Walker critics be gone

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Saab is also a rookie that makes rookie errors. Hopefully that will improve as he gains confidence.

Yes he is .. and you are right to give some leeway to his defensive reads .. my main concern however, is that he just can't tackle, whether it is that his skinny arms aren't strong enough, or that he gets all tangled up and discobobulated by his long legs trying to adjust laterally .. the result is that he is the worst tackler I have ever seen ... but Sheik, he is not a newbie in terms of Rugby League, I will be corrected, but I believe he is a product of the best coaching and pathways, from playing for Westfield Sports High, and various junior rep teams he has had all the best coaching a kid can ... I think what you see is what you will get .... But, as I have said, whilst he scores more tries than he let's in he is an asset and deserves his spot ..

Valid criticism .. but moving into a middle forward role for the first time at the age of 2? wouldn't be the easiest transition .. and I thought his defense was improving as he adapted .. For me he is still a work in progress ..

But how do you rate Saab .. just on stats? .. NRL stats have him missing 50 tackles and making 28 errors .. and for mine he is the worst tackler I have ever seen .. but then you look at the good column and weigh up his value .. as long as he scores more than he lets in he is safe ..
Yet.. he didn't lose us any games. Those stats aren't particularly meaningful in the scheme of things.

On the plus side he was exciting, scored lots of tries, caught lots of kicks in attack and defence, has the ability to pass after making a break, and pulled off a memorable tackle to win the second warriors game.

Yes he is .. and you are right to give some leeway to his defensive reads .. my main concern however, is that he just can't tackle, whether it is that his skinny arms aren't strong enough, or that he gets all tangled up and discobobulated by his long legs trying to adjust laterally .. the result is that he is the worst tackler I have ever seen ... but Sheik, he is not a newbie in terms of Rugby League, I will be corrected, but I believe he is a product of the best coaching and pathways, from playing for Westfield Sports High, and various junior rep teams he has had all the best coaching a kid can ... I think what you see is what you will get .... But, as I have said, whilst he scores more tries than he let's in he is an asset and deserves his spot ..
He definitely needs to be more than just quick 👍

Story today on fox that Walker hasn't yet had a vaccination. Api also mentioned along with NAS. I've been keen to retain Walker because of his dynamic impact off the bench but I'm much less keen if he refuses the jab. Some very expensive cattle so would have to assume that us and also certainly Melbourne and Panthers would be making sure they have expert health info being made clearly available to these guys.
If he doesn't want to that's OK, thanks and see ya later. Next!

Story today on fox that Walker hasn't yet had a vaccination. Api also mentioned along with NAS. I've been keen to retain Walker because of his dynamic impact off the bench but I'm much less keen if he refuses the jab. Some very expensive cattle so would have to assume that us and also certainly Melbourne and Panthers would be making sure they have expert health info being made clearly available to these guys.

This guy is already high maintenance. For me if this is true don’t let the door hit you on the way out. 🤦‍♂️

Story today on fox that Walker hasn't yet had a vaccination.
It's not crunch time yet for vaccination for NRL players. However, for smooth sailing, they will need to be fully vaccinated before the 2022 season starts.

I can understand players' reluctance to receive the jab. I had my first jab only recently because of a directive from my mother's Gold Coast aged care that visitors after 31 October need to be double vaccinated. Where I live in Nth Qld, there's been virtually no covid cases & there is strong resistance to vaccination among many (esp. younger people).

I can understand players' reluctance to receive the jab
It's another area in which those who spread false rumours aimed at discrediting scientists have so much to answer for. The science on the vaccine has been clear from the start, it's important for all who can get the jab to do so, to protect not just the individual but ultimately populations around the world.
I was always a fan and defender of Anthony Mundine but no more, he's causing great harm to the very communities he thinks he's helping.

It's another area in which those who spread false rumours aimed at discrediting scientists have so much to answer for.
I agree there is a lot of disinformation floating around about both the virus & vaccinations. If you are interested, you can read my personal experience re vaccines which I've just posted in the Covid thread.

It's not crunch time yet for vaccination for NRL players. However, for smooth sailing, they will need to be fully vaccinated before the 2022 season starts.

I can understand players' reluctance to receive the jab. I had my first jab only recently because of a directive from my mother's Gold Coast aged care that visitors after 31 October need to be double vaccinated. Where I live in Nth Qld, there's been virtually no covid cases & there is strong resistance to vaccination among many (esp. younger people).
Crunch time will be soon, when training starts.

