Walker back soon?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Not sure why people find it hard to work out 80 minute edge second rowers do 10 to twenty hit ups and twenty to thirty tackles a match, not half a dozen like outside backs.There are dozens of huge three quarters in the NRL and there is a reason they don’t play in the forwards.

Parker gets smashed every second tackle, has zero post contact metres, and has never ever played second row and he replaces Thommo ?
Seriously .
Just won’t happen and would not be considered.
Great one on one tackle on Sivo but to use that as a basis for a career in the forwards!
I was more interested in how Blake ran away from him like he was standing still while also having to carry the ball.
He’s a hardworking decent defensive centre who has a place when we have our strike weapons fit and firing and he can hold his edge tight.
He needs to put on a few kgs but definitely has the making of a potentially tough hard-working backrower. He's got the attitude, perfect coach... and hair colour... to make a long-term transition successful. At 193cm and with good defensive technique, and a little speed (but not enough for centre), all he needs is about 5kg and a little time 1 in

Should give Guacamole a chance, big body with a good off load, did well in the 20’s on that left edge.

Good combination with Cust an upside, has some talent.
Fan of Guac but in reality we do need a couple good signings if we are to be in the category of roosters/storm and win the comp next year. Would help a lot.

Need a gun wing/centre maybe Naden, Hiku etc and a good back rower would go well.

Otherwise we need Guaca, Schuster & Hoppa to basically all fire which is a pretty unlikely scenario in the short term the way Des is conservative with his line up and there being no NSW cup/lower grades to play. List management could be better... we can get players on the same coin range as Taufua Elliott etc who are better.

Havjng Taufua keep his wing and Gosiewski/waddell taking place of thompson next year would be a bit of a worry... those players are a pretty big step down compared to the rest of the team and especially if your looking at the quality across the board of the top sides like Roosters and Storm.

Fan of Guac but in reality we do need a couple good signings if we are to win the comp next year. Would help a lot.

Need a gun wing/centre maybe Naden, Hiku etc and a good back rower would go well.

Otherwise we need Guaca, Schuster & Hoppa to basically all get blooded and step up. List management could be better... we can get players on the same coin range as Taufua Elliott etc who are better.

Havjng Taufua keep his wing and Gosiewski/waddell taking place of thompson next year would be a bit of a worry... those players are a pretty big step down compared to the rest of the team
I think Guacamole has untapped potential, a few of the other guys like Hoppa and Schuster we have seen how much talent they have from Harold Mathews onwards.

Guacamole is a bit of a late starter and still learning, from what I have seen he runs good lines and gets his arms free a good percentage of the time. Has had some game time this season and did not make any errors.

The club has produced some good edge back rowers, I see Guacamole has our next junior back rower to go onto representative footy.

I don’t see how Waddell and JetSki pip him on the bench each week, hopefully he gets a chance soon mate.

Agree we need some pace in the three quarter line, I think Funa will come along in time, I would play Funa ahead of Garrick. Some good judges say Albert will make a good centre,like the look of Smalley coming through, not sure where the club hold him in terms of getting into the 36.

Hopefully crusher and the team are looking about also.

Not sure why people find it hard to work out 80 minute edge second rowers do 10 to twenty hit ups and twenty to thirty tackles a match, not half a dozen like outside backs.There are dozens of huge three quarters in the NRL and there is a reason they don’t play in the forwards.

Parker gets smashed every second tackle, has zero post contact metres, and has never ever played second row and he replaces Thommo ?
Seriously .
Great one on one tackle on Sivo but to use that as a basis for a career in the forwards!
I was more interested in how Blake ran away from him like he was standing still while also having to carry the ball.
He’s a hardworking decent defensive centre who has a place when we have our strike weapons fit and firing and he can hold his edge tight.
Maybe he will. Trex was a winger once upon a time. If Parker gets a bit bigger who knows? Most probably not as we have waddell the jet and Guacamole. In des we trust

Seriously .
Fair enough

I think Guacamole has untapped potential, a few of the other guys like Hoppa and Schuster we have seen how much talent they have from Harold Mathews onwards.

