VOTE on "Do you want Pearce at Manly?"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you want pearce at manly?

• Yes

• No

• Meh

Results are only viewable after voting.
Obviously I'd prefer Cronk for one, perhaps two, seasons. What I don't want to see happen is that our promising Under 20s playmakers, Cust and Wright, feel that their path to first grade has been blocked for any more than 1-2 years, and leave. If we were to sign Pearce it would be for three years or longer. Signing him is a signal to the younger playmakers that the club is ambivalent about their futures.
Cronk is declining in quality fast. And, on top of that (as you mentioned) he hasn't got long left. Pearce is more than capable and has long to go, meaning we can build a strong, stable spine (and side around this) for the future

my feathered friends it seems thanks to the roosters storm broncos eels and the likes of you all just want to buy a premiership.. now I understand it's off season and it's fun to discuss player movements but we spent the last decade getting rid of the silver tails tag we had a core group of legends and we built a team around them.. 07 Lyon was our only marque until 2015 I think it was (correct if wrong please) when we won those gfs we built our way there not bought it like the roosters ie 2012 finish 13th then buy sbw Maloney Jennings and finish 1st and rort a gf. The taste was so much sweeter like when we beat a cheating storm.. now it seems you all want to follow suite and that's a shame it's not the manly way anymore we are a better club then all the rest I consider us the pride of the league but now you all want dog boy at our proud club.. @harrysmith has made a pic of pearce in a manly jersey.. YUK! seriously he is not manly and never should be regardless of his club form which is good I'll admit but don't tell me cordner doesn't make him look good the guys a freak and nsw captain. they all said Maloney was the calming influence on pearce so how will that work when green does that for dce? the two could be a good combo but imo green is better value for money and a good man. He will be better for our club and the younger players not this [inappropriate]. ask yourselves this would the manly legends I mentioned in the beginning want the likes of Pearce at our proud club? ask your selves do you want this man at our club? VOTE NO TO THE DOG BOY

A clear, well constructed argument and an easy read to boot!

I agree!

:D
Don't know where your 'eel fandom' read comes from.

I just love Wolfie :inlove:
images

Wolfie fandom :rock:
@niccipops @ALinda @Brooke
Like times lots.:D

Cronk is declining in quality fast. And, on top of that (as you mentioned) he hasn't got long left. Pearce is more than capable and has long to go, meaning we can build a strong, stable spine (and side around this) for the future
I think the roosters are making a massive mistake if cronk signs . No Smith and co or team cohesion to walk into the roosters raw. We might just see that cronk may not be god after all . And im not saying he can't play, im just saying.

Des, pull your head in with the rubbish or there will be a holiday

Stay on track and there won't be an issue

He's skating on thin ice for comments in this thread? Really? Over the last few days I have read far, far worse. The Zorba thread comes to mind. Some of the personal attacks against him were a little tasteless and I am not a big fan of him myself.

He's skating on thin ice for comments in this thread? Really? Over the last few days I have read far, far worse. The Zorba thread comes to mind. Some of the personal attacks against him were a little tasteless and I am not a big fan of him myself.

There are multiple posts in more than one topic which are now deleted from view that cross the line

Des, pull your head in with the rubbish or there will be a holiday

Stay on track and there won't be an issue

Well don Kiwi..................this seems like a very fair attempt at moderation..........

Perhaps you should share your approach with SER8 who hands out "holidays" indiscriminately because HE (the almighty HE) doesn't like posts where the owner of the club is being abused .................it might "affect ST's relationship with the club"

Always thinking about the BIG picture that SER8!!

Well don Kiwi..................this seems like a very fair attempt at moderation..........

Perhaps you should share your approach with SER8 who hands out "holidays" indiscriminately because HE (the almighty HE) doesn't like posts where the owner of the club is being abused .................it might "affect ST's relationship with the club"

Always thinking about the BIG picture that SER8!!
Is there anything worse than criticising people who work, for free, to try make a better environment for everyone to enjoy?

All mods work together (more than you would know) to keep this place the great forum it is

Is there anything worse than criticising people who work, for free, to try make a better environment for everyone to enjoy?

All mods work together (more than you would know) to keep this place the great forum it is

Yep there is......................people who take up voluntary roles and then abuse the power that comes with it!

You got to be joking right..............if a person is abusing his position...........he gets an exemption because he is doing it for free (i'm thinking you would be exonerating Jimmy Saville ...........after all he was doing it for charity) :clap: !!!

Yep there is......................people who take up voluntary roles and then abuse the power that comes with it!

You got to be joking right..............if a person is abusing his position...........he gets an exemption because he is doing it for free (i'm thinking you would be exonerating Jimmy Saville ...........after all he was doing it for charity) :clap: !!!

Remind me why or gown he is abusing his power by trying to protect the site? This is a place that encourages respectful dialogue/ disagreement but still needs to follow some rules in order to stay open.

I guess the choice is always yours.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8