Tuipulotu Developing Centre ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Denno

Reserve Grader
Is it too big a call to eventually see this bloke in the centres he's a big unit ,fast ,good on his feet and is very sound defensively
he puts in every week but doesn't, seem to get much of a mention when Tommy returns I would like to see him get a run there ,Garrick one wing Saab the other -Christian & Tolu just a thought ? !!

Had him for 2. Silvertails points last game.

He did a lot of good things that’s for sure.

He’s Jorge 2.0 but able to catch bombs. Would love to see him one on one with another winger and stream roll them like Jorge used to do.

Had him for 2. Silvertails points last game.

He did a lot of good things that’s for sure.

He’s Jorge 2.0 but able to catch bombs. Would love to see him one on one with another winger and stream roll them like Jorge used to do.
Jorge stayed calmly in position on his wing, whereas Christian goes looking for work, in almost every set. I agree he is pretty strong though, which is one of Jorge's main qualities.

Speaking of strength, Koula takes plenty of tough carries but I can't recall seeing him pushed back, even though he's about our smallest back. And still only 19. Both these players are future stars for sure.

Ehhh maybe?? But honesty he's a very good winger and what he brings for us. He does A LOT of dirty work, kick returns are awesome, and does a great job bringing us out of trouble from our goal line. Did the same thing for Tonga. That's his biggest strength so you'd best keep that in mind before a drastic switch. Him & Garrick are my wingers going forward. Also speaking of Tonga... that's our right edge. More games Olakau'atu, Koula & Tuipulotu the better for us. Totally understandable the suggestion of moving him but I personally wouldn't

Jorge stayed calmly in position on his wing, whereas Christian goes looking for work, in almost every set. I agree he is pretty strong though, which is one of Jorge's main qualities.

Speaking of strength, Koula takes plenty of tough carries but I can't recall seeing him pushed back, even though he's about our smallest back. And still only 19. Both these players are future stars for sure.
Taufua (along with Mansour) was one of the best yardage wingers in the NRL for years and regularly topped 150+ metres a game from back there. He was Brian To’o before there was Brian To’o.

Where Christian T has Taufua covered, is the other important aspect of playing on the wing - defusing kicks.

Ehhh maybe?? But honesty he's a very good winger and what he brings for us. He does A LOT of dirty work, kick returns are awesome, and does a great job bringing us out of trouble from our goal line. Did the same thing for Tonga. That's his biggest strength so you'd best keep that in mind before a drastic switch. Him & Garrick are my wingers going forward. Also speaking of Tonga... that's our right edge. More games Olakau'atu, Koula & Tuipulotu the better for us. Totally understandable the suggestion of moving him but I personally wouldn't
He always played Center in juniors so not a drastic change at all. Garrick is also a Center playing wing......I'm pretty sure Tui & Koula will be our Center pairing sooner rather than later!

Taufua (along with Mansour) was one of the best yardage wingers in the NRL for years and regularly topped 150+ metres a game from back there. He was Brian To’o before there was Brian To’o.

Where Christian T has Taufua covered, is the other important aspect of playing on the wing - defusing kicks.
And he's quicker by a long way.

Probably more of the case if Turbo , Garrick and Saab are deemed a best back three for Manly. Tuipulotu with what he has shown this season has to be there as well and logically as a centre , even allowing for Harper and Brad Parker being very reasonable N R L standard Most likely why Tuiulotu was signed for 4 years also with his undoubted potential as an outside back . Guess that it would be the case also if Turbo would be unavailable in future times [ hopefully only for rep duties or maybe wishful thinking ] Tuipulotu would temporarily revert to a wing position if Harper and Parker were still on the scene but that 's footy . .

And he's quicker by a long way.
Mmm not at the same age though. Jorge’s injuries really slowed him up but I remember him holding off Michael Morgan for a try at Gosford and showed really good speed. He used to make a lot of line breaks from the backfield in the early years and he was pretty quick; not lightening, but his power got him going quickly.

I’m actually a bit underwhelmed by Tui’s speed. He’s not slow but he’s no speedster. Oliver Gildart absolutely smoked him at Brookie earlier in the year.

Last edited:
Mmm not at the same age though. Jorge’s injuries really slowed him up but I remember him holding off Michael Morgan for a try at Gosford and showed really good speed. He used to make a lot of line breaks from the backfield in the early years and he was pretty quick; not lightening, but his power got him going quickly.

I’m actually a bit underwhelmed by Tui’s speed. He’s not slow but he’s no speedster. Oliver Gildart absolutely smoked him at Brookie earlier in the year.
Yep saw that live. Couldn’t believe how he left Tui for dead.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2