Twenty on FOX

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

simon64

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Barrett is about to be interviewed live on FOX.

Ch 500 in about 5.

Reports are he has officially tendered his resignation.

He did say that it has nothing to do with facilities - gym, Narrabeen etc is not an issue at all.

As I mentioned in another thread - either they are trying to put in place what he wants or a payout for breach of contract.

He also mentioned he hopes it can be sorted either later today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Whew, Baz likes the gym and agrees it was rebuilt when he got here :whew:

Baz is giving Manly a chance to address his concerns and will answer all questions when Manly give him the go ahead :nerd:

That was 10 minutes I'll never get back.

A press conference to inform everyone that he can't say anything. All I got is that if he wants the job next year, it's his. But he doesn't.

He's 100% gone so we can move on now.

But where the hell is Gorman ? HE should have been the one out there this morning. If I was Twenty, I'd be pissed too.

It was awesome!

Got a whole bunch of Journos to drive through peak hour traffic...just to say that he'll hopefully be able to tell them more in a few days!

lol. If they're going to keep making stuff up, may as well make them work for their boozy friday arvo binges!

As said above, clarified that journos (and Silvertailers) who keep saying he doesn't like the facilities is incorrect.

So basically the same as a month or few months ago. Fix up the personnel and we'll be sweet!

I was hoping that the microphones would pick up something juicy as they were left on when everything was done. I did see 2 journos ask something of a blonde guy in a Manly shirt but only heard "Mate if I knew..." Then it appeared one journo handed something to the Manly guy (card perhaps?)

Anyway, conference went as expected for me.

woohoohoo

That was 10 minutes I'll never get back.

A press conference to inform everyone that he can't say anything. All I got is that if he wants the job next year, it's his. But he doesn't.

He's 100% gone so we can move on now.

But where the hell is Gorman ? HE should have been the one out there this morning. If I was Twenty, I'd be pissed too.

He has a job to do to prepare for tmrw night's game, that was not needed and is poor form from Manly to call that press conference and put him in front of the rabid media to say 'I can't say anything now due to legal reasons'. I do agree with him though that the players should not be blamed and the fans should turn up for them.

Regardless of which side of the fence you stand on regarding Barrett’s coaching abilities the situation is now untenable.

There is no way Manly fans and members should have to go into next season with a coach under extreme pressure to perform, who has not only an extremely ordinary coaching record but a totally fractured relationship with the club that has reached the stage of pending legal action.

It simply couldn’t work regardless of who is at fault. I assume he’s gone but who knows with this mess. Nothing would surprise me.

A fresh page is the only answer. That 10 minutes was painful to watch.

Last edited:
It as I mentioned in another thread - either they are trying to put in place what he wants or a payout for breach of contract.

This is exactly what it's about, more so a payout imo and he will only stay in 2019 if the club refuses to pay him out.

It would not surprise me if this was not a scheduled press conference (well before all this broke)

If that was the case you can understand the tough position the club is in re who attends and what is said

It would not surprise me if this was not a scheduled press conference (well before all this broke)

If that was the case you can understand the tough position the club is in re who attends and what is said
No, sadly it was ordered by Manly at 4:20pm yesterday to stop people asking them for comment :swear:

Gorman's reputation as a CEO is crumbling in plain view :confused:

His 3 week holiday to set his family up in the UK, seems to have been straight after receiving Baz's breach notice #Priorities :mad:

Last edited:

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9