Turbo good to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
How about this?

1 aloiai
2 froggy
3 paseka
4 ola
5 burbo
6 jurbo
7 dce
8 brooks
9 talau
10 koula
11 garrick
12 saab
13 turbo

I'm especially happy with brooks and koula in the front row.
Here is a fun game, excluding DCE who in Carls team would make the best fist of their new position??

I think injuries aside, Turbo maybe at lock the bet from the above. Maybe if Saab bulked up on the edge....

Lloyd

Our attack is way better with Turbo at fullback. I’d though try to limit his involvement somewhat. No more one of the Rick into the forwards for example. Sniff around for a gap and go for it. Maybe swap around with koula at times. The coaches should be smart enough to change his roll and be just as effective. Otherwise there will no doubt be another hammy injury.

Will on the hill

Bencher
Tipping Member
Here is a fun game, excluding DCE who in Carls team would make the best fist of their new position??

I think injuries aside, Turbo maybe at lock the bet from the above. Maybe if Saab bulked up on the edge....
Easy, Turbo would be the best lock in the comp. Burbo (wing) and Garrick (edge br) would do a job.

Carl

Reserve Grader
Easy, Turbo would be the best lock in the comp. Burbo (wing) and Garrick (edge br) would do a job.
I think Ola at centre could do ok. I think he may have even played there at the end of an injury riddled game.

Jake at 5/8? Back to his ball playing days.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I like it except for your DCE and turbo moves. I would not be putting an almost 36 year old at the tail end of his career at 9. Also I would not be putting Turbo closer to ruck where he can get bashed more easily AND in a position that requires stepping, stopping and starting from scratch and lots of front on defence. Keep Cherry where he is and bring Tom in through the wing.
Des played 9 for us at the end of his career with Tooves 7 and Cliffy 6 and Des's tackling style was classic - leap in the air and grab whatever body part he could.

manly al

First Grader
D C E did play that fairly impressive stint as a sub 9 in a S O O game 5 or so seasons ago and when there was a bit of conjecture mid last season how to maybe accommodate Weekes and Latu Fainu going forward , did think that a club D C E switch to 9 could be a worthwhile consideration .
Not now and for a range of factors and especially after his excellent season last year at 7 and for the full duration .
Obviously has not replicated that really high level and consistent footy so far in 24 but doing well enough at times Irrespective however and again , any future 9 role at Manly would definitely seem in the very unlikely outcome category .
Ben Hunt still seems to do well at origin level as a 9 but different circumstances do come into play in his instance .

manly al

First Grader
Just a footnote to the lighthearted post with the unorthodox positions and with Tent and Olla in the centres .
Big units even in the hypothetical sense there but reckon that Crusher Cleal and Choppy Close together would been on the heavy weight side as centres and well above average in their time and even in the modern era

manly al

First Grader
Recall that Tent did play as a 13 for Blacktown on an injury comeback at one stage last season and no doubt just to see how he would go there .
Probably would go quite well on an edge and especially in attack and with his footwork and natural pace and power but may have a few issues with lateral defence
Of course , Tent in some of the best form for some time now as a i st grade prop
About the same time [ last season ] that Keppie and Woods were selected at different times in i st grade as 13 's .
Seem to be doing OK with the rotation of Jake and Brown [ when he is match fit ] as 13 's this season .
Always preferable for more settled positions but often the case also to try some players in different positions and depending on an overall team makeup , and to see how that may work out

StuBoot

Bencher
D C E did play that fairly impressive stint as a sub 9 in a S O O game 5 or so seasons ago and when there was a bit of conjecture mid last season how to maybe accommodate Weekes and Latu Fainu going forward , did think that a club D C E switch to 9 could be a worthwhile consideration .
Not now and for a range of factors and especially after his excellent season last year at 7 and for the full duration .
Obviously has not replicated that really high level and consistent footy so far in 24 but doing well enough at times Irrespective however and again , any future 9 role at Manly would definitely seem in the very unlikely outcome category .
Ben Hunt still seems to do well at origin level as a 9 but different circumstances do come into play in his instance .
It works at SOO level due to the DCE/Hunt/Grant triumvirate in tandem with Munster doing what he does.
It works because they're all elite players just like Turbo excels at centre for NSW & Australia.

If they're not surrounded by other elite players then they are best playing in the best position.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
D C E did play that fairly impressive stint as a sub 9 in a S O O game 5 or so seasons ago
No DCE has never played 9 in SOO.
He's played from the bench 4 times, in 2013 and 2014. In one of those Cronk was injured early and DCE filled in as halfback, in the other 3 he played a roving middle forward role. Cameron Smith played 9 for 80 min in each of those games.

47MVEagle

Bencher
Well I think we should let both Koula & Lehi get a few more games at fullback at NRL level under their belts before we install either of them as Turbo’s successor.

That said, I think centre would be ideal for him as he can break tackles & offload & USED to be able to jump to contest bombs.

manly al

First Grader
No DCE has never played 9 in SOO.
He's played from the bench 4 times, in 2013 and 2014. In one of those Cronk was injured early and DCE filled in as halfback, in the other 3 he played a roving middle forward role. Cameron Smith played 9 for 80 min in each of those games.
Probably a bit like when Ponga had a roving role in the ruck in S O O a few seasons ago .
In hindsight , Smith pretty much played the full 80 in or for most of his career

double hoops

First Grader
There was a game against Parra a a couple of years back where turbo had a roving running licence from dummy half in attack. As a when he felt like it hooker he just tore the Eels a new one on his own.

With the football Turbo could literally play any where.

Without the footy is the challenge.

LittleSnake

Super Sub
Turbo needs to remain at fullback. Its in manly DNA. Brett Stewart passed the baton to him and he needs to pass the baton to another. It took years to make that transition and build skills with defensive reads and organising defence.

Lehi should do his time on a wing and fill in for an injured turbo before a turbo transition to centre. It is the way.

Can’t keep doing the same thing and expecting a different outcome . He needs to either transition to the centres or he needs to medically retire. Lehi or Koula are our future 1s
Seibold cant keep turbo at fullback, he is either injured, playing injured, or wants to play origin and not for manly. At the end of the day if Seibold wants to make the top8 and get another contract he will have to make tough choices.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18