trial vs Chooks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
F629C10A-5325-46F2-8B00-F754167FCA56.jpeg
Surely the Man/Woman of the match goes to that commentator. 15 pages of comments and 10 of them about him/her .
Found the commentator. Maybe next time can get some help if the budget allows. Need to add an expert 14 yr to give Gus like comments (absolute rubbish) on the game.

Great to get the win no doubt. Although, I think the game and individual performances of players needs to be kept in context. We essentially played Norths Round 1 ISP team bar Crichton. We fielded about 5-6 players that will line up for us in round 1. If our players couldn't shine against this opposition then perhaps Blacktown Ron Massey would be more appropriate for them.

Angus Crichton scored his first try in Roosters colours and captained the side all in a night’s work at Central Coast Stadium but it wasn’t enough to stop a second-string Manly side winning 38-20.

The seven-tries-to-four victory had NRL implications for the Sea Eagles only in the first half when coach Des Hasler put both five-eighths Trent Hodkinson and Kane Elgey in the halves.

One of them will partner Daly Cherry-Evans in the round one date with Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval on March 16. But just who that will be remains a mystery.

Elgey at halfback set up second-rower Jack Gosiewski with a kick in behind the defence and had some slick passes in attack. Hodkinson’s positional kicking was spot on and he landed three from three conversions.

ikuvalum-try-celeb-190302pb-2765.jpg

Matt Ikuvalu scores for the Roosters. ©Paul Barkley/NRL Photos
That could present another headache for Hasler as to who he uses as first-choice goalkicker.

But with no Cherry-Evans on the field tonight it is hard to fathom Hasler’s future plans.

Stand-in fullback Brendan Elliot capably filled the No.1 spot so it looks like he will take over Tom Trbojevic’s job as he nurses his left hamstring. But apart from those small cameos, the rest of the playing squad was mainly Intrust Super Premiership players.

Lebanese international Abbas Miski scored a double for the Sea Eagles on the left wing, and could have had a hat-trick if not for an obstruction ruling.

For the Roosters, winger Matt Ikuvalu, who played three NRL games in 2018, scored a brace but that won’t be enough to displace Daniel Tupou or Brett Morris from their positions.

custk-190302pb-3424.jpg

Cade Cust crosses for Manly. ©Paul Barkley/NRL Photos
Manly and the Roosters meet in round two of the 2019 Telstra Premiership but the sides then will bear little resemblance to the two teams that did battle in Gosford.

Most of Manly’s NRL regulars were on hand, but they were all seated in the Sea Eagles players’ box on the western side of the ground.

At least they were safe there. The Sea Eagles lost three players in their first trial a week ago against the Sharks – Trbojevic and props Taniela Paseka and Kelepi Tanginoa (knees) – so Hasler wasn’t taking any chances of further damage.

Still Trbojevic was up and around at halftime throwing passes down on the sideline with Dylan Walker.

Manly struck first through back-rower Corey Waddell in the 10th minute and finished the opening 40 with an 18-10 lead after three converted tries.

Crichton’s four-pointer came five minutes after the break and came off a wonderful short pass from Lachlan Lam to send the former Rabbitoh on an angled 25-metre run untouched.

Both clubs have had their NRL-strength hit-outs earlier. Manly fielded a probable round one side in the first half against the Sharks a week ago, as did the Roosters in their 20-8 win over Wigan in the World Club Challenge.

In a true reflection of the priority to rest his stars, Roosters coach Trent Robinson played none of his grand final 17 in Gosford.

Related /

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

But it was $20 to get in tonight. To watch a reserve grade side play, a side with 6 first graders.

Hey. I came up to watch it with my dad who lives here. And had a good time.

But this isn’t what we normally do. If this is what we do for trials In the future. Please do like last week. A gold coin donation.

Angus Crichton scored his first try in Roosters colours and captained the side all in a night’s work at Central Coast Stadium but it wasn’t enough to stop a second-string Manly side winning 38-20.

The seven-tries-to-four victory had NRL implications for the Sea Eagles only in the first half when coach Des Hasler put both five-eighths Trent Hodkinson and Kane Elgey in the halves.

