• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Watched his highlight reel, surely he'll regain that form playing next to good players... Hopefully. Set Matai next to him and he'll lift his defensive game and have better attacking chances... Well it worked on rugby league live 3 ;) risky but we have to take that risk over using either Williame or Wright! That's for sure.

We should only accept him if he is cheap, anything more then we go full rage mode on bozo... Again

Anyone but Wright on the wing. I remember in a game later this year. Maybe against Newcastle he saw a gap open up to the try line, ran into it, tripped and fell. His face was priceless afterwards. Looked like he was about to cry because he knows he doesn't have it. Like his aggression though.

Would be happy to give Uate a chance. With his experience is a good short term filler for a couple of years on the wing. Would prefer Maranta as he is only 24 and a solid finisher but apparently going to Rugby.

Does anyone rate Oldfield? Guy is solid, fast, good finisher and doesn't make mistakes. Would much prefer him on the wing over Wright and Williame. Williams is a solid centre but def not a winger imo.
Another one who can't tackle or catch

Its a master stroke tactic. Teams will forget about running through manly's flimsy defence and try to bomb all day. Bombs are often 50/50 chances of a try. Far less chance than if the opposition runs it.

Our back 3 is going to have no trouble getting out of our own end. Uate, Taufua and Tom possibly the best back 3 for gaining metres in the game if they all find form, we know Tom will and Uate has a point to prove and Taufua was amazing with a dodgy shoulder this year.

I'm starting to thank Uate will come to manly and become a beast again, he will have a quality team around him also.
He is not going to Melbourne under supercoach Bellamy. Even Bellamy doesn't want him. He is **** fullstop. Spend the $$$$ on some younger players. Watched all his cup games and you would think he would want to play well so another team picks him up. He was so bad he was lucky to make the starting side for cup. He is fat, lazy and still can't catch or tackle. Zorba would beat him in a race now

He is not going to Melbourne under supercoach Bellamy. Even Bellamy doesn't want him. He is **** fullstop. Spend the $$$$ on some younger players. Watched all his cup games and you would think he would want to play well so another team picks him up. He was so bad he was lucky to make the starting side for cup. He is fat, lazy and still can't catch or tackle. Zorba would beat him in a race now
You'd be surprised what a simple change of club can do for a player, maybe Uate needs a new start at a new club. Lussick was struggling at parra last year, came to manly and re discovered his love for footy.

I can't believe this. We're signing blokes that Newcastle aren't selecting. We're signing almost 30 year old halves that the storm don't want to re-sign. People don't leave the storm and become better players. You can tell we've got a nsw selector in charge of our club.

I can't believe this. We're signing blokes that Newcastle aren't selecting. We're signing almost 30 year old halves that the storm don't want to re-sign. People don't leave the storm and become better players. You can tell we've got a nsw selector in charge of our club.

Or no one else is interested in coming ?

You'd be surprised what a simple change of club can do for a player, maybe Uate needs a new start at a new club. Lussick was struggling at parra last year, came to manly and re discovered his love for footy.

Its a bit different playing on the wing he has to be up to it, speed, catching, defence etc and why the club keeps buying old players is beyond me. Not one other club is interested in him, but we keep getting the has beens. Bloody joke. It won't help the club get good sponsors either when none of the grades can make the finals. Disappointing what's happening to this once great club. The whole lot needs to go and have a new ONE owner like Crowe who loves his footy, who has no associates at the club, no boys club etc and let him run it his way and focus on youth

I think some of these signings are stopgaps to allow us to have a decent side until the end of 2017 when the salary cap goes up and a ton of players will be off contract.

Possibly, but in that case I would consider using any available cap space to front end load some contracts instead.

prefer to look at more game time for Brad Parker

Yep he had his chances and I never rated him. U want more than mildly solid on the wing.. We've been spoilt with some gooduns over the years. These days u want rock star wingers that put bums on seats and create a buzz when they're given the ball imo

Possibly, but in that case I would consider using any available cap space to front end load some contracts instead.
$250k isn't too bad. I'd rather have a first grade capable winger so that players like Wiliame and Parker are depth rather than first choice. We're only a couple more signings and a better run with injuries away from being a serious premiership contender next year.

Our recruitment is obviously not improving, Uate is a rubbish signing.., Green is o.k.....for someone turning 30 soon......!
And so it seems highly likely that our on field performance will also not improve.

Can not tell me otherwise at this stage. Maybe we can get Beaver back, he is a legend after all and has grand final experience and at least he is Manly man. See the thing is you can put spin on anything, but the reality is what is in front of you. We need a decent prop/forward, winger and centre. Not senior citizens looking for a final pay day or has beens that will never be again.

A winger like Suliasi Vuniva is very different to Williame or Uate for example. And so it reflects in team performance, not that hard to understand really.

Anyway seriously, we will be very fortunate not to get the wooden spoon in 2017.

Last edited:
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6