[Resurrected] Turbo in a Knee Brace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's just soooo frustrating. I was so mad when I first heard this news. We were supposed to just nicely flat track bully our way into some form and confidence and get that week-to-week improvement. Now we gotta deal with this major setback. Could be worse I know, but still very sad. And it's the fact that I know it won't just be 4 weeks. Our medical team always have been inaccurate return dates. Add to the fact it's an MCL injury, 4 weeks is a bit short for a return time.
It's not a major setback, let's be real here.

Minor setback, major comeback.

Manly superstar Tom Trbojevic has vowed to get “stuck in” to his rehabilitation as he undergoes sudden knee surgery which will keep him sidelined for a “minimum of four weeks.”
The Daily Telegraph captured exclusive images of Trbojevic hobbling into Randwick’s Prince of Wales Hospital on Monday afternoon to undergo knee surgery to repair a medial tear.

Speaking just moments before his operation, Trbojevic revealed he will “hit the ground running” after surgery and was aiming for a round nine return against Wests Tigers at 4 Pines Park.

He will miss matches against Newcastle, Gold Coast, Cronulla and Souths.

Trbojevic was operated on by Sydney hip and knee surgeon David Broe on Monday night and is expected to be released from hospital on Tuesday.

Stream every game of every round of the 2022 NRL Telstra Premiership Season Live & Ad-Break Free In Play on Kayo. New to Kayo? Try 14-Days Free Now >

He damaged the knee 10 minutes into Saturday’s 25-6 win over Canberra in Mudgee but still produced a strong display playing the entire 80 minutes.

“It’s really disappointing but if I don’t get it done then it could be a further risk so this is the right thing to do. I will just have to suck it up,” Trbojevic said.

“This has all happened very quickly but I think four weeks out is the minimum. I won’t be back before four.

“It might be hard to do but I will try and hit the ground running.

“I hadn’t heard of it (the injury) before but at the bottom of my medial, it attaches to your tibia, and I tore it off there. Apparently it doesn’t heal by itself so you have to patch it up.

“I felt I was starting to play some good footy as well. It hasn’t fully sunk in yet that I’m out for a month, especially given how well we have gone as a team over the past few weeks.”

Trbojevic was at Manly training on Monday morning at Narrabeen when told by club doctor Paul Bloomfield to leave for a scan.

A shocked Trbojevic returned to the training ground soon after to be told he required surgery. He was stunned at the scan result given his knee felt relatively solid on Monday.

He even told The Daily Telegraph on Sunday that he was hoping to be fit for Thursday night’s away match against Newcastle.

“It’s been a weird day, I won’t lie to you,” Trbojevic said. “I literally rocked up to training early for a massage, about 8am, and the ‘doc’ (Bloomfield) rang me and asked whether I could make a 9am scan. He just wanted to make sure everything was sweet because we had a short turn-around.

“I went and did that and went back and I was walking around feeling fine. I wasn’t fully sweet but I didn’t feel bad two days after the game. I did some weights and recovery and when I came out the ‘doc’ rang me.

“It’s just weird because I don’t feel that bad. I did it in the first ten minutes of the game. It was a bit sore but I got through the game all right.”

Manly coach Des Hasler will select his new-look side on Tuesday with winger Reuben Garrick expected to push back to fullback with Christian Tuipulotu a candidate for a wing spot.

Hasler’s other option would be naming rookie Tolu Kola at fullback, an unlikely alternative for a one-game rookie.

A Manly media statement released on Monday afternoon read: “Manly Warringah Sea Eagles fullback Tom Trbojevic underwent scans today for a knee injury following Saturday’s match in Mudgee.

“Scans have revealed that Trbojevic suffered a medial tear and will now undergo surgery. He will be out for a period of four weeks.”

I have a feeling it was an injury he's been carrying for a few rounds if not the entire season so far. In other matches, he's looked off the pace and always limping after heavy contact.

Probably just aggravated it past the 'manageable' point so throw him in for a tidy-up now.

Disappointed but we need him back at his best sooner rather than later.
Said the exact same thing to a mate earlier today.

As long as Garrick is not full back. We are already struggling to score points and having Garrick play FB will only add to these woes. He is just so ineffective injecting himself into the backline. Plus you move a good finisher out of position and play Parker on the wing, equally ineffective at that position.

Would rather see Koula at FB, at least he is a genuine threat with the ball and can create something injecting himself into the backline.
Rather have Garrick there than Walker....

IMO:

FB - Reuben Garrick
WG - Jason Saab
CE - Brad Parker
CE - Morgan Harper
WG - Tolutau Koula

I think we'd probably like to see Koula at fullback and Garrick staying on the wing, but I can see Des taking the safer option and playing the more experienced Reubs back there in Tom's absence. Parker's place depends on if he overcomes Covid protocols in time. Being the Thursday game might be too soon for him, which could see Weekes into the side at FB, Garrick still on the wing and Koula still at centre.

I guess well know by tomorrow afternoon. At least we'll know the named side. Who runs out on Thursday night could be a different story altogether.....

I guess we will finally see how the new centre of excellence rehab facilities go. Luckily we have those new swimming pools

What's this news on Channel 9 footy show this morning about Turbo may be back again for the semi's?
I heard this to, it was a throwaway comment from Joey Johns, definitely no guarantee.

He didn't have a sling on last night and was helping the boys warm up, catching and passing. Big difference between that and being ready for full contact but if we make it deep into the finals he could theoretically be ready. Then the question becomes do we take any sort of risk with Turbo if the team is playing well without him.

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8