Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I thought he took his chance to play a new role by the scruff of the neck this season. Then he strangled the sh1t out of it. Perspective time.
This can be read in two different ways. Yes he did all of the above in the season proper. He was close to best on field on more then one occasion. Well done Dylan.

After the season finished he definitely strangled the **** out of the goodwill he had built up through his on field performances, via the contract fiasco. Yes it was probably his management but I think it was very poorly managed considering the loyalty that Des and the club had shown him through his off field performances.

Adam Lucius in Northern Beaches Review this week says:

"Manly are growing tired of protracted negotiations to re-sign Dylan Walker as his manager parades him around to other clubs."

This lends weight to the theory his manager has been trying to get a bigger deal out of other clubs and nobody's interested.

Yes, this is the big thing, we only wanted him for 1 year...what is going on in '23?

The Finns have obviously shown no interest in Walker or he wouldn't be wanting a 2 year deal...and they would have had a list of the ones they want a long time ago.
Happy with one year. Club probably thinking they could have Fainu back in '23 and Lawton or Croker can take the 14 role. I would only sign him if he is vaxxed. Don't want the drama of him not being available for games outside NSW.

Looks like he doesn't want to stay at Manly because of the drop in payment. Was speaking generally about the club with an insider this morning (ie talking cr#p) and he basically said he'll only be with us next year if he can't get a contract elsewhere. That sounded pretty bad to me. Do we really want a player who's not really wanting to be there? Under those circumstances why would we give him the 12 months so he can go to the Dolphins or anywhere? Sounds like we would only get the barest level of commitment from him, won't want to get injured etc etc.

At what point do we pull the pin on any offer?

Should still be a benefit even if Dylan is only signed for next season . Can easily cover centre or 6 apart from his middle roving role and is a competitor at heart . No doubt will have to accept a reduced contract but looks like not much more of an improvement elsewhere . Just need some more grunt and authority from the pack and Dylan can compliment that and the centre option for him if there are any issues there with lack of performance from others .

Happy with one year. Club probably thinking they could have Fainu back in '23 and Lawton or Croker can take the 14 role. I would only sign him if he is vaxxed. Don't want the drama of him not being available for games outside NSW.

Yea, cause Fainu is going to be so much better behaved, if the myth ever plays footy again.
And people are blowing up about Tyrone May. Fainu is cut from the same women abusing self entilted attitude.

Yea, cause Fainu is going to be so much better behaved, if the myth ever plays footy again.
And people are blowing up about Tyrone May. Fainu is cut from the same women abusing self entilted attitude.

That’s certainly food for thought XV -1 and an opinion not always put forward as we remember 9 or 10 games as a rookie two years ago albeit a spectacular period

It is certainly a long was back for Manase and to do so and be successful would seem a testament to his character and he should be recognised for effort if he can achieve

However the window for success in our new game is short and incredibly harder by youngsters carrying burden and the playing fields of all sports and life are littered with examples of not being able to carry the weight

It will not only be Manase who needs to adjust himself but will have to carry expectations of everyone else From both dudes if the fence

Tough times a head for the kid and those around him

Go manly

Still a liability
17 Games 37 missed tackles at 2.18 per game this season. This means that he sits 3rd on the most missed tackles per game in the club. Considering the limited time that he plays this is a telling stat.
I had a look at the games that he played in the middle and noted that he misses far more tackles per game in this role e.g. He missed a total of 15 tackles in the last 3 games of the season(finals games).
He is a point of difference in attack and gets us on the front foot, but, perhaps the coaching/recruitment staff considered his defensive liabilities too risky to offer a two year contract.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8