Walker cleared to play.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Very bad outcome for the club as I see it.
Walker will have to be allowed to train with the club until the outcome of the case is know which could be just before the 2019 season starts. If he is found guilty the club/NRL would possibly have grounds for terminating his contract.
The club obviously can't sign a replacement, if one is needed, until the case is decided.
This case may not be decided on the hearing date. It could take weeks for a decision.

Walker will have to be allowed to train with the club until the outcome of the case is know which could be just before the 2019 season starts. If he is found guilty the club/NRL would possibly have grounds for terminating his contract.
The club obviously can't sign a replacement, if one is needed, until the case is decided.
This case may not be decided on the hearing date. It could take weeks for a decision.
Yer it leaves us in limbo and as much as I like Walker as a player , jeez I'm pissed at the fool.

Walker will have to be allowed to train with the club until the outcome of the case is know

Why is this a bad outcome ...... if he is found not guilty or the case even dropped .... surely you would want him fit after a strong pre-season ..... training and pushing the gaggle of young blokes competing for a FG spot can also only be good for the squad as well ...

.. and I am not sure the severity of the charge or likely penalty if guilty would give anyone cause for a contract termination ....

Why is this a bad outcome ...... if he is found not guilty or the case even dropped .... surely you would want him fit after a strong pre-season ..... training and pushing the gaggle of young blokes competing for a FG spot can also only be good for the squad as well ...

.. and I am not sure the severity of the charge or likely penalty if guilty would give anyone cause for a contract termination ....
Don't know how long the team has off for Xmas.
But if Manly train for 2 months with him at centre, then he gets suspended for a month or even terminated, Manly backs combos will be affected yet again :swear:

Sadly, Walker's attitude will continue to affect his professional life :cool:

and I am not sure the severity of the charge or likely penalty if guilty would give anyone cause for a contract termination

You won't be making the decision and take the tip if (I said if) he is found guilty he will not be playing rugby league he will be not be registered as a player and plenty at the club will be delighted.

You won't be making the decision and take the tip if (I said if) he is found guilty he will not be playing rugby league he will be not be registered as a player and plenty at the club will be delighted.

If he is terminated then it will have nothing to do with the guilty and everything to do with the thought that he is being paid too much .... Des will be making the decision .... and he hasn't rung me yet to tell me what he thinks ......

One thing Walker needs to check up on was a report identifying Rugby League players being charged with sexual assault. They included Walker. That is grounds for court action, an apology and compensation. It was either in the Telegraph and News e-publication

But this limbo means that the young player won't have the off season to learn to step up :confused:

Self inflicted Fck up as per usual by Walker :mad:

They all train in multiple positions and for multiple scenarios whether he is there or not .... there are wing and centre positions up for graps so Walker pushing the pace at training will only be beneficial .......

I thought he was stood down.
Regardless, Des will have a backup plan. And a backup plan to for the backup plan.

He has been given leave until xmas .... he has not been stood down ..... I expect he is being given time to take his missus to dinner and sort through their issues .... good luck to them ....

I thought he was stood down.
Regardless, Des will have a backup plan. And a backup plan to for the backup plan.
Manly can't stand him down till Feb 26 as he plead not guilty.

We had this with Zane Tetevano and Manly could only act after his conviction

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/w...n/news-story/de686d7937781fca74c834fb6db6be3a

Wife of Storm great Ryan Hoffman reveals front line of NRL’s violence against women

DECEMBER 19, 2018 3:02pm

Even by NRL standards, the 2018 off-season has been a black-eye for the game.
A series of high profile violence against women cases has dented the game’s already strained relationship with key stakeholders — women and families.

The wife of former Melbourne Storm star Ryan Hoffman on Tuesday took the extraordinary step of writing an opinion piece to share her disgust at the scary trend of NRL players disrespecting women.

In 2019 the game has been overshadowed by unresolved accusations of sexual assault and domestic violence against women from NRL contracted players.

The NRL’s headache will carry into 2019 with Jarryd Hayne, Jack de Belin, Dylan Walker, Zane Musgrove and Liam Coleman all to face court next year.

Hayne was charged with aggravated sexual assault and inflicting actual bodily harm following an incident in Newcastle on grand final night. Hayne has strongly denied the accusations and has entered a plea of not guilty.

Dragons star Jack de Belin was charged with aggravated sexual assault in company on December 13 following allegations he and another man sexually assaulted a 19-year old woman after a night out in Wollongong.

