[Resurrected] Turbo in a Knee Brace

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think the decision belongs to Tom, with the right medical advice, if his injury has healed, there shouldn’t be any problems. It’s the highest honour in the sport playing for your country and in this instance a World Cup in particular.
I hope he gets picked, plays well and comes back ready to lead us in 23, providing his good to go, I think it will be good for him, barring injury of course. I get the whole issue and the history, however if anybody looking at this situation wants to place our club first, I get it, but your not being realistic nor fair, put the shoe on the other foot and ask yourself, what you would do and if you would pass up the opportunity, privilege and the honour, there’s your answer, wish him well if his selected otherwise, if not we’ll get behind him next year and hope he can repay the club with another year like 21 and hopefully we can go 3 games better.
Mate I do wish him well & yes i appreciate where you're coming from regarding playing for your country, however as i mentioned in my earlier post, I believe it's more about the money than honour. I really do hope he doesn't get injured either. Perhaps a clause in contracts where if you get selected to play SOO or for Country & obviously get paid for it & you get injured or reinjured resulting in an extended absence from your club then either the player doesn't get paid for the time off or the NRL takes that amount out of the clubs salary cap or the NRL pays the players salary for the time he's unavailable to play for the club? Why is it always that the clubs get dudded? In fact if a player is injured by another clubs player due to foul play then as far as I'm concerned that club should fork out the money for the time the player is out injured. I hate this bull$hit where clubs always suffer coz of players required to play for state or country or due to foul play.
I'll bet if the NRL said there will be no pay if you play SOO or Country a lot of players would mysteriously come out with excuses why they're unavailable!

Mate I do wish him well & yes i appreciate where you're coming from regarding playing for your country, however as i mentioned in my earlier post, I believe it's more about the money than honour. I really do hope he doesn't get injured either. Perhaps a clause in contracts where if you get selected to play SOO or for Country & obviously get paid for it & you get injured or reinjured resulting in an extended absence from your club then either the player doesn't get paid for the time off or the NRL takes that amount out of the clubs salary cap or the NRL pays the players salary for the time he's unavailable to play for the club? Why is it always that the clubs get dudded? In fact if a player is injured by another clubs player due to foul play then as far as I'm concerned that club should fork out the money for the time the player is out injured. I hate this bull$hit where clubs always suffer coz of players required to play for state or country or due to foul play.
I'll bet if the NRL said there will be no pay if you play SOO or Country a lot of players would mysteriously come out with excuses why they're unavailable!
I relate to most of what you say, however maybe I‘m old school, I realise times have changed, but I wonder how much Summons was paid in 63 when Australia won its first World Cup or Max in 82 leading the first unbeaten touring side, Wally in 86 again going through unbeaten. I don’t imagine the money meant all that much, our last World Cup victory was in 2000, I still think it’s a pretty special honour and I‘m sure to most the money is not the primary motive, I doubt Tom would care, he earns a million plus a year anyway, it’s more about etching your stamp in history, I could only imagine what it must feel like for the blokes that played in those sides, the money seems insignificant to me, but I get your point about clubs suffering unfairly as a result of injuries and some kind of cap compensation wouldn’t be a bad idea.

Last edited:
Yeah Tom ... give up your opportunity to tour with an Australian team .... because ... wait for it ... some Manly fans will get sore haemorrhoids ....

Tommy, you only have one career and limited opportunities to play for your country ... grab it with both arms if you can ... and write the next page of your history ..
Tend to agree. I mean, it's rugby league - there's a chance of getting injured every time you take the field. That chance is apparently magnified when you're Tom Trbojevic, who can pick up an injury running along the Corso or slipping in the shower. But what are you going to do? Never play footy because there's a chance of getting hurt? He has to figure his luck is going to change sometime, and if doesn't, it doesn't.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8