URGENT READ:- RE: BROOKY UPGRADE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Guys - The Manly Daily just contacted me re: a story regarding a petition for the upgrade of Brooky Oval. I know there are a heap of people thinking it would be fantastic if we could get a petition going the fans could sign at our home games. We could potentially get travelling fans to take part as well.

The Daily asked if some of you guys could phone them on 02 9977 3333 (ask for The Sports Department). They are hoping a few of you could head down with your ideas, and take a few snaps.

We'd probably need support from the club to allow this to occur, and I'm hoping a few people may put their hands up to assist with the signeage (maybe the club offer a free ticket or two for those that take part) @ the home games.

Please advise.

PS: Just had a good chat with Grant Mayer - have to say - he's a very, very passionate bloke !!!

It doesn't really affect me because i don't get to brookvale very much at all but i quite liked the idea (mata's i think) of the big shadecloth of whatever over the existing hill

Nutz - not shade cloth. I was thinking an actual roof over the Hill area so rain can be kept out. Grass growth could be an issue under cover but there are plenty of shade tolerant varieties going around - Sir Walter soft leaf buffalo being the pick and it would thrive in those conditions and it is also non-allergenic!

I'm obviously not much use to the Manly Daily, but I would suggest they publish a petition in their paper (a centre spread perhaps) on the Saturday of our next home game to facilitate a petitions process. If the fans ask them to do this they can say it is fan driven.

But as I have said in the other thread, it is too little, too late as regards State funding. Best the heat be turned up on Tony Abbot and his Federal counterparts in an election year. If they make a commitment and say they expect "dollar for dollar" matching from the State, the middle tier will be painted into a corner.

Great idea Mata.
They wanted to put my head in the paper !!! :lol: Could you just imagine.
It would become a pin up calender edition.
At least they are now looking for good looking, corporate, with a touch of sexy type to sell their brand... :yeah:

Mannnnnn......Vogue will be in touch next ! ;) Or maybe Vague.....hehehehehe

[quote author=Ryan]
Great idea Mata.

They'd need a pretty good zoom lens!

[/quote]

Of all people.....YOU'R the one that had to say it? :lol:

[quote author=Matabele]
[quote author=Ryan]
Great idea Mata.

They'd need a pretty good zoom lens!

[/quote]

Of all people.....YOU'R the one that had to say it? :lol:

[/quote]

Wide angle for me pal.

Brick (censored) house !!! I wouldn't want to cop a hit from Mata - but I'm pretty sure I could out pace the bloke !!! So run him silly.....then donkey punch him when he's not looking....never keep a fair fight fair.

Nutz - not shade cloth. I was thinking an actual roof over the Hill area so rain can be kept out. Grass growth could be an issue under cover but there are plenty of shade tolerant varieties going around - Sir Walter soft leaf buffalo being the pick and it would thrive in those conditions and it is also non-allergenic!

I'm obviously not much use to the Manly Daily, but I would suggest they publish a petition in their paper (a centre spread perhaps) on the Saturday of our next home game to facilitate a petitions process. If the fans ask them to do this they can say it is fan driven.

But as I have said in the other thread, it is too little, too late as regards State funding. Best the heat be turned up on Tony Abbot and his Federal counterparts in an election year. If they make a commitment and say they expect \"dollar for dollar\" matching from the State, the middle tier will be painted into a corner.

A shade liking grass would be better however being that the hill is on the eastern side there will be plenty of sunshine during summer and early autumn to keep it happy. A rain collection tank would be a must in order to water it though

Are we all going to rescue brookie oval now, jump in with our ideas how to run the club and decide on the playing roster

same ol same old

keyboard heroes without the bravado

Are we all going to rescue brookie oval now, jump in with our ideas how to run the club and decide on the playing roster

same ol same old

keyboard heroes without the bravado

I must admit I'm looking on with a certain bemused detatchment. Maybe I should not go into great detail of my thoughts but I fear we are trying to urinate into the full force of cyclone Larry.

I love lamp!!!!

look all I am saying is the football is so much more enjoyable when you take the politics out of it. Fine discuss it but dont be disgruntled when none of your ideas or best thought plans get ignored.

I have a suggestion for all. Try just watching the footy this week and remove the politics from it.

LOUD NOISES!!!!

i will be out there tomorrow watching the footy and feeling ripped off by the ref like usual

yeah well let me reword it.

Dont be disgruntled whan ALL your plans are ignored

I'm here UP, just dont get the chance to get on as much as I would like. Good to be remembered though ;)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4