VOTE on "Do you want Pearce at Manly?"

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you want pearce at manly?

• Yes

• No

• Meh

Results are only viewable after voting.
my feathered friends it seems thanks to the roosters storm broncos eels and the likes of you all just want to buy a premiership.. now I understand it's off season and it's fun to discuss player movements but we spent the last decade getting rid of the silver tails tag we had a core group of legends and we built a team around them.. 07 Lyon was our only marque until 2015 I think it was (correct if wrong please) when we won those gfs we built our way there not bought it like the roosters ie 2012 finish 13th then buy sbw Maloney Jennings and finish 1st and rort a gf. The taste was so much sweeter like when we beat a cheating storm.. now it seems you all want to follow suite and that's a shame it's not the manly way anymore we are a better club then all the rest I consider us the pride of the league but now you all want dog boy at our proud club.. @harrysmith has made a pic of pearce in a manly jersey.. YUK! seriously he is not manly and never should be regardless of his club form which is good I'll admit but don't tell me cordner doesn't make him look good the guys a freak and nsw captain. they all said Maloney was the calming influence on pearce so how will that work when green does that for dce? the two could be a good combo but imo green is better value for money and a good man. He will be better for our club and the younger players not this [inappropriate]. ask yourselves this would the manly legends I mentioned in the beginning want the likes of Pearce at our proud club? ask your selves do you want this man at our club? VOTE NO TO THE DOG BOY

Last edited by a moderator:
Firstly let's get real, he didn't actually commit bestiality. He simulated it. Sure still disgusting, but let's not go over the top.

To be honest the uproar over this when it happened was nothing short of hysterical.

I'll go on the record as saying I'm happy to have Pearce (just so you are aware my name is Killer03 normally and my log in didn't work). So my 1 post isn't a troll.

He has had his share of incidents, but I believe he could both be good for Manly and we could be good for him.

Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson - Bought
Steven Bell - Bought*
Steve Matai - Bought
David Williams - Bought
Jamie Lyon - Bought*
Matt Orford - Bought*
Brent Kite - Bought*
Matt Ballin - Bought
Josh Perry - Bought*
Anthony Watmough
Glen Hall - Bought
Glenn Stewart
Heath L'Estrange - Bought
Mark Bryant - Bought
Jason King
Steve Menzies

For your reference here is the 2008 team that had the Manly culture. Make of it what you will however I think to much is made about buying players and club cultures. Cultures will change from team to team. Its about having a good culture and one that makes you want to play for each other. Nothing stays the same.
The players marked with * are what could be considered as marquee signings and there is quite a few in that team.

Obviously I'd prefer Cronk for one, perhaps two, seasons. What I don't want to see happen is that our promising Under 20s playmakers, Cust and Wright, feel that their path to first grade has been blocked for any more than 1-2 years, and leave. If we were to sign Pearce it would be for three years or longer. Signing him is a signal to the younger playmakers that the club is ambivalent about their futures.

As an update just got a phone call with a close professional friend of Mitchell which spoke with him yesterday, and this is how it is currently;
  • he is pissed off about not being told about Cronk, was kept in the dark
  • Cronk will be announced early next week. Being ratified by NRL currently
  • The Rooster wanted to have all 4 (Mitch / Cronk /Keary / Friend) rotate positions
  • Mitch does not want to play hooker
  • Mitch believes that he shouldn't have to relinquish the half back role and thinks his best years are ahead of him
  • He released his displeasure to the media
  • Roosters at this moment will not release him but are meeting him next week to discuss situation in an attempt to retain him, if they did they would make it expensive for him to leave
  • This situation has nothing to do with money, his girlfriend lives in Sydney so if given a release they wouldn't move away from Sydney
  • He is good mates with Sironen and another Manly player, and he gets on well with Barrett
  • His friend thought all should be clearer after Roosters Meeting and will call me when he hears
Overall: unlikely to be given a release, but if so, we are Winks like odds on to get him. Keep you updated my feathered friends.

Last edited:
Brett Stewart
Michael Robertson - Bought
Steven Bell - Bought*
Steve Matai - Bought
David Williams - Bought
Jamie Lyon - Bought*
Matt Orford - Bought*
Brent Kite - Bought*
Matt Ballin - Bought
Josh Perry - Bought*
Anthony Watmough
Glen Hall - Bought
Glenn Stewart
Heath L'Estrange - Bought
Mark Bryant - Bought
Jason King
Steve Menzies

For your reference here is the 2008 team that had the Manly culture. Make of it what you will however I think to much is made about buying players and club cultures. Cultures will change from team to team. Its about having a good culture and one that makes you want to play for each other. Nothing stays the same.
The players marked with * are what could be considered as marquee signings and there is quite a few in that team.
THIS LIST IS OUTRAGEOUS! WILLIAMS CAME IN A SWAP FOR MICHAEL BANI! FAKE NEWS!!!

THIS LIST IS OUTRAGEOUS! WILLIAMS CAME IN A SWAP FOR MICHAEL BANI! FAKE NEWS!!!
The Stewarts were fron the Gong too.

Wolfie came to us from Parra NYC at the start of 2008.:inlove:

Manly swapped Bani for Farrar,not Wolfie :shake:

2008 side were all bought then polished up for their silverware :trophy:

Pearce would be of value, especially with his added motivation to outshine the Rorter's halves :happy:

Last edited:
most debut with us especially the core group
Yes most of that team were developed by us with a couple of big names thrown in when we could.
You make some good points in your original post Des I see where you are coming from.
I rate Pearce highly at club level and if he could kick goals it would be a definite yes.
We need someone who can do that.

No disrespect man but rugby league is a results driven business . Im one of the biggest Pearce critics there is and really can't stand the bloke, but im also a realist and that tells me if we snagged him it could go along way to pushing for the title , maybe more so with the Thompson signing. Lets face it the bastard at club level can play and is always in the top 3 of the roosters best week in week out. Cringe to say it but id be pretty excited about it .

A player of Pearce's skill would take a lot of pressure off DCE. The question is, is he suited to 5/8 and would we expect good service to our outstanding backs, like Green gives. If so, he has more skills in his tool kit than Green and would be invaluable in a maroon and white guernsey

No disrespect man but rugby league is a results driven business . Im one of the biggest Pearce critics there is and really can't stand the bloke, but im also a realist and that tells me if we snagged him it could go along way to pushing for the title , maybe more so with the Thompson signing. Lets face it the bastard at club level can play and is always in the top 3 of the roosters best week in week out. Cringe to say it but id be pretty excited about it .
If Thompson came as well I suppose it would ease the pain because he is better than winterStein.

Pearce would be of value, especially with his added motivation to outshine the Rorter's halves :happy:
Oh **** he did too. Think Wolfies bro was playing for the Cows at the time. Wrong cub...

A player of Pearce's skill would take a lot of pressure off DCE. The question is, is he suited to 5/8 and would we expect good service to our outstanding backs, like Green gives. If so, he has more skills in his tool kit than Green and would be invaluable in a maroon and white guernsey
if he came he would goto 7 as dce played the 6 all year anyways. green imo would be invaluable to the younger players the way he prepares and carries himself he's a good family man and seems like a top bloke. iv meet Pearce at chatswood he's a weird one his ex is also a fried puppy

all bought wtf mate enough your a parra fan go back to the doldrums eels house slitheren.. All bought fmd get this guy a doctor

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7