Turbo good to go

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

nightster

The older I get the better I was
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Honestly, anyone that thinks Turbo is a 6 and Daly is a hooker is having a laugh!

The only plausible shift is Tom to centre and even that’s a long shot. I reckon he’ll come back at fullback and Hoppa will languish in reserve grade until Canberra come knocking.

Sad but true.
Hope you’re wrong but fear you could be right

LeonardCohen

Bencher
I'd prefer coaches to try things a bit more in terms of the positions - I mean Latrell looked great at 5/8 the other day. Not saying that's a long term move but it seems some coaches only try things when there is an injury.
Latrell’s skill set is much more suited to 5/8 than Tom’s. Latrell has a much better passing and kicking game. Tom’s game is more about being around the ball all the time and used to be about tackle busting and speed.

LeonardCohen

Bencher
It’s really disappointing how Tom’s career has shaped up. He could have been an immortal but we’ve really only got one decent season out of him in 10 years; the rest have been promising without ever hitting the true heights of his talent. He’ll be remembered for 21’ and a heap of injuries.

LittleSnake

Super Sub
Sn

Snake didn’t get such a handover when he started. And look how he went… pretty decent
I see what your saying with the handover but I think what I failed to communciate better was that it took both tom and Brett a good 18-24 months to become effective in defence. We need to start blooding and working on a transition as opposed to just ripping turbo from fullback.

Rocky

Bencher
Latrell’s skill set is much more suited to 5/8 than Tom’s. Latrell has a much better passing and kicking game. Tom’s game is more about being around the ball all the time and used to be about tackle busting and speed.
Agree with you there but i wasn't pushing for Tom to go 5/8.

In the Manly context I would like to see a willingness for Tom to centre and Koula/Lehi to fullback. Obviously i don't want to "try" things that will lose us a match but given both of those guys can play fullback i don't see a huge risk in switching it up for a half or a game.

It's not like we are dominating the league so trying things on the margin should be encouraged.

Yokozuna

Reserve Grader
Yeah ive not seen Tom kick with much style. I few wobblies at best but i imagine he might clobber a few if he gets hold of them. Been stories he was a swans jnr target, surely nit just because he was tall, but i dont know. I think he could adapt his style . He has the out the back stuff, but he has those tenacious carries where he makes defences hurry up. His inexperience may inadvertently straighten our attack

Not sold on his passing game though ,
Doubt they would want to add kicking to a player who has had so many problems with his hamstrings.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18