• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sign Uate for 1 year. Give Uate 1-5 rounds and if he doesn't perform well drop him to NSW cup and bring in Matthew Wright or Williame. If desperate sign someone young like Johny Tuivasa or Brian Kelly.

Sign Uate for 1 year. Give Uate 1-5 rounds and if he doesn't perform well drop him to NSW cup and bring in Matthew Wright or Williame. If desperate sign someone young like Johny Tuivasa or Brian Kelly.
You'd like to think that he can return to his best with the players we have around him, even Darius Boyd looked bad at the Knights as does Dane Gagai... Yet if he doesn't perform then I agree, but bring up Parker or Jonothan Wright before we even get close to bringing Brayden Williame in the side, Matt Wright had a few decent games in him at least but still below Parker and Wright.

Could you imagine the reaction if Taufua did this?

I know they are just two examples but I don't think $250k per season is a good rate at all. Certainly not worth swapping some of our best players for.

Checking out the knights' forum they generally seem pretty happy to swap either BJ or Buhrer for uate, not only for their playing abilities but for the type of people they are.

None of the ones that want to keep uate want him anywhere near first grade. They call him a Knights legend however are only happy to pay him half a mil to stay in reggies. Most of them would be happy for the knights to pay $400k of his $500k salary just to get rid of him so they can spend the $100k on someone who actually wants to play, who isn't a defensive liability or penalty magnet.

Maybe someone should send bozo & barrett a link to the knights forum

You'd like to think that he can return to his best with the players we have around him, even Darius Boyd looked bad at the Knights as does Dane Gagai... Yet if he doesn't perform then I agree, but bring up Parker or Jonothan Wright before we even get close to bringing Brayden Williame in the side, Matt Wright had a few decent games in him at least but still below Parker and Wright.
Yep, only 1-2 players have looked half decent at Newy over the last 3-4 years. Darius was in terrible form and the broncos crowd were furious when he was signed. Willaime should never don the Manly jersey EVER again. Worst player in recent history.

lol how quickly you forget James Hasson
I guess the difference is that Hasson was just totally ineffective. Couldn't make metres and was a passenger out there but he didn't cost us points (directly). Williame makes terrible decisions in defence and IMO totally lacks the class required for 1st grade. I will never forget when he cost us 18 points in less than 10 mins vs Canberra this year. That crap ball to Turbo that was called forward (rightly), the shirt grab on Leilua and then he raced up out of the line and created an overlap for them. I cringe at the thought of seeing him play again. Cringe!!!

I heard we are only paying Uate 100k from my Knights mate if that is the case then it's a bargain.

It is $100k we could spend on a younger, more enthusiastic player who may turn out ok. Totally wasted money on a player past his best, injury prone with a bad attitude

I heard we are only paying Uate 100k from my Knights mate if that is the case then it's a bargain.

If it's $100k for 1 years it's a bargain , if he works it's genius , if he doesn't it's no big deal BUT I'm not keen on losing either player to facilitate this!

I hope it's only a one year contract.. Screw paying him top dollar after Newcastle stop chipping in

I like Wright at winger too. Safe dependable. Parker will be a good centre one day. He has all the talent and skill and speed and is obviously a slow maturer. There are twelve year old Polynesian kids who are further along the reproductive line than Parker but the fact the kids had to play against them means when he fills out in two years he will be a gun. Let's face it the way this club is run now they're not keeping any promising youngsters around to fill in the outside backs. What happened to satini ramen Havaka Goodall? How does almost every other club have a fast talented youngster to play wing for a couple of seasons til his value goes up and not us?!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6