Haumole gone, DCE resurrected

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We are in a sticky situation and I'm interested to see how the club deals with this.

These next two games before all this judiciary stuff were very winnable games that we HAD to bank because the two games after (Brisbane and Storm) are much tougher and more testing games to see where we are at. Raiders at home and Dolphins are supposed to be the games where we collect 2 points each comfortably. Both games are still must wins, can't afford to drop points here. So I would try challenge a downgrade for DCE to get him to only miss one week. Got a worthy argument that he dropped out of the tackle once Lane was picked up in the air by Haumole and then add the clean sheet Chez has for over 300 games. It's worth a shot but it is a risk that if we come unsuccessful then that's 3 games and he misses the Broncos game at Magic Round.

I don't want to be negative but this could dent our season if we don't deal with it right and then lose the games we should win in these next two weeks. I'm confident Jakob Arthur can do a job next week with Turbo and Brooks steering the ship. And then Lawton fills in at edge with GCKT at 14 which makes the most sense. Dolphins game much trickier with their good form, which is why we need Chez for that one. Let's see if we can look back on this at the end of season and see if it was a well managed situation by the club or an unfortunate turning point for our season.

We are in a sticky situation and I'm interested to see how the club deals with this.

These next two games before all this judiciary stuff were very winnable games that we HAD to bank because the two games after (Brisbane and Storm) are much tougher and more testing games to see where we are at. Raiders at home and Dolphins are supposed to be the games where we collect 2 points each comfortably. Both games are still must wins, can't afford to drop points here. So I would try challenge a downgrade for DCE to get him to only miss one week. Got a worthy argument that he dropped out of the tackle once Lane was picked up in the air by Haumole and then add the clean sheet Chez has for over 300 games. It's worth a shot but it is a risk that if we come unsuccessful then that's 3 games and he misses the Broncos game at Magic Round.

I don't want to be negative but this could dent our season if we don't deal with it right and then lose the games we should win in these next two weeks. I'm confident Jakob Arthur can do a job next week with Turbo and Brooks steering the ship. And then Lawton fills in at edge with GCKT at 14 which makes the most sense. Dolphins game much trickier with their good form, which is why we need Chez for that one. Let's see if we can look back on this at the end of season and see if it was a well managed situation by the club or an unfortunate turning point for our season.
I think we can win the next two without them but Brooks, Turbo, Koula and co really need to step up. Less worried about the pack impact. We challenge it and lose them ( or even one) for three it will make magic round very tough. I’m almost inclined to cop the two games each and move on.

Also I wonder what this will do to our right edge defence? I mean it’s not like it can get any worse. Or could it?

Might I suggest that the original poster alter the thread title to ‘DCE and Haumole both charged for tackle on Lane’, or somesuch?

The current thread title is emotive and (possibly, time will tell) inaccurate.

They're gone. Move on , deal with it next man up and win the fuking games that we should anyway. Might just stop Huamole from getting picked for the Blues, I hope.
I agree I want us to fight it but we are hells chances of getting them both downgraded, cop the 2 weeks don’t risk the 3.

we still have a competitive squad which should win the next 2

Hopefully at least one of them can have the charge downgraded or dropped entirely. I think we would be ok without DCE or Olakau'atu for a couple of matches but being without both at the same time will probably cost us.
... maybe we can improve on our right side defence ....

Last edited:
The problem is the way the NRL discourages challenging by adding more time if you challenge and are unsuccessful.

It will be out there somewhere, but I suspect the record of successful challenges is low, and only successful if next game is SOO or GF

We might all say challenge, but the statistics may be saying “suck it up” as having them
out for 3 is worse, or who knows the judiciary could say “nah that’s 4 weeks”

Wake up Eagles, I'm as diehard as ya'll even more. Almost got done for DUI on the way to the Majestic Brookie, I must be a robot even the PIG was going for the eels. He thought he got me but the Mighty Eagles beat the odd once again.

It was a dangerous tackle, but watch it again, must be something going on with those2 HO & SL, why would OLa do that sort of tackle????? Also I can't believe our own supporters even said DCE is more at fault ARE U BLIND he pull his hand away after what he saw was happening. CLEAN FOR 14yrs. WAKE UP OPEN YOUR EYES. For the next2 games we can do without OLA but not DCE
Drinking. Never Drive.

Last edited:
I reckon the club might challenge DCE's invovlement on his insistance due to the Dally M implications of him missing 2 games which rules him out.

Hard to argue that Lane was not put in a dangerous position but more on the accidental side surely and Haumole seemed to consciously pull out of the tackle to try and avoid any more problems .
Definitely not intentional and the accidental nature with D C E also but from the judiciary perspective and the black and white interpretation , probably a standard ruling unfortunately
Unfair and unreasonable on many counts but will be hard to overturn just on the again black and white current judiciary policy .
Not very keen on a Waddell - Lawton backrow pairing .
More inclined to go with Parker or Bullemor to partner Waddell .
Guess that Arthur would be the next best halves inclusion but will certainly have to get a decent kicking game in order with D C E 's likely absence and 2 big outs sadly on any assessment

It was a very dangerous tackle and deserves a suspension.

But suspending two players seems a bet each way, which isn't right.
Taking an objective point of view, if this tackle was carried out by a single player, it wouldn't be unreasonable to be given 3-4 weeks.

Accidental, but very dangerous (generally speaking, long term ramifications incomparably worse than elbow to face). Since two players carried out the tackle, they are splitting the punishment down the middle.

Unlucky, but this is modern day NRL. My opinion is to not fight the charge, use the adversity to strengthen other players and areas of play. This is all good stuff during the first half of season, as it only better prepares a team for all kinds of unexpected, yet commonly placed, suspensions/injuries during finals time.

Also, @LeonardCohen definitely better to have your stronger team against stronger opposition. If you aren't in it to win it, you're just wasting your time. If we don't make the 8 because of this, then we're not a legitimate contender.

Play on Manly (looking forward to see Arthur get a shot)

Maybe Chez will get off because he is a clean skin but not Haumole I reckon
Whilst I’m resigned to it , this part still irks me big time , in years gone by there were “ considerations “ for players that had never been charged previously , sort of like a “ get out of jail free card “ but only because of your past , perfect record.

2024, that’s obviously gone out the window.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8