Guacamole is a bit of a late starter and still learning, from what I have seen he runs good lines and gets his arms free a good percentage of the time. Has had some game time this season and did not make any errors.

The club has produced some good edge back rowers, I see Guacamole has our next junior back rower to go onto representative footy.

I don’t see how Waddell and JetSki pip him on the bench each week, hopefully he gets a chance soon mate.

Agree we need some pace in the three quarter line, I think Funa will come along in time, I would play Funa ahead of Garrick. Some good judges say Albert will make a good centre,like the look of Smalley coming through, not sure where the club hold him in terms of getting into the 36.

Hopefully crusher and the team are looking about also.
I agree. Its not that these kids dont have talent its just that the top teams dont have them shoed in as a starting position with little game experience. They earn a bench spot and then the competition ensues or injuries come, they outperform and then tough decisions have to be made.

I think garrick is one of our best backs just hasn’t starred likely due to positional switch. He is one of the better wingers in comp... i would definitely have him over Taufua. Garrick is actually okay in the air and never drops balls nor does he come off his wing. Less effective hit ups tho.

I just really think we need to cut the blokes that dont have the potential to move to this next level. This is mainly in the 2row and outside back area... we don’t need blokes like Boyle in reality... he is never providing the goods and your more likely of making a star out of a young gun like Titmuss IMO especially considering the cheaper price.

Faitala-Mariner is off contract at the dogs... another player who would be an upgrade in jetski/waddell but not too expensive. I would sign Ray Stone too he is quality for his pay package and Eels game time.

To not spam this thread, heres photos of what i would have for Manly team next year. If we are cap space squeezed let parker go and have hopoate / funa / harper fight for his spot

@deshasler Sign me

Attachments

• 5FEAFF58-AD9B-46B8-9E78-53C1B39D30ED.png
    5FEAFF58-AD9B-46B8-9E78-53C1B39D30ED.png
    106.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 91A7D1C1-485C-4DDA-8246-1F51D07652BF.png
    91A7D1C1-485C-4DDA-8246-1F51D07652BF.png
    123.2 KB · Views: 30
I agree. Its not that these kids dont have talent its just that the top teams dont have them shoed in as a starting position with little game experience. They earn a bench spot and then the competition ensues or injuries come, they outperform and then tough decisions have to be made.

I think garrick is one of our best backs just hasn’t starred likely due to positional switch. He is one of the better wingers in comp... i would definitely have him over Taufua. Garrick is actually okay in the air and never drops balls nor does he come off his wing. Less effective hit ups tho.

I just really think we need to cut the blokes that dont have the potential to move to this next level. This is mainly in the 2row and outside back area... we don’t need blokes like Boyle in reality... he is never providing the goods and your more likely of making a star out of a young gun like Titmuss IMO especially considering the cheaper price.

Faitala-Mariner is off contract at the dogs... another player who would be an upgrade in jetski/waddell but not too expensive. I would sign Ray Stone too he is quality for his pay package and Eels game time.

To not spam this thread, heres photos of what i would have for Manly team next year. If we are cap space squeezed let parker go and have hopoate / funa / harper fight for his spot

@deshasler Sign me
With the Harper signing I don't really know or think if we'd hit the market for any more outside backs.. I don't think it's plausible salary cap wise.
Taufua, Parker, Suli, Walker, Garrick, Funa, Hopoate, Harper. Even if you got rid of Taufua and Parker we would need depth replacements to cover them. Maybe Saab? Probably wouldn't be any money for a noteworthy signing, that and we shouldnt really take money out of of other areas that need strengthening first like our backrow and potentially five eight/ hooker depending on fainu outcome. Thompson is leaving freeing up some wiggle room but I'm certain Suli extension may have already bit into that.. I reckon we may have enough money for one more signing.. hopefully harawira, Burton, Foran for eg.. it's really hard to forsee though as guestimating isn't realistic or clear enough to determine what there is in the kitty

