[Resurrected] Turbo injury, healthy, injury, healthy, and dancer - updates

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

What round will Turbo return

• Round 5

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 6

Votes: 23 29.9%
  • Round 7

Votes: 8 10.4%
  • Round 8

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 9

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Round 10

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Round 11 or later - too fricken late

Votes: 25 32.5%

• Total voters
It has to be Funa that starts the year at FB.

Saab says that he has never played FB before, and let's face it, he has barely played first grade. He has plenty to prove, let him do it on the wing.

I would be tempted to play Walker at FB depending on what his fitness levels are like.

Just so long as it isn't Garrick.... I am happy for him to be on the wing, just not fullback.

He needs to be medically retired. Either that, or he needs to renegotiate his contract. The club can't afford to keep carrying him for another 6 years
I thought it was only 5!

Look if fit he’s an absolute superstar BUT this is I think the third year in a row now.

Slipping in the bathroom FFS, his hammy’s are clearly absolutely screwed , he probably wouldn’t have lasted the first game even if he’d played.

Did he dead set do it falling in the bathroom?? No jokes??
What chance does he have playing a sport where 100kg blokes tackling him to the ground 10 times a game each week??
Fmd.
Love the bloke but how many seasons will we get hamstrung by his hamstrings

Yeah, let him go now.... let's keep our 1.1m and we will buy 5 or 6 Garricks or Keppies or maybe even Parkers and some other club will swoop in and pick up Turbo and we'll look like fools. He can stay for mine

Can one of you blokes that likes the punt tell us if there was any movement in the betting odds for top 8 ... before and after this announcement ??

Maybe he should cut his salary down a fair bit and re-sign as a centre. Even though this injury isn’t related to playing football, fullback is too important a position to have tied up to so much risk. Let walker go end of this season. Also less pressure on him. For 2021 I don’t trust Funa fully but he is in the running, definitely not Garrick. Maybe Walker. Maybe Tuipulotu

Last edited by a moderator:
Of course, the redeeming feature of this incident is that it occurred in the preseason - much better than if it happened in Round One.

Stay positive fellow Sea Eagles fans and visualize Turbo leading our charge into the finals!

Maybe give Weekes and Koula a run at full back in the trial if you are good enough , you are old enough . Funa is a good kid but unlikely to provide what is needed at the back to get the side to a good competitive level . Have not seen any indication where Saab has previously played at the back

Gutting news for Tommy T and gutting for us fans. After a terrible 2020 there was hope for better things in 2021 and a return to finals footy, now sadly that looks unlikely...

At the end of last season the only player consistently showing improvement, as he learnt about the wiles of NRL, was Tevita Funa.

His side-on defence at the corner post started to remind me of the great Wombat. He was safe in the air, unless someone else "injected themselves" and stuffed it up.

With DCE, he was learning the lines of a true no. 1, which will only get better running off Foran. To me he is the only answer.

As a matter of fact, I was getting annoyed that he had been left out of all team configurations, however having Turbo back helped me accept that circumstance.

Sure, this is a great blow, but I have been around long enough to witness "possible GOATs" fade away because of injuries.

As a kid, one of my favourite Manly wingers was Ray Richie. Could step metres off both legs, fast elusive and as good a finisher as Ken Irvine. What happened?

He spent more time at DY pool, soaking his ravaged ankles and knees in sea water, than being on the field.

I hope Turbo can recover; in the meantime, support Funa as you won't be disappointed!

I don’t mind Funa at fullback, providing he has time to train there and gets the confidence of players around him. He’s quite big, quite elusive and quick and defensively he’s okay and unlikely to be ‘rag dolled’ like Garrick. However, no one will replace Turbo’s freakishness to score a try.

Weeks could be interesting, as he is very creative, but I don’t know about him in defence and he’s not all that big however, neither was Slater.

Bathroom? Really? I don’t believe it. The rumours have been around for too long. However, if true, where was the damn bath mat?

Every hamstring injury Turbo has has had has been innocuous, so I guess we are just resigned to the fact that it could happen to him just walking down the street.

Such a shame for such a great player who when on the field adds so much to the Sea Eagles.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
9 6 3 57 14
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8