Manly star Walker was arrested and charged at his northern beaches home after allegedly assaulting his fiance. The Manly centre was charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

The series of disturbing headlines prompted ARL chairman Peter Beattie to admit the game is being killed by player misbehaviour.

“If we don’t respect women no one will respect our game,” Beattie told The Sunday Telegraph recently.

“It is becoming an embarrassment. These alleged assaults against women are killing the game’s reputation and standing in the community. That will affect the game’s ability to attract corporate sponsorships and women to the game.”

His words have now been rammed home by Mel Hoffman who has brutally exposed the NRL club culture that reinforces the attitudes of players that they are “above normal rules”.

“I have quite literally lost count of the number of NRL players who are currently accused of assaulting women over the years,” Mel Hoffman wrote in a newspaper column shared to her personal website.

“Until October this year, my husband Ryan (Hoffman) was an NRL player, and had been for 16 seasons. So as part of this community, it is particularly heartbreaking.

“It is frightening, appalling, and as violence always is, utterly unacceptable. And it needs to be said, this is not a football issue. Torn up contracts, missed training sessions and stalled careers all pale in comparison to the actual, human cost paid by victims of violence and abuse.

c6163e4b4cdf5b64d0311f6fa12e824c

Ex NRL player Ryan Hoffman with his wife Melissa. Supplied.Source:Supplied

“Unfortunately, allegations of violence against women by football players are nothing new.”

She writes, in her extensive experience, that the argument that violence against women caused by NRL players is simply symptomatic of wider societal issues is complete bogus.

“In recent times, players have actually been made to attend training (during their paid working hours) where in a variety of creative and engaging ways, they are taught in no uncertain terms, that violence against women is never okay,” Hoffman penned.

“Sure, many professional workplaces have anti-discrimination and bullying training, but these are a bunch of blokes who are annually reminded specifically that violence, or any kind of abuse against women, is not acceptable.

“Let me just say that again: it is someone’s job to sit down with groups of fully functioning adult human beings, and make sure they understand that it is wrong to hurt women.

“It’s a sad state of affairs, but if it goes any way to helping protect at-risk women then I’m glad that this type of training exists.

“That said, the existence of this training is the reason I don’t buy the whole, ‘it happens in the world so it happens in rugby league’ argument. This is a group of men who are privileged by education, when others are not. There is never any excuse, but it is particularly true here.”

She claims the root cause of the disrespect players show to those outside their own dressing room stems from the belief that — as professional footballers — they are better than others they bump into on the street. That belief is reinforced, she says, every day by the football club environment.

“The point is, in a variety of ways, rugby league — and particularly the playing group — has long been a space that only teeters on the cusp of professionalism and as a result, the normal rules — workplace, societal and otherwise — don’t always apply,” she claims.

“But given the diabolical consequences that are being faced by women everywhere, both involved in the industry and beyond, it would be great to see NRL clubs backing up their anti-violence training with some changes to approach and therefore to the powerful subconscious messaging. Step up the professionalism.

“Stamp out the larrikin culture. Put women in positions of real power. Align your behavioural policies with those of the rest of professional Australia. Simply put, send the message — the rules absolutely apply to you too.”

I think such comments from women of League need to come out more frequently and players need to be called out and shamed for such actions. Of course we need to be careful regarding allowing the legal system to reach a conclusion because unfortunately there are 'gold diggers' such as the family that denigrated Brett Stewart's name...such people need to be charged themselves. Perhaps clubs should encourage many more family days and maybe a person assigned to deal with family issues, someone who wives can contact when things are falling apart. Could also be available for the player who knows he's losing it. Better to catch it early than to allow it to reach a stage where serious injury results.

Because it leaves the club in limbo until at least February 26.
The best result would have been for the case to have been heard already, and the outcome known. Then the club and Walker would know their fate. If it was bad news and Walker had to be terminated then it would have given the club time to recruit a quality centre (and there may be a few available knowing the Sharks and Tigpies' situation).

Coaches could stamp out this disrespect of women by refusing to select these players or to sign ones who have had a contract terminated.

If he is terminated then it will have nothing to do with the guilty and everything to do with the thought that he is being paid too much .... Des will be making the decision .... and he hasn't rung me yet to tell me what he thinks ......
It wont be up to Des if he is found guilty, the NRL will rub him out for a while.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/w...n/news-story/de686d7937781fca74c834fb6db6be3a

Wife of Storm great Ryan Hoffman reveals front line of NRL’s violence against women

DECEMBER 19, 2018 3:02pm

Even by NRL standards, the 2018 off-season has been a black-eye for the game.
A series of high profile violence against women cases has dented the game’s already strained relationship with key stakeholders — women and families.