With the Harper signing I don't really know or think if we'd hit the market for any more outside backs.. I don't think it's plausible salary cap wise.
Taufua, Parker, Suli, Walker, Garrick, Funa, Hopoate, Harper. Even if you got rid of Taufua and Parker we would need depth replacements to cover them. Maybe Saab? Probably wouldn't be any money for a noteworthy signing, that and we shouldnt really take money out of of other areas that need strengthening first like our backrow and potentially five eight/ hooker depending on fainu outcome. Thompson is leaving freeing up some wiggle room but I'm certain Suli extension may have already bit into that.. I reckon we may have enough money for one more signing.. hopefully harawira, Burton, Foran for eg.. it's really hard to forsee though as guestimating isn't realistic or clear enough to determine what there is in the kitty
Burton would be a trump card and with May at 14 now maybe we could tempt him. He would slot straight into 6 and I’m a big Cust fan which would be sad, he could take Crokers role permanently however.

Naden would be on similar coin to all our centres & wings and is better... and can cover all back 5. Would love him. Just think he could add that bit extra

Wish list would be 2 of: Burton, Naden, Stone, Faitala-Mariner. Who knows tho, we don’t really sign people so I guess should start blooding youngsters when we can.

At end of day as long as we keep our prop rotation of AFB-Marty-Keppie-Paseka, with Jake, DCE and Tom we will be a top 4 side without injuries.

Burton would be a trump card and with May at 14 now maybe we could tempt him. He would slot straight into 6 and I’m a big Cust fan which would be sad, he could take Crokers role permanently however.

Naden would be on similar coin to all our centres & wings and is better... and can cover all back 5. Would love him. Just think he could add that bit extra

Wish list would be 2 of: Burton, Naden, Stone, Faitala-Mariner. Who knows tho, we don’t really sign people so I guess should start blooding youngsters when we can.

At end of day as long as we keep our prop rotation of AFB-Marty-Keppie-Paseka, with Jake, DCE and Tom we will be a top 4 side without injuries.
I'm pretty sure Mariner has already extended or is on the verge of putting pen to paper

I think Parker is a genuine, out and out centre. I wouldn't have many others in front of him in the nrl. We need more punch in our backline but I think that signings will have to be in the wings in the future unless we could miraculously grab someone like Katoni Staggs. Tough calls coming up, but while I think Walker in centres makes our side tougher on paper, I think his defence is suspect and doesn't really possess too much speed anymore (maybe?). Walker to 14? (when he comes on he could go to 6, Cust to 9 or other way around?). Otherwise he will most likely come into the starting 6 jersey if we are to be a little bit conservative, but I think Cust has put his hand up with his effort and energy alone (some great runs today as well and attacking decisions of when to pass and when not to)

Hank Scorpio may not offer much as an attacking centre, but damn if he hasn't turned into one of the best defensive centres in the past season and a half under Des.

What we do need though is attacking punch on our left. Parker doesn't offer a lot there as we know. He can score a try, but he's the type of centre who can more put a fast winger down the sideline than he is going to run the length himself. But right now with Jorge outside him we simply don't have that pacy winger on our left

In a perfect world we'd have centres who could tackle like Brad Parker and run with Russel Gartner like pace. Unfortunately its not a perfect world.

TBH I don't know why people are bagging Garrick right now because other than his goal kicking being a bit hit and miss, he really hasn't done much wrong. Unfortunately our attack has been so clunky for the most part this year that he has not really seen the ball in any open space. Added to the fact that he's gone in the last month or so from wing to fullback and back to the wing.

The reality is that he has had very little opportunity to score tries this year or show his speed out on the wing, and its really been no fault of his own. His general play has been fine with little to no errors I can remember, and he has been very safe under any high ball kicked his way. Goal kicking percentage this year aside, about the only issue I have with him is he can get ragdolled a bit by the defence, depending on who is doing the tackling. But even that he has improved since last year and he is often making post contact metres these days.

You know, Reubs may not be the absolute fastest winger in the NRL, but if truth be told I'd say that there are probably only 6, maybe 7 full time wingers who are genuinely faster than he is. Put him in open space and he is very hard to catch. Problem is that this year the only open space he's seen is when trying to chase down opposition players who have made a break.

