Turbo good to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

seaeagles4life

Reserve Grader
I think koula and turbo could swap roles in defence and attack. Turbo to play fullback in attack across both sides of the field roaming but play centre in defence so he doesn't have to do kick returns and cover tackles.

manly al

First Grader
Centres are doing a lot more ruck settlers for a while now and not sure that this would be that suited for Turbo current playing mode and his still ongoing injury susceptibility .
A bit more demanding then his 5 th tackle forays which still seems more on the pointless side and which would surely then just exacerbate his injury prone tendencies
Does not seem to be any issues for Koula, Tulau or Garrick but again would have some definite reservations in Turbo 's case
Getting more and more marginal with Turbo's sometimes indifferent form at the back when guys like Koula and now Lehi Hopoate have performed well there but still on balance the most favored option there and especially again when playing in the centres would be quite problematic for him .
Just have to hope [ again ] that Turbo can somehow have a very decent run on the injury front and provide that really valuable contribution at full back and of course on a regular basis

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
What to do with Turbo on his return is going to be Seibold's hardest decision. After 6 hamstrings, 1 pec and 1 shoulder, I think his best days are behind him. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong here but I think that is the case. He can certainly still provide value add from FB but given the firepower we now have from the younger brigade, do you still put him in at FB? I would not do that and would be exploring a position on the wing. I would not be changing our centres nor the halves. Turbo could still add significant value from that wing position particularly in a roving commission. Will be a difficult call for Seibold but could be his smartest call of the year.

spider

What to do with Turbo on his return is going to be Seibold's hardest decision. After 6 hamstrings, 1 pec and 1 shoulder, I think his best days are behind him. I would absolutely love to be proven wrong here but I think that is the case. He can certainly still provide value add from FB but given the firepower we now have from the younger brigade, do you still put him in at FB? I would not do that and would be exploring a position on the wing. I would not be changing our centres nor the halves. Turbo could still add significant value from that wing position particularly in a roving commission. Will be a difficult call for Seibold but could be his smartest call of the year.
Hi mate, I think your right on the mark about Turbo. My biggest problem with him the last few years is the amount of money where paying and the games he plays just killing us. Finally we have two people to replace him. But where to put Turbo i don't know.

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
He is big enough to fill our prop shortage

manly al

First Grader
IMO Turbo is not in the right head space to be our last line of defence. I’d be partnering him with Koula in the centres and moving Garrick back to the wing.
Think definitely the case , Turbo's last line of defence has been a bit iffy for a couple of seasons now or when he has been available but could only hope that his experience and ability in attack can make up for it to warrant him still being effective or quite instrumental at the back again.
So in the scenario you are suggesting , Saab or Talau contending for the other wing position , doubt if that is going to happen on present form for both players , they will be among the first back line players selected .
Lehi Hoppa 's efforts the other night at full back is certainly going to make him more then a viable option there going forward but apart from Turbo , there is still Koula and Garrick for consideration . even if again Lehi would come into serious consideration with Turbo absent at any stage

silvereagle

Reserve Grader
Turbo to 5/8, Brooks to 7, DCE to 9

1. Hoppa
2. Garrick
3. Talau
4. Koula
5. Saab
6. Turbo
7. Brooks
9. DCE
I like it except for your DCE and turbo moves. I would not be putting an almost 36 year old at the tail end of his career at 9. Also I would not be putting Turbo closer to ruck where he can get bashed more easily AND in a position that requires stepping, stopping and starting from scratch and lots of front on defence. Keep Cherry where he is and bring Tom in through the wing.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Just so I understand the logic here

So move the incumbent QLD halfback to hooker. Where he has never played. Or defended.

Move a player who people complain gets injured all the time into a position where he will get players run at him all the time

Move a player who they tried to make a 7 for YEARS and could not back into the role he could not do

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 78 22
13 9 4 110 20
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16
13 7 6 -34 16