• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Are you saying we'll finish higher than bottom 4 or lower than bottom 4?

Haha, I think I have said too much....lol.

But in a round about way, was really just wondering how many people here actually feel confident enough with the team and coach we have right now to say that we will definitely not finish in the bottom four next year.

Haha, I think I have said too much....lol.

But in a round about way, was really just wondering how many people here actually feel confident enough with the team and coach we have right now to say that we will definitely not finish in the bottom four next year.
For me I think that either we finish top 5 but if all doesn't work out we could very well finish 10-12, I feel injuries won't be a big part of 2017 but you never know, the football gods haven't been our friends of late. The side we've got are capable of top 4 but it's whether they bind together or play as individuals, luckily I feel the halves pairing of Green and Dce will allow the team to become one rather than that of 17 although things can always get in the way. Hopefully 2017 is the a year with a lack of injuries and a year filled with success, of which we will be able to rub into the Eel's faces and will be able to add that bit of salt to the Shark's wounds after they fall yet again this season.

For me I think that either we finish top 5 but if all doesn't work out we could very well finish 10-12, I feel injuries won't be a big part of 2017 but you never know, the football gods haven't been our friends of late. The side we've got are capable of top 4 but it's whether they bind together or play as individuals, luckily I feel the halves pairing of Green and Dce will allow the team to become one rather than that of 17 although things can always get in the way. Hopefully 2017 is the a year with a lack of injuries and a year filled with success, of which we will be able to rub into the Eel's faces and will be able to add that bit of salt to the Shark's wounds after they fall yet again this season.

When more was expected of Green at his 6 other clubs in 8 years (we will be his 7th in 9), he.wound up in reserve grade. That's why at the age of 30, he's played less than 100 games.

He won't have Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon and maybe Jamie Buhrer to help him here.

Think Wright, Wiliame, Brown and others. Going to be VERY interesting.

When more was expected of Green at his 6 other clubs in 8 years (we will be his 7th in 9), he.wound up in reserve grade. That's why at the age of 30, he's played less than 100 games.

He won't have Brett Stewart, Jamie Lyon and maybe Jamie Buhrer to help him here.

Wright, Williame and Brown won't be in the starting side as long as we don't lose too many players, brown more often then the other two. Yet you just need to focus on Green, he is a very underrated player, I say it every time i mention him, trust me you will be pleasantly surprised. He has improved since moving to England although he was poor beforehand. Don't worry just have faith in this one signing, he will be 30, but he will be a very good signing, very, very little doubt with him.

But your stats in the self indicate a decline each year. If you expect uate to come to Manly and magically re-aquire his 2010/2011 form I honestly believe you are going to be disappointed.
If you look at stats with that optimism then why hasn't Snake been snapped up by a few other teams. Because the past is the past and only a miracle will bring these players back to their previous form (and I don't believe in miracles)
Uate is 28 & still fit, Snake is 32, has a history of injury & has slowed considerably that's why.............

Put Uate in the Storm side & they're guaranteed Premiers! Newcastle don't want him coz he's sick of them & the team! Maybe he didn't score many tries because he was injured & playing in a team that couldn't attack!! Have a look how many tries he's scored previously!!
2010 - 21 tries / 24 matches (Dally M Winger of the Year)
2011 - 20 tries / 23 matches (International Winger of the Year & Dally M)
2012 - 18 tries / 22 matches (Dally M Winger of the Year)
2013 - 15 tries / 24 matches
2014 - 12 tries / 15 matches
2015 - 12 tries 20 matches
2016 - injury riddled & sh%t team!
110 tries / 161 matches!!! Pretty good to me.
I for one would be happy to see him in our colors!
Do we get the disclaimer that "past performance is no guarantee of future performance"......

Can't see this on another thread - but interesting that the old Phantom Siren ( yes I know ) on the radio this morning reported that Anthony Tupou from the Roosters would be partnering Uate at Manly next year.

I know Tupou has his critics but he has ability and he did go a long way to costing us a grand final in 2013 when he terrorised David Williams.

An interesting one.

Certainly prefer him to Uate anyway.

Can't see this on another thread - but interesting that the old Phantom Siren ( yes I know ) on the radio this morning reported that Anthony Tupou from the Roosters would be partnering Uate at Manly next year.

I know Tupou has his critics but he has ability and he did go a long way to costing us a grand final in 2013 when he terrorised David Williams.

An interesting one.

If true, will that mean Jorge will be tried as a forward?
Also, it would mean Brad Parker should be used as a centre.

An interesting one.

Tupou can catch bombs, but isn't as good a runner as Jorge. Maybe there is some sort of Dr Frankenstein experiment about to take place?

Mate, I'm famous throughout my whole house as being Keen. But some of us old heads want to deal with, and appraise our team as it stands in reality.

Can't see the sense in making up endless teams made up of players who don't even play for us ...... maybe to accommodate the both of us you should start a separate thread called "the 2017 fantasy team"
Yep, it's turning into comedy corner, and infiltrates nearly every thread. Good point, start ONE thread ffs

Man, why are you ripping Green so much? He is performing well and has grown as a player during those years you mention. Very good between the ears also. He is just the right signing (of players actually available) to get us performing as an NRL team again. That way DCE can do his headless chook impersonations, and who knows, some of them may pay dividends.
Embrace him Ryan, for he is now though art Manly! You will learn to like him once he don's the hoops

An interesting one.

Anthony Topou from the rorters you say .... I 'm thinking he plays for the Wakefield Widcats in the ESL
maybe he means Daniel

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8