Us V Roosters Trial Thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I am hoping it is because Seibs just wants a monster pack with grunt in the middle ... fukk fancy pants #13's ... give me grunt any time .. it may well signal that we intend to contest dominance up the middle ..
To be honest , I hadn’t thought of it like that , but now you mention it , who knows ??

You gotta say our defence last year was as soft as a duck down doona at times.

So ANY improvement will be great

@BOZO you're over the top!...
But in this instance, omg... just how good were these two!!!

The Great Premiership winning Matai and Lyon where Good because they played over the top of their opposition feathered Friend

Just like Premiership Winning Eagles fly over the top of the other teams on the Premiership Ladder

He’ll just play like an extra prop. For me it hints at the style we’ll play this year. Not every team has a ball playing lock that combines with the halves, some opt for an extra front rower.

Storm, Raiders, Eels are examples.
Fair point but Raiders Tapine is S O O level and quite mobile . Half Nelson for the Storm at 13 , a bit of an exception and think that the Eels still normally or usually have a relatively agile 13 even if they are on the bigger size . Josh Mc Guire has obviously played quite a bit as a 13 now and a prop convert but hardly noted for his general mobility or game awareness which i think is still important there , But again ,a couple of precedences . Still prefer a Manly 13 and if available not so one dimensional . Obvious limitations for Jake there and can 't see much difference with Keppie but let "s see how he goes there . Saddler played well as a 13 at Blacktown until injury sadly intervened , Sam Fainu and Zac Fulton or maybe Schuster down the track , probably the next best options now but obviously need a bit more experience at a higher level

Keppie does usually have a good tackling technique when he can find his mark but prone to the odd miss too and which will probably be more pronounced in more open play . A few different types of playing 13 styles around but the Yeo , Murray , Radley ,Taumalolo Carrigan modes of play is or seems the way to go or players who can offer something closer or similar there and be consistent there for big minutes both in attack and defence .

But can Keppie play 80 minutes ( not talking the trial )??
Obviously not as demanding as a prop role but with most of his career geared playing there [ prop ] and with his type of built and playing style , probably a big ask [ well anytime soon ] to go the full 80 in any forward position .

Keppie at lock will be interesting. The modern lock needs plenty of speed and to be a very hard working defender. IMO Keppie needed to work on his hands and his lateral movement in defence and maybe he has addressed those issues during the off season. Looking forward to see how he goes. Whilst a win is always preferable I'm really hoping our defence is good for the whole 80 minutes.

Keppie at lock will be interesting. The modern lock needs plenty of speed and to be a very hard working defender. IMO Keppie needed to work on his hands and his lateral movement in defence and maybe he has addressed those issues during the off season. Looking forward to see how he goes. Whilst a win is always preferable I'm really hoping our defence is good for the whole 80 minutes.
Keppie is just warming up Zac Fultons lock spot

Quite an air of confidence on the Chooks forum site, lot saying we'll get flogged and we should do them by 40 etc, only one saying Manly aren't as bad as what the experts are making out.

Quite an air of confidence on the Chooks forum site, lot saying we'll get flogged and we should do them by 40 etc, only one saying Manly aren't as bad as what the experts are making out.
The Roosters fans are predicting a flogging because of the Rabble that we were last season

This season the resilient Manly spirit is back as it was displayed in last weeks gritty win

Last edited:
Robinson is a smart coach and he will have his side up for it. I hope we are a much harder side to beat this year. Defence defence and more defence. Come on boys!

Robinson is a smart coach and he will have his side up for it. I hope we are a much harder side to beat this year. Defence defence and more defence. Come on boys!
Defence may be a key factor but you still need to out score the opposition to win

Unfortunately GCKT is a development player meaning he can't play first grade until round 11. Would love to see him get promoted to top 30 though if he has another blinder
Good see a Lady on here that puts some common sense on our forum

Keep It up Ella !

Unfortunately GCKT is a development player meaning he can't play first grade until round 11. Would love to see him get promoted to top 30 though if he has another blinder
I thought he may have been promoted to 30? Its so hard to find a correct list.. although i believe they can still change it till round 1?

Not sure on Croker. I get why Tommy and DCE are 'rested' due to injury and age.. not sure on Croker? maybe due to the amount of work that he puts in and they just want to see more of Gordy.

We will see if hes carrying an injury. I hope he Gordy will be fast tracked into the 30. Hes a better player than some of those in it..

I thought he may have been promoted to 30? Its so hard to find a correct list.. although i believe they can still change it till round 1?

Not sure on Croker. I get why Tommy and DCE are 'rested' due to injury and age.. not sure on Croker? maybe due to the amount of work that he puts in and they just want to see more of Gordy.

We will see if hes carrying an injury. I hope he Gordy will be fast tracked into the 30. Hes a better player than some of those in it..

I'm going off the NRL here one which claims to be the 'official' squad - but yes it can still change so would love to see him there!

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 4.37.58 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-15 at 4.37.58 pm.png
    5.7 KB · Views: 17

Seibold just on 2mmm said that DCE, Tom & croker will all play round 1. Just giving other players the opportunity to play key positions. In case of injury during the season.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4