Twenty on FOX

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It would not surprise me if this was not a scheduled press conference (well before all this broke)

If that was the case you can understand the tough position the club is in re who attends and what is said

Barrett fronts the press before the Captain's run each week - I believe it is a must for all coaches in the lead up to game day. So he was always going to front the press at this time - it just so happened that things have blown up this week. Completely agree with earlier sentiment though, Gorman should have been there.

When you think we have hit the bottom the club just has surprise after surprise up their sleeve we are the joke of the nrl (but Baz assured us they care about us fans lol). We are fighting for the spoon but we have already been crowned bush league premiers.

No, sadly it was ordered by Manly to stop people asking them for comment :swear:

Gorman's reputation as a CEO is crumbling in plain view :confused:

His 3 week holiday to set his family up in the UK, seems to have been straight after receiving Baz's breach notice #Priorities :mad:
He wasn’t on holiday. If my son got trials with English football clubs I’d want to be there to support him. And you can’t exacty put them off.

I actually don’t mind what Gorman has said. It’s the media that’s the problem. He clearly can’t make a statement without risking the club being sued. And yeh that’s frustrating for fans but I’d rather this situation than the club having another hand tied behind its back because they made a stupid statement and it cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars. The football department cap starts next year. Don’t want extra coach payouts tieing that up

It wouldn't be a suprise to me that the Penns have promised something in Barretts contract, that will benefit the players, and enhance Trent's ability to coach them. The Penns haven't come to the party in this agreement. Once this has been sorted out, Barrett will be happy again and continue his coaching career with us. Reading between the lines, Barrett is doing his best for the players welfare, and the Penns have let the side down, with promises that have not come to fruition. It seems Barrett is flexing his muscles to bring the Penns in alignment with their agreement. At the end of the day, the Penns will have to come to the party, or be prepared to pay Barrett out for the balance of his contract. Apparently, Barrett had a big fallout with Fulton, so there is more to this than we know. But the Penns will not pay out Barrett the million dollars left on his contract till the end of 2020, and let him walk.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/fa...rrett-wants-out-of-manly-20180815-p4zxno.html

Keep in mind, Manly has no recruitment manager, or director of football, which no doubtedly was promised to support him in his contract.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/r...s/news-story/2d3e3a8d12426119cc8ded189b6b96b8

Last edited:
He wasn’t on holiday. If my son got trials with English football clubs I’d want to be there to support him. And you can’t exacty put them off.

I actually don’t mind what Gorman has said. It’s the media that’s the problem. He clearly can’t make a statement without risking the club being sued. And yeh that’s frustrating for fans but I’d rather this situation than the club having another hand tied behind its back because they made a stupid statement and it cost them hundreds of thousands of dollars. The football department cap starts next year. Don’t want extra coach payouts tieing that up

Of course its a holiday/annual leave - whatever you want to call it.

And just like the rest of us he would need approval from his superiors, which he obviously got. Makes no difference if he was at a wedding, sunning himself on the Gold Coast or in Pommyland with his son.

I see no issue in having approved leave, but its annual leave no matter how you look at it.

The club should issue a statement today to clarify things
Official Club Statement:
Dear valued members and fans. We are making a statement to clarify that we can't make any more statements until we have more clarification.@:D

Interesting that he seems to have given the club the chance to make it right before he formally quits. I sure hope that the club does fix the issues that they've had or we won't be seeing any success for a while.

Interesting that he seems to have given the club the chance to make it right before he formally quits. I sure hope that the club does fix the issues that they've had or we won't be seeing any success for a while.
Big problem is Baz giving the 12 month notice in July.

What if Manly take till next May to meet the promised resources?

Or they let him work off the year and we are left with a new coach taking over mid season.

The whole thing is a distraction from actual footy for potentially another season :confused:

Unless clear communication explains Barrett's issues I'm now firmly in the camp that he should move on. We all know he's had a tough year but his communication with Gould and Gould's media presence publicly and repeatedly bagging our club has been a big mistake that he can't take back.
We all need advice from mates outside of our workplace but when that mate is a blabber-mouth, know it all, egomaniac that puts down a rival club on national television on countless occasions, this is untenable.
From Baz'z point of view he mightn't have people at Manly to provide this kind of support for him so they need to sort it out.
If he turns around and says he's saying communicating with Gould about Manly needs to be banned.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/fa...rrett-wants-out-of-manly-20180815-p4zxno.html

Info re Beavis, Gould, bozo.

I don’t think the club is at much fault here.
Interesting read there about Bozo

I heard Fatty on MMM with MG last night and he said that Bozo would "never have anything to do with the club again" - wasn't really clear if that was Bozo's decision or the clubs.

http://player.triplem.com.au/sydney/#/shows/The Rush Hour with MG/

Fatty starts about 3mins 30sec in

In short he wants a pay out to leave - Club is saying you resigned you walk with what you got

image.jpeg

I think this pretty much sums up the press conference.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10