Turbo good to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

bringbackbeaver

Reserve Grader
Sn
Turbo needs to remain at fullback. Its in manly DNA. Brett Stewart passed the baton to him and he needs to pass the baton to another. It took years to make that transition and build skills with defensive reads and organising defence.

Lehi should do his time on a wing and fill in for an injured turbo before a turbo transition to centre. It is the way.
Snake didn’t get such a handover when he started. And look how he went… pretty decent

Once Was Brissie Kid

Reserve Grader
Sn

Snake didn’t get such a handover when he started. And look how he went… pretty decent
Your post got my curious as to who was Manly's fullback before Snake.
Snake took over in Rd 9 of 2004. Rd 8 was a bye.
So who was Manly fullback for Rd 1 to Rd 8?
Andrew Walker.
He moved to 5/8th.

1385954852-11689-4.jpg

Eagle 1

First Grader
Your post got my curious as to who was Manly's fullback before Snake.
Snake took over in Rd 9 of 2004. Rd 8 was a bye.
So who was Manly fullback for Rd 1 to Rd 8?
Andrew Walker.
He moved to 5/8th.

1385954852-11689-4.jpg

Andrew Walker, such a talented player, just didn't see it often enough for one reason or another.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sn

Snake was part of a team that hit rock bottom. There is a opportunity to learn things at rock bottom that you can learn no where else. That team reflects those learnings, ruthless buggers

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Andrew Walker, such a talented player, just didn't see it often enough for one reason or another.
Walker had immense gifts but self control on the footy field wasnt one if them. At the time we were pretty lowly, so his highlights, chip n chase and 20 late points was really welcomed by beagles fans that were starved of hope . I remember we had a great winning % when Nathan Long played which was rare .

He and ben barba had a lot in common, attack attack attack

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Honestly, anyone that thinks Turbo is a 6 and Daly is a hooker is having a laugh!

The only plausible shift is Tom to centre and even that’s a long shot. I reckon he’ll come back at fullback and Hoppa will languish in reserve grade until Canberra come knocking.

Sad but true.

Eagle 1

First Grader
Walker had immense gifts but self control on the footy field wasnt one if them. At the time we were pretty lowly, so his highlights, chip n chase and 20 late points was really welcomed by beagles fans that were starved of hope . I remember we had a great winning % when Nathan Long played which was rare .

He and ben barba had a lot in common, attack attack attack
Didn't we set him and his family up in Terry Hills after he finished playing with us. He was in a bad place mentally then. Wonder how he is now or where he is now.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
Didn't we set him and his family up in Terry Hills after he finished playing with us. He was in a bad place mentally then. Wonder how he is now or where he is now.
Walker is ok and his cousin (I think) who plays guitar and sings will be doing a gig tomorrow same place as myself.... I'll ask out of interest, as I liked how he played even when not at Manly....was entertains not a robot on the field

Eagle 1

First Grader
Walker is ok and his cousin (I think) who plays guitar and sings will be doing a gig tomorrow same place as myself.... I'll ask out of interest, as I liked how he played even when not at Manly....was entertains not a robot on the field
Thanks Maxta, a lot on here would be interested to hear how Walker is going. When he had the ball in hand, you never knew what play was coming up next, he really was an excitement machine.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Honestly, anyone that thinks Turbo is a 6 and Daly is a hooker is having a laugh!

The only plausible shift is Tom to centre and even that’s a long shot. I reckon he’ll come back at fullback and Hoppa will languish in reserve grade until Canberra come knocking.

Sad but true.
Your probablty right. I think people just want to see what a different game management approach might do for the team. Daly is past 9 despite his ability to scoot and kick out of dummy half. Most of his best runs this season have been from dummy half, But DCE plays a physically conservative game rarely running in the line or using a shoulder in D . No way he can play middle. If anything a 14 once the heats out of the game but thats a major luxury

Turbo played unofficial halfback role without kicking in our most successful recent season.sure he had a 1 on his back but he was our number 1 and 2 ball player and major creator on both sides of the ruck . Now cats out of the bag, he is isolated at fullback as we continue to play the same way when he is in the team. Not saying he would make a good 6 but if we keep doing what we always did we will keep getting what we always had……..Not much

IMO we need to take the pressure off turbo, our game seems impervious to change so its move him on, or move him around maybe, but just as we are wasting browns energy by leaving him isolated in a team sport , same with Tommy.

Ryan

Journey Man
Indigenous talent man, it's just a beauty to watch. I've always wanted us to be more plugged in with pathways for them, and it always seems to me, that we are heavily lacking in that department.

Good old recruitment, pathways and retention at Manly.

Terrible, terrible, terrible.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
Your probablty right. I think people just want to see what a different game management approach might do for the team. Daly is past 9 despite his ability to scoot and kick out of dummy half. Most of his best runs this season have been from dummy half, But DCE plays a physically conservative game rarely running in the line or using a shoulder in D . No way he can play middle. If anything a 14 once the heats out of the game but thats a major luxury

Turbo played unofficial halfback role without kicking in our most successful recent season.sure he had a 1 on his back but he was our number 1 and 2 ball player and major creator on both sides of the ruck . Now cats out of the bag, he is isolated at fullback as we continue to play the same way when he is in the team. Not saying he would make a good 6 but if we keep doing what we always did we will keep getting what we always had……..Not much

IMO we need to take the pressure off turbo, our game seems impervious to change so its move him on, or move him around maybe, but just as we are wasting browns energy by leaving him isolated in a team sport , same with Tommy.
Not completely against the idea of him playing centre but the work he has doing as a ball player at 1, is vastly different to the ball playing a 6 does. Further, you need a 6 that can ice last tackle plays; if it all falls on Chez, we become predictable. Then you’ve got to consider that we have Brooks who is exclusively a half and you can why Turbo at 6 is foolish.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Not completely against the idea of him playing centre but the work he has doing as a ball player at 1, is vastly different to the ball playing a 6 does. Further, you need a 6 that can ice last tackle plays; if it all falls on Chez, we become predictable. Then you’ve got to consider that we have Brooks who is exclusively a half and you can why Turbo at 6 is foolish.
Yeah ive not seen Tom kick with much style. I few wobblies at best but i imagine he might clobber a few if he gets hold of them. Been stories he was a swans jnr target, surely nit just because he was tall, but i dont know. I think he could adapt his style . He has the out the back stuff, but he has those tenacious carries where he makes defences hurry up. His inexperience may inadvertently straighten our attack

Not sold on his passing game though ,

Rocky

Bencher
I'd prefer coaches to try things a bit more in terms of the positions - I mean Latrell looked great at 5/8 the other day. Not saying that's a long term move but it seems some coaches only try things when there is an injury.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18