Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Des can take quite a bit of credit in settling Choc down [ no mean feat ] in his previous tenure at Manly . Maybe Choc also just grew up a bit but Des "s no nonsense approach at the time certainly contributed no end . Whether he will be given the opportunity to help sort out Walker"s predicament and in terms then also of making him a more sensible and settled footy player for Manly is another matter no doubt . Again , would only consider any opportunity for Walker to resume training and playing for Manly as his last chance there . If that does not resonate or register with Dylan then i highly doubt that he will be able to get his act together at any other footy club either .

The Champion footballer has an Australian jumper . A premiership winning ring and was voted the best centre in the NRL before breaking his leg .
What else do you want to see Walker do mate? Walk on water ?
View attachment 10464
All his 'champion' performances were pre-Manly.
Realistically, how well has he played for us?
He's had a few good matches but nothing that comes close to his reputation or pricetag. And he is certainly not consistent - except for his needless sledging.
I think he is either over-rated or yet to show us his true ability when wearing maroon and white.
Last year you seemed to blame all our problems in the centres on Kelly. Why did Walker escape your criticism?

Haha, not really.
It was found (allegedly) along with a host of other stolen property, according to the same story quoted above:

"Police arrested a man, 21, at a Gosford home on Tuesday.
Officers allegedly uncovered the premiership ring during a search of the Gosford home.
The 21-year-old was charged with a string of offences, including entering enclosed land illegally, steal motor vehicle, larceny, two counts of aggravated break & enter dwelling with intend steal, goods in personal custody suspected being stolen, goods suspected stolen in/on premises, and possession of prohibited drug."

Hey, I suppose all the other people whose stolen property was located might also be involved in criminal underworld gangs!

Or... or...I know, maybe Dylan doesn't even exist...he might simply be one of @mozgrame 's holograms?

Methinks we desperately need some new Manly stories, the current threads have gone to seed ;)

giphy.gif

I wasn’t suggesting he was involved in criminal gang activity, BTW - moreso (if the ring wasn’t reported stolen prior to it being found), what are the chances it’s been sold/swapped for something dodgy? Wouldn’t be the first time a sportsperson has sold or swapped an item like that because they owed money to someone a bit shady.

And if it’s the original one, that was reported ‘lost’ in Sydney Harbour, WTAF?!

I don't think Walker's misdeamerers will see him on Australia's most wanted anytime soon ..... we are running a football team people ..... most church choirs have a worse rap-sheet than Walker ....

Don’t disagree on the church choirs!

But the problem to me is an attitude thing - there are the people who make ‘mistakes’, errors of judgement, whatever, and learn from them. Part of growing up, for a lot of individuals. Then there are those who just keep racking up more of the same, saying the right things at the press conferences after every indiscretion, but a few months later - here’s another one to add to the sheet.

Or, as an example, the guys who realise how lucky they are to be earning (relative to their education, qualifications etc, and to their non-athlete peers) massive amounts of money for playing a game, and do everything asked of them during the rehab process when injured, so as not to jeopardise their future career. Vs those who think it’s a good lark to take a cocktail of (their own and their mate’s) pain meds for ****s and gigs, on a school night, during injury rehab, while hanging out watching movies. The guys with the right attitude wouldn’t even be drinking alcohol at the same stage post-surgery, let alone ODing on prescription opiates.

And hey, you get away with it, you get sacked but get picked up by another club straight away, so where’s the impetus to stop acting like a douchebag?!

Don’t disagree on the church choirs!

But the problem to me is an attitude thing - there are the people who make ‘mistakes’, errors of judgement, whatever, and learn from them. Part of growing up, for a lot of individuals. Then there are those who just keep racking up more of the same, saying the right things at the press conferences after every indiscretion, but a few months later - here’s another one to add to the sheet.

Or, as an example, the guys who realise how lucky they are to be earning (relative to their education, qualifications etc, and to their non-athlete peers) massive amounts of money for playing a game, and do everything asked of them during the rehab process when injured, so as not to jeopardise their future career. Vs those who think it’s a good lark to take a cocktail of (their own and their mate’s) pain meds for ****s and gigs, on a school night, during injury rehab, while hanging out watching movies. The guys with the right attitude wouldn’t even be drinking alcohol at the same stage post-surgery, let alone ODing on prescription opiates.

And hey, you get away with it, you get sacked but get picked up by another club straight away, so where’s the impetus to stop acting like a douchebag?!

... and I agree he is a loose cannon .... with issues ...... but to me it is all about perspective .. whilst you have a point that his behavour has a pattern to it ... his "crimes" are still at the lower end of stupidity, not the high end of criminal or sociopathic violence . he is not close to being in the same category as Lodge and others ...

.. He is a poorly educated indigenous young man with a less than ideal upbringing . I would say in the last 4 years his life has taken some pretty radical changes ... the adjustments he will have had to make along the way to his attitudes and lifestyle would be significant .... if I was recruiting or supporting a boy scout group I would bar him .... but a footy team .... he would still have at least one life left for mine ....