Last edited:
Parker was fast coming into some attacking football when dylan was at 6. Walker got things moving by running to the line, offloading etc etc. not saying he is a rolls royce but id like to see that back in action before jumping to any changes

Centres and wingers are only as good as the ball they get from inside. If we want to use them we should look for players that promote this style of footy

Getting early ball at centre for manly has been an issue for a couple of seasons. It happened last week and it stood out like dogs balls. Was weird. We generally set deep then turn it back on the inside when going that way.

TBH I don't know why people are bagging Garrick right now because other than his goal kicking being a bit hit and miss, he really hasn't done much wrong. Unfortunately our attack has been so clunky for the most part this year that he has not really seen the ball in any open space. Added to the fact that he's gone in the last month or so from wing to fullback and back to the wing.

The reality is that he has had very little opportunity to score tries this year or show his speed out on the wing, and its really been no fault of his own. His general play has been fine with little to no errors I can remember, and he has been very safe under any high ball kicked his way. Goal kicking percentage this year aside, about the only issue I have with him is he can get ragdolled a bit by the defence, depending on who is doing the tackling. But even that he has improved since last year and he is often making post contact metres these days.

You know, Reubs may not be the absolute fastest winger in the NRL, but if truth be told I'd say that there are probably only 6, maybe 7 full time wingers who are genuinely faster than he is. Put him in open space and he is very hard to catch. Problem is that this year the only open space he's seen is when trying to chase down opposition players who have made a break.
From what I have seen of Garrick he can catch a high ball well. Other then that he does not create opportunities, he does not bend the line when returning the ball from kicks, he stops, jinks then falls into the defence.

I have not seen him break tackles at all this season other then when we played Parra at bank west, he ran over Gutherson to score the disallowed try.

The game now I think you need more from your winger then what Garrick is offering at the moment.

Fan of Guac but in reality we do need a couple good signings if we are to be in the category of roosters/storm and win the comp next year. Would help a lot.

Otherwise we need Guaca, Schuster & Hoppa to basically all fire which is a pretty unlikely scenario in the short term the way Des is conservative with his line up and there being no NSW cup/lower grades to play. List management could be better... we can get players on the same coin range as Taufua Elliott etc who are better.

Havjng Taufua keep his wing and Gosiewski/waddell taking place of thompson next year would be a bit of a worry... those players are a pretty big step down compared to the rest of the team and especially if your looking at the quality across the board of the top sides like Roosters and Storm.

Hiku!? seriously

From what I have seen of Garrick he can catch a high ball well. Other then that he does not create opportunities, he does not bend the line when returning the ball from kicks, he stops, jinks then falls into the defence.

I have not seen him break tackles at all this season other then when we played Parra at bank west, he ran over Gutherson to score the disallowed try.

The game now I think you need more from your winger then what Garrick is offering at the moment.

both our wingers could be improved imho but Garrick can improve and his kicking needs to get back to at least high 70%s ... was good to see George catch a few this weekend

Still remains the case that not all rangy centres with a bit of size about them will easily transition to the back row at N R L level . Running style , how they hit the line , being able to handle the impact , Brad does it well one on one in attack out in the centres but in the middle is a different situation . Defence he would fare a little better perhaps there . Think that 6 weeks recovery was the original prediction for Dylan and if he is ready for the Panthers [ ? ] match in round 12 , would only expect him to come back as the 6 if Suli is again available . As for Cust and Croker then as bench options , as well as Cade continues to show some promise , probably Croker based on the Eels outcome .

TRex was 20kg heavier and apart from a twelve month aberration went backwards quicker than Hank.

Jetski currently own the utility backrow/ outside back coverage and it seems we need an outside back weekly. it is not as big a jump to see parker transition into that bench role as opposed to a starting backrower consistently in1 season. Does jetski move up or on. Not sure. No room for both playing that role. Non specialist.
Manly seem prop heavy and play that way. Out starting second rowers generally dont punch out massive metres or impact but are very strong defensively.
we wont be able to be strong in all positions .

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6