[Resurrected] Turbo in a Knee Brace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
It's just soooo frustrating. I was so mad when I first heard this news. We were supposed to just nicely flat track bully our way into some form and confidence and get that week-to-week improvement. Now we gotta deal with this major setback. Could be worse I know, but still very sad. And it's the fact that I know it won't just be 4 weeks. Our medical team always have been inaccurate return dates. Add to the fact it's an MCL injury, 4 weeks is a bit short for a return time.

I have a feeling it was an injury he's been carrying for a few rounds if not the entire season so far. In other matches, he's looked off the pace and always limping after heavy contact.

Probably just aggravated it past the 'manageable' point so throw him in for a tidy-up now.

Disappointed but we need him back at his best sooner rather than later.

I can see us coming out 2-2. Close win against Newcastle and a big win against Tits at brooky. We are cronulla's bogey team so you never know but they do look very impressive this year. I just pray it really only is 4 weeks.

I have a feeling it was an injury he's been carrying for a few rounds if not the entire season so far. In other matches, he's looked off the pace and always limping after heavy contact.

Probably just aggravated it past the 'manageable' point so throw him in for a tidy-up now.

Disappointed but we need him back at his best sooner rather than later.
I think you’re spot on. He’s been injured all season.

Could be the best thing to happen to us all season:
Struggle with what we've got and grind out wins and suddenly they believe they can do it without him. Tommy comes back and it's all gold

Or the worst :
We go from flat track bullying to flatlining.

Here's hoping!!

This is not good! No Turbo lurking around the field assisting tries and line breaks......and we've lost the energy and spark of Walker when he comes on. Our attack (vs Raiders atleast) will be disminished. It'll be up to footy smarts by DCE, Foz and Jurbo to jag us a few wins.

Hope everything goes well for turbo and recovery is swift and back on deck soon. I was filthy he was left on the field with 20 to go, and like others suspect he has been injured since game 1.

The harsh reality is we can't learn to win without Turbo unless we don't have Turbo, so it's up to Des to pick the right players and position and the team to lift.
Wouldn't it be great for confidence to come out 4 from 4 or 3 /4.

I don’t think it’s season over, as tommy is good enough to rattle some wins off after origin to sneak us into the 8, but I’m not optimistic about the next month of footy.. we’ve tried Garrick at fullback… he literally does absolutely nothing… we’ve tried walker at fullback, he was absolutely pitiful… we apparently have all of these fast outside backs ready to make the leap to nrl, if we don’t try one straight up we may as well forfeit the next month

Is four weeks Manly code for eight weeks?
And who was the dirty, filthy, leg-twisting Raiders animal that hurt him?
It always feels good to blame some dirty, filthy, leg-twisting animal.
Rest up Tommy.
Time to lift Sea Eagles.
Good thing we played the Raiders and not the Hyenas last weekend - their team is full of dirty, filtty, leg twisting animals

1649060902519.png

Last edited:
Good ting we played the Raiders and not the Hyenas last weekend - their team is full of dirty, filtty, leg twisting animals

View attachment 20695
Actually it really is no wonder Tom is injured. He's got a huge target on his back this year. There has been plenty of wrestling in his tackles too - hence filthy animals.
There's more to Manly than just Tommy though. Hopefully Jake can wind everyone up with his passion.

As long as Garrick is not full back. We are already struggling to score points and having Garrick play FB will only add to these woes. He is just so ineffective injecting himself into the backline. Plus you move a good finisher out of position and play Parker on the wing, equally ineffective at that position.

Would rather see Koula at FB, at least he is a genuine threat with the ball and can create something injecting himself into the backline.

So we need to step up and scrape 2 of 4.

I think that is top 4 gone, but make the 8 and with a fit and firing team anything is possible

FFS - we all knew it was coming - now we will be total pants again for 8 weeks.
That's what happens when you use him as a forward..........

:(

Yeah
Actually it really is no wonder Tom is injured. He's got a huge target on his back this year. There has been plenty of wrestling in his tackles too - hence filthy animals.
There's more to Manly than just Tommy though. Hopefully Jake can wind everyone up with his passion.

There's been a huge upscale of wrestling in tackles, fullstop.
It's a different beast compared to last year.

As long as Garrick is not full back. We are already struggling to score points and having Garrick play FB will only add to these woes. He is just so ineffective injecting himself into the backline. Plus you move a good finisher out of position and play Parker on the wing, equally ineffective at that position.

Would rather see Koula at FB, at least he is a genuine threat with the ball and can create something injecting himself into the backline.
Yeh Garricks a terrible fullback

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8