Trial v Roosters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Great team list. Brown to prove himself. Tangles and Penny just reward. Fainu needs to be developed. I almost think Frankinstein is the one who really needs a big game in this trial. May the best man win.

With Kelly and Mathew we wont see any X factor explosive long rage tries
Did you watch the trial last week ? Was Kelly a standout ? Did he make any breaks ? Did he make any big metre runs coming out of his line ? Did he make any big hits ? Some on here think he is going to be the new Matai .
I am only telling it like I saw it and I didn't see any dominant x factor from Kelly last week .
Geez your a whinger, every opportunity you get to say something about Kelly you do, and shove in everyones faces. Its honestly more annoying than listening to everyone rave on about Smith.

I like the look of our side, but I don’t see how anyone can argue that our centres are weak. 100% Kelly and matt Wright are the worst center pairing in the nrl, hope I’m wrong, but Dylan walker is a huge loss.
Agree totally, what about putting thompson in centres til walker back ?

Matt Wright was one of our best and hardest working players last year, he did his job and did it well, he was exceptional and while he lacks pace he makes up for it with hardwork in attack and rock solid defence. And x factor in the centres is great but not essential, we can make up for this in other areas.

Don't panic guys, Croker can be the missing centre after Carney arrives next week and we won't need Matty to be our kicker. A just reward for Crokers offseason and it will do him good to play outside Carney for a while. ;)

Matt Wright was one of our best and hardest working players last year, he did his job and did it well, he was exceptional and while he lacks pace he makes up for it with hardwork in attack and rock solid defence. And x factor in the centres is great but not essential, we can make up for this in other areas.
Manly has won plenty of premierships with some solid as a rock, reliable, no flash in the pan, out side backs. Let the rein of Maroon and White dominance continue in 18.

Geez your a whinger, every opportunity you get to say something about Kelly you do, and shove in everyones faces. Its honestly more annoying than listening to everyone rave on about Smith.
Isn't this a great forum . We all get to express our views and for only $25 a year we can all join the Silvertails tipping comp and assist in keeping this great forum going. How about it Turbo 1 ??? Are you willing to contribute ???

BIG NAMES WIN BIG GAMES ;)

A team is as good as its greatest player, but as weak as its worst. The sum of great players, rarely make a great team.

Kelly, Parker and Matt Wright are as safe as houses. Bad days are rare, and on a good day they will fry much bigger fish.

It is what it is. Walks is out for few. Great teams embrace such a challenge, and conquer it, every single player lifts.

Big Names and No Names. They will all get us the win;-)

A team is as good as its greatest player, but as weak as its worst. The sum of great players, rarely make a great team.

Kelly, Parker and Matt Wright are as safe as houses. Bad days are rare, and on a good day they will fry much bigger fish.

It is what it is. Walks is out for few. Great teams embrace such a challenge, and conquer it, every single player lifts.

Big Names and No Names. They will all get us the win;-)
Thank you for your view as this is what this forum is all about .
At the end of the day we all want our team to win and we all have views on our players . Brown I predicted would eventually not make our 17 once we added quality players and the next one to go will be Kelly . I saw him at Shark park and he lacks size to contest the high ball , power to bend the line running the ball out and explosive speed to be a dominant centre . His one on one defence also remains questionable.

Last edited:
The fact that M Wright was picked shows me we still don't have a goal kicker. We know what Wright can do, I've heard so much about Manlys new "youth" system this offseason and yet Parker isn't picked.
For me AFB provides so much more from the bench then starting but we are in a tough spot with only two recognised starting props in the squad and one of them is injured.
I do love the fact Brown isn't anywhere to be seen so it ain't all bad.
I hope Croker is decent, glad Sipley wasn't picked he didn't look first grade standard in the trial.
Interesting no Perret, I was hoping he would be the player to step up in Lussicks absence, not that I was confident based on his form last year

Isn't this a great forum . We all get to express our views and for only $25 a year we can all join the Silvertails tipping comp and assist in keeping this great forum going. How about it Turbo 1 ??? Are you willing to contribute ???
How about you focus on parading around your hate for Kelly, as it seems that and the spam tipping comb post is all you have to contribute to this forum.

Whilst we are talking about centres( which I don't perceive as our biggest weakness **props**) Ramien looks like he is developing nicnic

After seeing Brodie Croft play for The Storm, and how dominant he was, it actually gave me a lot of confidence in Lachlan Croker, in a way that a young guy CAN come in, and have an impact. Anyway, Barrett always seems to make the right decisions with these things, and we tend to surprise.

Apart from one solitary injury, we are full in the backline, so this is almost as good as we get in that area, so I hope it clicks, and surprises a lot of the doubters.

There was an article a couple of days ago that said .. that after Perrett suffered the heat stroke incident at the beginning of pre-season training, he spent several days in hospital, and onlt resumed training a couple of weeks ago ....

I would suggest that his trial appearances are being managed in relation to his conditioners ........

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8