 1 1 10 2
2 1 1 3 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 0 2
2 1 1 -14 2