..as an aside .... I have never met his partner, or have any knowledge of her whatsoever, and I am sure she is wonderful, ...... and I am being humerous here ..... but if I was going to write a scenario fraught with danger and excitment .... I would take a poor indigenous kid from Redfern, give him a million dollars and marry him to a young Russian model ...... I wish both of them the best and a long happy life together ......

... and I agree he is a loose cannon .... with issues ...... but to me it is all about perspective .. whilst you have a point that his behavour has a pattern to it ... his "crimes" are still at the lower end of stupidity, not the high end of criminal or sociopathic violence . he is not close to being in the same category as Lodge and others ...

.. He is a poorly educated indigenous young man with a less than ideal upbringing . I would say in the last 4 years his life has taken some pretty radical changes ... the adjustments he will have had to make along the way to his attitudes and lifestyle would be significant .... if I was recruiting or supporting a boy scout group I would bar him .... but a footy team .... he would still have at least one life left for mine ....

..as an aside .... I have never met his partner, or have any knowledge of her whatsoever, and I am sure she is wonderful, ...... and I am being humerous here ..... but if I was going to write a scenario fraught with danger and excitment .... I would take a poor indigenous kid from Redfern, give him a million dollars and marry him to a young Russian model ...... I wish both of them the best and a long happy life together ......

Depends which website he got her from!

He's had a few good matches but nothing that comes close to his reputation or pricetag. And he is certainly not consistent - except for his needless sledging.
I think he is either over-rated or yet to show us his true ability when wearing maroon and white.
Last year you seemed to blame all our problems in the centres on Kelly. Why did Walker escape your criticism?
He backed all that Champion pre Manly performances by winning Best NRL centre of the year in the Manly colours .
Walkers career at Manly was stalled by injury and an incompetent coach who played him out of position .
I did not blame all our problems on Kelly . I did expose the defensive issues that he had that people like your self were in denial of .
In am happy our club did not stand in his way when he wanted out . Along with his defensive issues he lacks genuine pace .

Last edited:
If the ring they ‘found’ was genuinely the original one he was given on GF day, that opens up an even worse can of worms - so some very shady characters have ended up with it, but Dylan said it was lost in Sydney Harbour?! (There’s no way it was retrieved off the bottom of the harbour, BTW - if you believe that, then I’ve got a bridge to sell ya).

Or the one retrieved in the drug raids was the replacement ring after the first one was lost - so he’s lost it twice, then? Once in an act of pure dickheadery, and the second time...well, it’s an interesting question as to how the drug dealers ended up with it, isn’t it...?!
If we all dont know the true story about the ring and how the drug dealers ended with the ring then it is all speculation (the forming of a theory or conjecture without firm evidence.)

Just on his indigenous status, according to his wiki page he's Maori & Samoan from his father's side & is apparently a direct descendant of Fletcher Christian on his mother's side, who hails from Pitcairn island!

Very interesting little tidbit if true.

Just on his indigenous status, according to his wiki page he's Maori & Samoan from his father's side & is apparently a direct descendant of Fletcher Christian on his mother's side, who hails from Pitcairn island!

So if there's a mutiny we know who to blame...

You seem to be suffering from memory loss.
Dylan Walker was one of the main reasons why Manly made the semis in 2017. He was a gun in 2017 and the best centre in the game.

It was only at the end of year, rep team when he shattered his ankle which started the injuries he had in 2018.

Apparently true, have heard the Fletcher Christian link mentioned previously in interviews.

Also a very sad recent history on Pitcairn as well - a whole lot of child molestation they tried to pass off as a cultural quirk.

If Dylan does play for us again he will be a very easy target for some sledging now. I don’t know if he has the temperament to just “brush it off” on or off the field.

It will be interesting to see him up against Curtis Scott again.

If I was Scott I would have quite a few words for Dylan. Likewise the Canberra fans and players.

Haha, not really.
It was found (allegedly) along with a host of other stolen property, according to the same story quoted above:

"Police arrested a man, 21, at a Gosford home on Tuesday.
Officers allegedly uncovered the premiership ring during a search of the Gosford home.
The 21-year-old was charged with a string of offences, including entering enclosed land illegally, steal motor vehicle, larceny, two counts of aggravated break & enter dwelling with intend steal, goods in personal custody suspected being stolen, goods suspected stolen in/on premises, and possession of prohibited drug."

Hey, I suppose all the other people whose stolen property was located might also be involved in criminal underworld gangs!

Or... or...I know, maybe Dylan doesn't even exist...he might simply be one of @mozgrame 's holograms?

Methinks we desperately need some new Manly stories, the current threads have gone to seed ;)

giphy.gif

Haha! Oh man.....are you saying that I'm James Gates?

Still.......you should never mind the evidence on the matter if it doesn't fit your personal worldview, right? That in itself is taking omphaloskepsis to a whole new level! For someone that says/has said he works in the field of law....I find it disturbing that you have a habit of simly brushing facts that don't mesh nicely with your ideas. However....considering you work/worked in the field of law.....that is probably a flaw in my own ability to perceive. Your reaction should be expected.

@:p

The footy forum is awesome! Keep it coming peeps!!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8