It's another area in which those who spread false rumours aimed at discrediting scientists have so much to answer for. The science on the vaccine has been clear from the start, it's important for all who can get the jab to do so, to protect not just the individual but ultimately populations around the world.
I was always a fan and defender of Anthony Mundine but no more, he's causing great harm to the very communities he thinks he's helping.
Great Common sense post feathered friend
The science on the vaccine has been clear from the start, it's important for all who can get the jab to do so, to protect not just the individual but ultimately populations around the world.

Looks like Manly aren 't prepared to budge on their final offer to Dylan which i would tend to think would be on the realistic side . Loyalty and practical support that Des and the club gave him in his previous difficult off season 's issues are apparently not mayor considerations for him and his manager as very likely that any alternative offers would be only marginally better , Other wise he probably would have officially signed elsewhere by now . Can 't have everything his way , especially after his past 2 season's or so injury and suspension difficulties . Good if he does stay on reasonable terms , leaving would be disappointing but far from shattering

The science has NOT been clear from the start as we have taken a cancer drug (Pfizer) and pivoted it to be a covid vaccine. The Moderna vaccine has somewhat copied the Pfizer and the AZ is a complete disaster.

I understand the importance of vaccination but I also understand the hesitancy of some people to get the jab. It doesn't help when we have idiots in the high profile positions posting absolute crap about the vaccines and the ranting and positioning some groups are taking, essentially frightening the public. Some people just have made a choice (right or wrong) to have it or to not have it.

I'm one of those people that currently cannot have it due to my Immunogly treatment. My Oncologist wrote this letter for me to carry with me and I quote; "in my opinion he is contraindicated to receive covid19 vaccine in view of high probability of significant immune mediated complications". I have shared this to show that while the vaccines are seemingly effective, the potential reactions to any thing we do in life from a health perspective is relatively unknown. He hopes at some point in the new year they may be information clearing me to have the vaccine (not AZ).

Nothing is completely clear unfortunately!

That explains why it's taken so long to re-sign him I suppose.

The science has NOT been clear from the start as we have taken a cancer drug (Pfizer) and pivoted it to be a covid vaccine. The Moderna vaccine has somewhat copied the Pfizer and the AZ is a complete disaster.

I understand the importance of vaccination but I also understand the hesitancy of some people to get the jab. It doesn't help when we have idiots in the high profile positions posting absolute crap about the vaccines and the ranting and positioning some groups are taking, essentially frightening the public. Some people just have made a choice (right or wrong) to have it or to not have it.

I'm one of those people that currently cannot have it due to my Immunogly treatment. My Oncologist wrote this letter for me to carry with me and I quote; "in my opinion he is contraindicated to receive covid19 vaccine in view of high probability of significant immune mediated complications". I have shared this to show that while the vaccines are seemingly effective, the potential reactions to any thing we do in life from a health perspective is relatively unknown. He hopes at some point in the new year they may be information clearing me to have the vaccine (not AZ).

Nothing is completely clear unfortunately!
I sympathise with your condition, but your first paragraph makes some pretty wild statements. It should be no surprise that mRNA vaccines can be effective against both cancer and the virus. It’s not a pivot, the mRNA approach trains your immune system to target cancer cells or covid cells depending on the type of treatment. And AZ hasn’t been a disaster, it has been really effective. 4 in 100,000 will get a clot vs 5000 deaths from covid per 100,000 (if we go with 5% as an average death toll noting it is higher in parts of the USA). And 16,000 people out of 100,000 will get clots from covid.

I sympathise with your condition, but your first paragraph makes some pretty wild statements. It should be no surprise that mRNA vaccines can be effective against both cancer and the virus. It’s not a pivot, the mRNA approach trains your immune system to target cancer cells or covid cells depending on the type of treatment. And AZ hasn’t been a disaster, it has been really effective. 4 in 100,000 will get a clot vs 5000 deaths from covid per 100,000 (if we go with 5% as an average death toll noting it is higher in parts of the USA). And 16,000 people out of 100,000 will get clots from covid.
I maybe should have added that those statements were from my Oncologist as he has been studying the Pfizer (in particular) for many years.

AZ is actually better for those WITH heart issues. - fun fact

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10