Us V Roosters Trial Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
After playing every week last year between club and SOO ... and then a trip and playing at the world cup .... DCE needs to play a trial game like George Rose needs another meat pie.

I would say Seibs is far more interested in seeing how Cooper Johns goes at half if DCE does get injured ... just as he knows what Croker brings ... he wants to see how Gordie handles himself against top opposition ..
are you saying he is overworked .

anyways
I was told that last year
and the year before.

and his showings were shortcrust flaky .

New year new beginnings, new pie, i suppose, hope its humble flavoured And tastes better than recent early showings. He needs to be firing round 1 . His standing demands he is ready. Im not suggesting he isnt …….yet

poor georgie porgy and his pies

are you saying he is overworked .

anyways
I was told that last year
and the year before.

and his showings were shortcrust flaky .

New year new beginnings, new pie, i suppose, hope its humble flavoured And tastes better than recent early showings. He needs to be firing round 1 . His standing demands he is ready. Im not suggesting he isnt …….yet

poor georgie porgy and his pies

Please ... and NO ... I am not saying he is overworked .... you write 4729 posts a week micro-analysing DCE's game and bagging the **** out of him ... are you seriously telling me you think he needs to play a trial so we can see how he goes ??

Yeah, i don't want to get too anti Des as he did a lot of great things for the club as player and coach.

But as we have discussed ad nauseam not giving youngsters a sniff was frustrating.
I respect what he did in the past , but ( and sadly ) I think the game may have moved past him a little.

He seemed riveted to “ my way or the highway “ .

Please ... and NO ... I am not saying he is overworked .... you write 4729 posts a week micro-analysing DCE's game and bagging the **** out of him ... are you seriously telling me you think he needs to play a trial so we can see how he goes ??
Our halves have played the grand total of ONE game together. ONE.

I find it a bit off we are the massive underdogs on the betting line… sure they have a stronger squad on paper but I wouldn’t have thought 3 to 1 strong
It is 3 to one based on last years reputations

We change our attitude , Image and we will change our reputation

Our halves have played the grand total of ONE game together. ONE.

But have been training all pre-season together ... generally they are on opposite sides of the field and only actually combine occasionally ... Shu's relationship with Crocker is probably more important ... it will be his job to get Shu the ball when Shu wants it.

Shu's working experience with his 2nd rower, centre, Tommy, and winger are all far more important than any imagined combination with DCE ....

If Des was in charge not a chance GCKT would be our starting 9 in this game. He would be lucky to get 3 minutes at the end of the game.

Finally, we get to see what these kids can do.
Agree but lets see how he operates in the season proper not trial games

Agree but lets see how he operates in the season proper not trial games
Sure - but it's a start. A sniff if you will.

I'm not advocating he play if he's not ready. But to give him a start in a trial against a really good team is probably a lower-risk higher reward situation. If he's not up to it, then take him off and let him develop in the lower grades. If he shows he is up to it, then maybe he gets game time during the NRL season.

If only Des would have given a guy like Weekes 4 games at fullback when the season was done last year. Again, a low-risk high reward situation.

Biggest areas of concern tomorrow night include:
Tupou out jumping Tuipulotu for attacking bombs all night,
Suaallii running rings around Parker,
The Cheese outplaying young Gordie,
And Tedesco showing his class over an inexperienced Weekes.
BUT...
If Koula reuturns serve against Allen, Garrick does a number on Paulo, Johns keeps a cool, collected kicking game in order, matching the rocks and diamonds Walker, Schuster tears them a new one on that left side, Jake keeps Radley honest, Keppie goes toe to toe with Lodge, and Paseka powers through Collins (who hasn't played footy in a long time),
THEN I believe our bench has the superior x-factor to break it open for us.

Go Manly! Pumped AF...

But have been training all pre-season together ... generally they are on opposite sides of the field and only actually combine occasionally ... Shu's relationship with Crocker is probably more important ... it will be his job to get Shu the ball when Shu wants it.

Shu's working experience with his 2nd rower, centre, Tommy, and winger are all far more important than any imagined combination with DCE ....
So you're saying that Seibs has a better knowledge of the game than me? Harrumph!

That sir is a **** tonne of perspective if i can borrow a line from 2022
I have been a member since 2010 and only posted 4546 for starters

what i said was considering his early season form from the last 2 seasons , the footy stuff you ignored completely , i was surprised he didnt get a run.

DCE fitness is never an issue, but we have spent 3 months talking, voting , about our new structures being the silver bullett savior, and our general who runs the system, a player known to wing it, could benefit from some actual game time with it. . I suppose i just went pessimist for a bit. Changed my vot3 a few days ago anyway, because my gut tells me we have a better structure but cattle that may struggle with 5he shackles.

if i gave a fig i could probably find the same conversations about DCE having it sorted Early season,,before he underwhelmed For the last few years, history repeated itself Already, im just the microanalysing guy that reminds people . Sorry

though it was relevant ,

looking forward to when he retires though. with all the spare time ill have i might publish my memoirs

is george rose really on a pie diet,
grain of salt @Woodsie

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4