One of them will partner Daly Cherry-Evans in the round one date with Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval on March 16. But just who that will be remains a mystery.

Elgey at halfback set up second-rower Jack Gosiewski with a kick in behind the defence and had some slick passes in attack. Hodkinson’s positional kicking was spot on and he landed three from three conversions.

ikuvalum-try-celeb-190302pb-2765.jpg

Matt Ikuvalu scores for the Roosters. ©Paul Barkley/NRL Photos
That could present another headache for Hasler as to who he uses as first-choice goalkicker.

But with no Cherry-Evans on the field tonight it is hard to fathom Hasler’s future plans.

Stand-in fullback Brendan Elliot capably filled the No.1 spot so it looks like he will take over Tom Trbojevic’s job as he nurses his left hamstring. But apart from those small cameos, the rest of the playing squad was mainly Intrust Super Premiership players.

Lebanese international Abbas Miski scored a double for the Sea Eagles on the left wing, and could have had a hat-trick if not for an obstruction ruling.

For the Roosters, winger Matt Ikuvalu, who played three NRL games in 2018, scored a brace but that won’t be enough to displace Daniel Tupou or Brett Morris from their positions.

custk-190302pb-3424.jpg

Cade Cust crosses for Manly. ©Paul Barkley/NRL Photos
Manly and the Roosters meet in round two of the 2019 Telstra Premiership but the sides then will bear little resemblance to the two teams that did battle in Gosford.

Most of Manly’s NRL regulars were on hand, but they were all seated in the Sea Eagles players’ box on the western side of the ground.

At least they were safe there. The Sea Eagles lost three players in their first trial a week ago against the Sharks – Trbojevic and props Taniela Paseka and Kelepi Tanginoa (knees) – so Hasler wasn’t taking any chances of further damage.

Still Trbojevic was up and around at halftime throwing passes down on the sideline with Dylan Walker.

Manly struck first through back-rower Corey Waddell in the 10th minute and finished the opening 40 with an 18-10 lead after three converted tries.

Crichton’s four-pointer came five minutes after the break and came off a wonderful short pass from Lachlan Lam to send the former Rabbitoh on an angled 25-metre run untouched.

Both clubs have had their NRL-strength hit-outs earlier. Manly fielded a probable round one side in the first half against the Sharks a week ago, as did the Roosters in their 20-8 win over Wigan in the World Club Challenge.

In a true reflection of the priority to rest his stars, Roosters coach Trent Robinson played none of his grand final 17 in Gosford.

Related /

It was a trial. No value other than to see individual players display their skills. Score is irrelevant. Will be interesting to see what Manly side starts the season

I was genuinely concerned before preseason about suli in the centres and not the wing and after tonight even more so! Dropped atleast 5 balls... head went down and never recovered... not sure he is a centre.. maybe s winger?

\
I was genuinely concerned before preseason about suli in the centres and not the wing and after tonight even more so! Dropped atleast 5 balls... head went down and never recovered... not sure he is a centre.. maybe s winger?
Suli is still only 20 years of age and still developing . One night of dropping balls in a trial game should not faze any one . When he ran the ball he was damaging .
We need players that are capable of damaging the opposition .

Seems this was essentially a nsw cup match. Des holding cards close to his chest. Fainu looked sharp in both trials i say he play off interchange with probably be perrett, goewiski and sipley.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned.

But it was $20 to get in tonight. To watch a reserve grade side play, a side with 6 first graders.

Charging anything like that is a joke for a trial match.
The Panthers - Eels game in Penrith was free, my daughter just got back with her friends. Penrith players that weren't playing were walking around the crowd.

Seems this was essentially a nsw cup match. Des holding cards close to his chest. Fainu looked sharp in both trials i say he play off interchange with probably be perrett, goewiski and sipley.

And beyond the commentator it was actually a pretty entertaining match, with the referees being pretty lazy with the whistle. I actually quite enjoyed the rawness of the footy. Think I will be watching more reserve grade this year

We just googled our commentator from tonight, Ryan. He is 26 years old , has a degree in journalism/ communications with honours and has Aspergers Syndrome. His dream is to be a sports commentator. I say Go Ryan , loved his passion.

Ambassador then for links deodorant

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7