Walker back soon?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get the feeling Parker is going through the process to become a better player.I would hate to see him in and out of his current position only to find out later that Walker gets injured again.I think we need to build Parker to a quality first grader.Its a must.I would hate to see Parker pushed aside on the bench.Walker can play when he wants too, no doubt,but Parker is more our future.Time will tell.

Great post mate
He is certainly determined about improvements and it will pay off
Gun defender
Not speedster but can break tackles and go again
Very much a part of the current manly young players fabric
He loves the club

Someone try telling Jake that we could do better without Parker and the rest of the team will be lining up behind him to get at you

Parker loves the club and wants to play fir manly

Dylan doesn’t and plays cause he has to

Nor saying Dylan doesn’t try cause he does
Just saying that he is not fully there as a manly boy yet and not sure if he Ever will be

I reckon still harbours a dream to be with his bro’s at the vermin but knows it’s only a dream
Any way
I rate the scorpion

Great post mate
He is certainly determined about improvements and it will pay off
Gun defender
Not speedster but can break tackles and go again
Very much a part of the current manly young players fabric
He loves the club

Someone try telling Jake that we could do better without Parker and the rest of the team will be lining up behind him to get at you

Parker loves the club and wants to play fir manly

Dylan doesn’t and plays cause he has to

Nor saying Dylan doesn’t try cause he does
Just saying that he is not fully there as a manly boy yet and not sure if he Ever will be

I reckon still harbours a dream to be with his bro’s at the vermin but knows it’s only a dream
Any way
I rate the scorpion
I like what you have posted in the first part of your post. But what evidence is there that Dylan doesn’t love the club and the boys he plays with?

I agree and like Parker for these qualities but Des is one of the best defensive coaches probably ever... Parker is case in point. Was horrible defensively and now is a top defensive centre in the NRL - the key is here tho that he will never be a top centre. He doesnt have the attacking spark. In my opinion, blokes like Suli, Walker and probably Hoppa do have the attacking spark. Their defense and the structure can be somewhat coached, but their effective running game and speed can’t.

Love Parker but for this reason I just think in a team coached as well defensively like ours is we need to have more natural attackers if we are to go to that next level especially with 2/3 of our attacking weapons being seriously injury prone (Walker, Trbo)
Parker was never horrible defensively. It has always been his strong suit. From 18s and 20s to First grade he has always been a gun defender, not sure how you could say he used to be a horrible defender

I like what you have posted in the first part of your post. But what evidence is there that Dylan doesn’t love the club and the boys he plays with?

Your right mate
Good call

That should not have been said as explicit as it sounded and I maintain that Dwalkz will give it his best and history will show
that I have defended him more than most on many occasions on this site

I think he is deservedly an Australian and origin player and un tapped natural ability

the rest is just personal speculation biased by interaction with Parker and others & his desire to be at manly

I apologise if I have cast any aspirations on Dylan as his talent will be needed for us to win another comp

I hope he plays his career out with us and goes down as one of our best signings

Parker was never horrible defensively. It has always been his strong suit. From 18s and 20s to First grade he has always been a gun defender, not sure how you could say he used to be a horrible defender
Short memories I guess we have. He was extremely suspect early on when moving around between centre and wing. Wasn’t that great under Barrett.

Point being is this year and last year he has improved out of sight whilst under Des, his defence included. I can’t remember him being ‘one of the best defensive centres‘ in the NRL when every silvertail was calling for him to be brushed at the end of 2018.

lawl

I forgot to add...

Plays ball...looks at ref...raises arms once more...jogs into position shaking his head.
That's not a real problem though. There is a bigger problem than that and that's getting to your feet to play the ball and then dropping it coldly.NOW that,s a problem.Sometimes we can try to play the game too fast and that can end up with no ball at all. The game is simple and we need to keep it that way. There is a time to play the ball quickly but not on every play.These days it seems its getting to the stage where our play makers have no time to think. There is so many ways to look at it but in the end to a degree, it don't matter as long as we retain possession because without the ball you cant score try's.I dunno if you ever skinned a cat, but there is more ways than one.

That can be a real problem though.

If you're trying to play uptempo footy and one player takes 5-7 seconds to play the ball.

I agree, dropping the ball coldly (whether trying to play the ball fast or slow) is a bigger problem.

Also it's not necessarily playing the ball fast - or slow as the only two choices. There's a medium in there - or like.... more then one way to skin a cat.

I'm happy to say, I have never skinned a cat.

I understand what you're saying (typing) though, I just don't think you need 5-7 seconds to play the ball as you're looking and waving your arms at the ref (more chance to drop the ball too).

Post contac
That can be a real problem though.

If you're trying to play uptempo footy and one player takes 5-7 seconds to play the ball.

