[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
Does anyone else feel like the rumour he did it weeks ago may have some merit? And this is somewhat of a cover up? Or is my imagination too large?
The mate that told me he had injured his hammy asked me two weeks ago what was going on with the team.

I told him there were rumours that Tom had injured his hammy and this Saturday he confirmed it.

He found out some time last week.

Does anyone else feel like the rumour he did it weeks ago may have some merit? And this is somewhat of a cover up? Or is my imagination too large?
No. I think you are correct. The injury is serious and this is one way of trying to lessen its impact on membership. "A freak accident".... Yeah, I'm hearing that being used more and more by clubs.
At least I will now know who to tip in the first few rounds.

Not sure about moving on but his asking rate has to have dropped by at least $500K or 50%. How can he command this with his unreliabile body?

He could return to this value but not until he has a full season of non-hamstring injuries in my opinion for the benefit of the whole squad and cap.

I think he has now exceeded Snake's dodgy-knees imnpact on the team's performance and salary cap.

Tough game is NRL.
He is on 1.1 for the next 5 seasons, get used to this frustration.

Unfortunately he will never see a full season on the field, might be time to find a new fullback and use Tom as a bench player.
His next contact will have to be reduced massively, as much as I would love him to be our fullback and playing a full season realistically it won’t be happening.

Turbo strikes me as one of the most accident prone players since Moe, Larry and Curly (with Shemp as a reserve) covered the back three for the Columbia Condors in the old Hollywood rugby league competition, back in the 30s and 40s.

23868146-6B04-46CB-BA76-CCF8671F8608.jpeg

I'm just angry so...'rant'

But we've been asked all last year and this year to "pay more - and get less" for the good of the club, which I've been happy to do, but when does a player get asked to "take less until you play more"?

Ans is obv never... some may say contract renewal time but I'm sceptical.

This is way worse than the Tigers letting Tedesco go because of his knees as the rorters have gotten great years from Teddy.

@Woodsie started a thread about rating props. And the game asks them to run flat out at brick walls, then become a brick wall themselves. If so at least give them a reason to do so.
Seems like they've been asking to run themselves injured only to look around and see a spine either over the hill, over in the court house, over in a different position to what they are used to, or over in the rehab tent.
fmd, there's so much rotten atm the moment that it makes Denmark smell like roses.

/rant

I wish him well for a speedy recovery.
edit: His hammy seemed fine in the lower grades when he wasn't paid all that much. Maybe that's the secret.

Also he's had every expert in the universe help him out so I'll suggest....
"dunno mate, you tried stretching them?"

Schuster could play fullback IMO
Running the ball back & in general attack, I think he would go well. Don't know about positional play in defence.

I am sure any young player who fills in for Turbo will be very keen to show their worth to the team.

We all know he won't be back after Round 4 will be more Round 6-7 at best because we know this team.

If the season is already going to be punted as he's the link to everything we do. Then why don't we just roll the dice and develop Koula or just promote another young gun from Schusters class? Weekes?

The band-aid method was tried last year and it exploded horribly in everyone's face.

Some hard decisions need to be made about the franchise's future as the rest of the team is too good not to be competitive.

From what I've seen of Funa he's tradesmanlike but no excitement machine ala Elliott. I'd go for some x factor at fullback but knowing Des....

Funa is so average ! My thought's go to The Warriors last game, when we were dominating, until he interjected himself. See from say 57 seconds to 1.11 (DCE is like WTF, and was pissed !)

Sea Eagles full-back Tom Trbojevic to miss start of NRL season​

Authorseaeagles.com.auTimestampMon 22 Feb 2021, 11:08 AM

Manly Warringah Sea Eagles have been dealt a blow to the start of their 2021 season with Tom Trbojevic suffering a hamstring injury.
The injury is the result of an innocuous accident. Scans have revealed a grade two tear to his right hamstring, meaning Trbojevic will be unavailable until at least round four.

“I’m devasted by what’s happened. I will be working hard with the rehab team to get the hamstring right,’’ Trbojevic said.
The right hamstring is a new injury and is not related to previous injuries to his left hamstring.
Oh thats bull****.. time to renegotiate his contract. And jakes as well

Perhaps but I've never seen Saab at Fullback, no sure if he has the all round game for it away from his athleticism.

I also think if Saab is the preferred wing choice then best for him to start and stay in that role

I thought Funa was decent last year......can tuipulotu play fullback?
Funa played there for us last season and was easily the best replacement fb we had. Saab and garrick in the wings with funa out back. Fking great what a crock of **** this is. They say 4 weeks but i think it will be 8. And i think he did it when we first started talking about it and des came out and said no no

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8