Walker back soon?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
Dessie in the presser said Walker "not far off" so hopefully maybe we get through the Warriors then we have him back on deck.

He also said they will have a clearer picture on Tom this week as they will do some scans and he is hoping more two than four weeks....but tbd on that one

Keep Cust at six and put Walker in for Parker who is a great defender but Walker has him as a centre.
I think Parker is a genuine, out and out centre. I wouldn't have many others in front of him in the nrl. We need more punch in our backline but I think that signings will have to be in the wings in the future unless we could miraculously grab someone like Katoni Staggs. Tough calls coming up, but while I think Walker in centres makes our side tougher on paper, I think his defence is suspect and doesn't really possess too much speed anymore (maybe?). Walker to 14? (when he comes on he could go to 6, Cust to 9 or other way around?). Otherwise he will most likely come into the starting 6 jersey if we are to be a little bit conservative, but I think Cust has put his hand up with his effort and energy alone (some great runs today as well and attacking decisions of when to pass and when not to)

I think Parker is a genuine, out and out centre. I wouldn't have many others in front of him in the nrl. We need more punch in our backline but I think that signings will have to be in the wings in the future unless we could miraculously grab someone like Katoni Staggs. Tough calls coming up, but while I think Walker in centres makes our side tougher on paper, I think his defence is suspect and doesn't really possess too much speed anymore (maybe?). Walker to 14? (when he comes on he could go to 6, Cust to 9 or other way around?). Otherwise he will most likely come into the starting 6 jersey if we are to be a little bit conservative, but I think Cust has put his hand up with his effort and energy alone (some great runs today as well and attacking decisions of when to pass and when not to)
Walker at centre gives much more options in attack, similar to when Jamie Lyon went back to centre he was a kick option as well as our halves

please no. We need a better second rower than Parker. Who has never even played that position in top grade
Not sure why people find it hard to work out 80 minute edge second rowers do 10 to twenty hit ups and twenty to thirty tackles a match, not half a dozen like outside backs.There are dozens of huge three quarters in the NRL and there is a reason they don’t play in the forwards.

Parker gets smashed every second tackle, has zero post contact metres, and has never ever played second row and he replaces Thommo ?
Seriously .
Just won’t happen and would not be considered.
Great one on one tackle on Sivo but to use that as a basis for a career in the forwards!
I was more interested in how Blake ran away from him like he was standing still while also having to carry the ball.
He’s a hardworking decent defensive centre who has a place when we have our strike weapons fit and firing and he can hold his edge tight.

Last edited:
Was never thrilled by Dylan's defense as a centre, that is the main issue I think.

Cust seems like he is warming to 5/8 but I am not convinced, yet. Doesn't help that most of the time the ball is still going to DCE on the last tackle.

Walker at centre gives much more options in attack, similar to when Jamie Lyon went back to centre he was a kick option as well as our halves
I would stick with the fully fit team and keep Walker at 6 for now as it is mid season but maybe next season look at shifting him and maybe moving along bred.

Cust is a great utility, good 6 and good 9. Maybe he shares his time like this:
1st Half: 25th-40th minute Hooker for Levi

2nd Half: 20 mins at 6 and Walker shift to centre depending on the time of the game

Crokers 40/20 was nice, I think Croker is a good backup hooker but not much else.

Not sure why people find it hard to work out 80 minute edge second rowers do 10 to twenty hit ups and twenty to thirty tackles a match, not half a dozen like outside backs.There are dozens of huge three quarters in the NRL and there is a reason they don’t play in the forwards.

Parker gets smashed every second tackle, has zero post contact metres, and has never ever played second row and he replaces Thommo ?
Seriously .
Just won’t happen and would not be considered.
Great one on one tackle on Sivo but to use that as a basis for a career in the forwards!
I was more interested in how Blake ran away from him like he was standing still while also having to carry the ball.
He’s a hardworking decent defensive centre who has a place when we have our strike weapons fit and firing and he can hold his edge tight.
Yeah agree every one happy with a when but hank taking ball from our end after kick he does get belted and puts us under pressure. My suggestion here is get him away from this tackle 2 option look at suli

Members online

No members online now.
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4