I agree, dropping the ball coldly (whether trying to play the ball fast or slow) is a bigger problem.

Also it's not necessarily playing the ball fast - or slow as the only two choices. There's a medium in there - or like.... more then one way to skin a cat.

I'm happy to say, I have never skinned a cat.

I understand what you're saying (typing) though, I just don't think you need 5-7 seconds to play the ball as you're looking and waving your arms at the ref (more chance to drop the ball too).
Post contact metres can be a bit wanky. A forward that recognises momentum can be either post contact metres, of a quick submit and play the ball.

Once a single defender is isolated and the line bent, a quick sumit can be the best way to screw the defence. But i suspect stats plays a part

This is a bellamy nugget

The teams that are in the top half of the comp are playing the game at a much faster tempo than the rest. The Rorters play really fast and move the ball out wide very quickly giving the outside backs and wingers more space. Playing the ball quickly requires concentration and later in the match a high level of fitness.

Short memories I guess we have. He was extremely suspect early on when moving around between centre and wing. Wasn’t that great under Barrett.

Point being is this year and last year he has improved out of sight whilst under Des, his defence included. I can’t remember him being ‘one of the best defensive centres‘ in the NRL when every silvertail was calling for him to be brushed at the end of 2018.
People were calling for him to be dropped because he was playing out of position and making mistakes. Had nothing to do with his defence

Seems Des liked him at 5/8 and in a week or 2, Walker will slot straight back into the run on side.
The question is where ??
If Cust backs up last week with a MOM performance vs Penrith, you would expect he holds the 6 spot and the halves partner we have craved for DCE is here to stay...
Then Walker who has that amazing running game and adds zip out wide, could get a centre spot back.
Then we have Parker, though not the quickest outside back, I give the bloke a 10 for effort, runs hard and with no exaggeration, rate him up with the best defensive backs in the comp.
Suli you would expect to hold his centre position as his X factor attack is needed (wish they would throw him early ball more often), as generally kills it with time to wind up....but in reality and based on form its a tough call, as Parker has been on par with Suli based on overall performance.
Or does Walker get thrown to fullback where he has space to create havoc, yet could be high risk from opposition kicking game and being the general dictating from the back is not learn't overnight...plus the fact Elliott who may lack the same scope in attack, has proven very reliable and in most part, been very solid.
What's the thoughts on this good dilemma ??

The problem is neither Suli or Walker are natural left centres.

Last year Walker played a left centre for a bit and wasn't effective at all. Cust was partly to blame for that as he went sideways a lot before passing to Walker.

Maybe Walker has developed a decent right arm fend since he does play on the left side of the field now.

Seems Des liked him at 5/8 and in a week or 2, Walker will slot straight back into the run on side.
The question is where ??
If Cust backs up last week with a MOM performance vs Penrith, you would expect he holds the 6 spot and the halves partner we have craved for DCE is here to stay...
Then Walker who has that amazing running game and adds zip out wide, could get a centre spot back.
Then we have Parker, though not the quickest outside back, I give the bloke a 10 for effort, runs hard and with no exaggeration, rate him up with the best defensive backs in the comp.
Suli you would expect to hold his centre position as his X factor attack is needed (wish they would throw him early ball more often), as generally kills it with time to wind up....but in reality and based on form its a tough call, as Parker has been on par with Suli based on overall performance.
Or does Walker get thrown to fullback where he has space to create havoc, yet could be high risk from opposition kicking game and being the general dictating from the back is not learn't overnight...plus the fact Elliott who may lack the same scope in attack, has proven very reliable and in most part, been very solid.
What's the thoughts on this good dilemma ??
Parker out for me.His defence is very good and agree he’s one of the best,but he hardly strikes fear into the opposition defence as opposed to Walker and Suli

it's a tough decision to make for Des, but it's definitely a good one to have to make.

Bringing Walker into the centres means that someone in the back 5 will miss out, and to be honest none of them deserve to be dropped.

The main reason why I would stick to Walker back into the 6 jumper is that he will try things more off the cuff/risky than Cust will, which is something that we still require at the moment as we're way too readable in defence, even with the addition of Cust at 6.

Des picked Walker at 5/8 because there was no one else good enough for the role. With Cust a possible and Schuster coming through, Walker will probably return to centre where he is most effective. If full back I would like to see his positional play and ability under the high ball. Certainly as an attacking full back, he would get the thumbs up

Des picked Walker at 5/8 because there was no one else good enough for the role. With Cust a possible and Schuster coming through, Walker will probably return to centre where he is most effective. If full back I would like to see his positional play and ability under the high ball. Certainly as an attacking full back, he would get the thumbs up
I think he'd make a very good fb given time.. he's fast elusive has good pass selection and can break tackles. In D he would go ok.. catching the high balls under pressure would be his main problem and as you said positional play

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6