The wife of former Melbourne Storm star Ryan Hoffman on Tuesday took the extraordinary step of writing an opinion piece to share her disgust at the scary trend of NRL players disrespecting women.

In 2019 the game has been overshadowed by unresolved accusations of sexual assault and domestic violence against women from NRL contracted players.

The NRL’s headache will carry into 2019 with Jarryd Hayne, Jack de Belin, Dylan Walker, Zane Musgrove and Liam Coleman all to face court next year.

Hayne was charged with aggravated sexual assault and inflicting actual bodily harm following an incident in Newcastle on grand final night. Hayne has strongly denied the accusations and has entered a plea of not guilty.

Dragons star Jack de Belin was charged with aggravated sexual assault in company on December 13 following allegations he and another man sexually assaulted a 19-year old woman after a night out in Wollongong.

Manly star Walker was arrested and charged at his northern beaches home after allegedly assaulting his fiance. The Manly centre was charged with common assault and assault occasioning actual bodily harm.

The series of disturbing headlines prompted ARL chairman Peter Beattie to admit the game is being killed by player misbehaviour.

“If we don’t respect women no one will respect our game,” Beattie told The Sunday Telegraph recently.

“It is becoming an embarrassment. These alleged assaults against women are killing the game’s reputation and standing in the community. That will affect the game’s ability to attract corporate sponsorships and women to the game.”

His words have now been rammed home by Mel Hoffman who has brutally exposed the NRL club culture that reinforces the attitudes of players that they are “above normal rules”.

“I have quite literally lost count of the number of NRL players who are currently accused of assaulting women over the years,” Mel Hoffman wrote in a newspaper column shared to her personal website.

“Until October this year, my husband Ryan (Hoffman) was an NRL player, and had been for 16 seasons. So as part of this community, it is particularly heartbreaking.

“It is frightening, appalling, and as violence always is, utterly unacceptable. And it needs to be said, this is not a football issue. Torn up contracts, missed training sessions and stalled careers all pale in comparison to the actual, human cost paid by victims of violence and abuse.

c6163e4b4cdf5b64d0311f6fa12e824c

Ex NRL player Ryan Hoffman with his wife Melissa. Supplied.Source:Supplied

“Unfortunately, allegations of violence against women by football players are nothing new.”

She writes, in her extensive experience, that the argument that violence against women caused by NRL players is simply symptomatic of wider societal issues is complete bogus.

“In recent times, players have actually been made to attend training (during their paid working hours) where in a variety of creative and engaging ways, they are taught in no uncertain terms, that violence against women is never okay,” Hoffman penned.

“Sure, many professional workplaces have anti-discrimination and bullying training, but these are a bunch of blokes who are annually reminded specifically that violence, or any kind of abuse against women, is not acceptable.

“Let me just say that again: it is someone’s job to sit down with groups of fully functioning adult human beings, and make sure they understand that it is wrong to hurt women.

“It’s a sad state of affairs, but if it goes any way to helping protect at-risk women then I’m glad that this type of training exists.

“That said, the existence of this training is the reason I don’t buy the whole, ‘it happens in the world so it happens in rugby league’ argument. This is a group of men who are privileged by education, when others are not. There is never any excuse, but it is particularly true here.”

She claims the root cause of the disrespect players show to those outside their own dressing room stems from the belief that — as professional footballers — they are better than others they bump into on the street. That belief is reinforced, she says, every day by the football club environment.

“The point is, in a variety of ways, rugby league — and particularly the playing group — has long been a space that only teeters on the cusp of professionalism and as a result, the normal rules — workplace, societal and otherwise — don’t always apply,” she claims.

“But given the diabolical consequences that are being faced by women everywhere, both involved in the industry and beyond, it would be great to see NRL clubs backing up their anti-violence training with some changes to approach and therefore to the powerful subconscious messaging. Step up the professionalism.

“Stamp out the larrikin culture. Put women in positions of real power. Align your behavioural policies with those of the rest of professional Australia. Simply put, send the message — the rules absolutely apply to you too.”

Playing devil’s advocate, and no doubt hugely unpopular, we are talking about 1% of registered players. I agree it should be 0%, but sometimes a little bit of context is needed until all cases are heard before burning people at the stake.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8