Trent: I helped build Manly's revival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Barrett blasted after taking credit for Manly's turnaround

The daughter of league Immortal Bob Fulton has savaged Trent Barrett for taking credit for Manly’s revival, declaring “his arrogance and ego nearly tore the place apart.”

The Sea Eagles parted company with Barrett a fortnight ago, finally getting him off the books after more than six months of gardening leave. Barrett hasn’t coached the side since Manly powerbrokers appointed Des Hasler last summer, but he has continued to be paid after giving his notice last June.

The Silvertails narrowly avoided the wooden spoon last season, finishing above only arch-rivals Parramatta in Barrett’s final season at the helm. The team’s fortunes have improved dramatically since Hasler’s return, to the point where bookmakers have installed him as the favourite to take out the Dally M Coach of the Year award.

In an interview with News Corp, Barrett claimed he contributed to the team’s current success, pointing to his recruitment of players including Curtis Sironen, Moses Suli and the development of Tom Trbojevic
“I’d actually like to think I left them well educated,” Barrett said. “A few of the boys I got there like Siro (Sironen) were coming out of reserve grade … I’ve really loved seeing all these guys kick on this year.”

The comments riled Kristie Fulton, a long-time Sea Eagles staffer. She took to Facebook to vent her disgust on Monday night with the following post, which has subsequently been deleted.

4858e257f0f38670685138c4b9c3f27fc8d7514c

“History will not be rewritten, no way,” she wrote. I sit back and watch and read people take credit for many things and it’s hard to digest at times because I know who has been and continues to be instrumental in driving a lot of the change behind the scenes but I won’t accept this at all. Is he kidding? His arrogance and ego nearly tore the place apart.”

And in a veiled swipe that implied Barrett had stopped listening to her father, who was the head of football for much of the former Dragon's time at the club, she added: “The moment he stopped listening to experienced and smarter people than him and surrounded himself with those with no idea was the moment he was destined to fail as a rookie coach.”
It is understood Bob and Scott Fulton, the latter also tasked with recruitment at the club, played a role in signing some of the players Barrett was referring to.

Barrett had already infuriated club hierarchy when he claimed he was under-resourced while on the northern beaches, pointing to the fact he brought in his own backyard furniture for the team’s common room.

The Manly Sea Eagles take on the Newcastle Knights in Round 20 of the NRL.

Hasler, however, has managed to mastermind a turnaround with a similar roster and facilities. Should Hasler’s men beat the Warriors on Friday night and South Sydney lose to Melbourne, they could find themselves in the top four by the end of the round.

Barrett has been linked to a role on the coaching staff at St George Illawarra, the club for which he played the majority of his football.
While coach Paul McGregor is expected to survive a disappointing season - the Dragons are still in contention for the wooden spoon - his assistants, Dean Young and Ben Hornby, may not receive new contracts.

Barrett has spent time with the All Blacks in recent weeks as part of his professional development and is being considered as a potential addition to the brains trust at the Red V.

trent is like that old coles add
Down down prices are down!!!
Everytime he speaks his value decreases as a coach.
Even the comedy channel could not right some of the stuff he has said this week.
Long live Des and see yah later Trent.

It seems that the St George Illawarra cradle of coaches just don't seem able to know what is needed. Brown, McGregor, Barrett all St George Illawarra coaches, and none of them seem to have what it takes to succeed through a season.

None of them played in premiership winning teams even though all 3 were members of the St Merge side that lost in 1999 (Mary was actually the captain, Zoolander the half and Brown had his high heels on at hooker), and Brown did also play for St Merge in 1996 when they lost to a far better team. I wonder who that better team was? @:D

As coaches, none of them have been a success in the NRL, though at least Brown did win the ESL with St Helens in 2014. However in fairness, at the time anyone coaching St Helens or Leeds was bound to have some sort of success in that competition.

From what I have heard, it was actually Buzz who contacted Barrett to do this article. Not surprising really. Manly are playing well, in 5th spot no less. So it comes as no surprise with the Sharks starting to win again and threaten the top 8 to see the barfly contacting Barrett to write a story on how Barrett is responsible for Manly's dramatic change in form in 12 months. The agenda from Rothfield is quite clear.....do anything to try and derail Manly's season. Damn, he must have nightmares whenever 1973 and 1978 are mentioned.

None of them played in premiership winning teams even though all 3 were members of the St Merge side that lost in 1999 (Mary was actually the captain, Zoolander the half and Brown had his high heels on at hooker), and Brown did also play for St Merge in 1996 when they lost to a far better team. I wonder who that better team was? @:D

As coaches, none of them have been a success in the NRL, though at least Brown did win the ESL with St Helens in 2014. However in fairness, at the time anyone coaching St Helens or Leeds was bound to have some sort of success in that competition.

From what I have heard, it was actually Buzz who contacted Barrett to do this article. Not surprising really. Manly are playing well, in 5th spot no less. So it comes as no surprise with the Sharks starting to win again and threaten the top 8 to see the barfly contacting Barrett to write a story on how Barrett is responsible for Manly's dramatic change in form in 12 months. The agenda from Rothfield is quite clear.....do anything to try and derail Manly's season. Damn, he must have nightmares whenever 1973 and 1978 are mentioned.
I think St George were beaten by the storm in ‘96? Smith and slater were on fire that day, their best game since 70s.

And they carried their form into the new millennium.

According to official NRL history.

BINGO !!!

“The moment he stopped listening to experienced and smarter people than him and surrounded himself with those with no idea was the moment he was destined to fail as a rookie coach.”............

I have said it before that as soon as he fell out with the Incomparable Immortal and went solo in his last season as head coach and wanted to do things his way it was evident for all to see that he had our players running around like headless and wingless Sea eagles .

He had full control of his sinking ship in his last year but in true Trent fashion he never took any accountability for his actions and through his arrogance blamed every one and everything including the furniture for his abysmal failure as head coach

And

Last but not least . ...

The incomparable Immortal gave this ungrateful arrogant prick a rare coaching gig and he treated the Incomparable Immortal with disrespect .

If attitude is the path way to success then this arrogant Narcissist will never achieve it

Every picture tells a story .....
Another demoralising loss followed by another depressing press conference in his 2018 solo / so low effort as head coach

keyframedownloadcontroller.png

Last edited:
Why would she? Her father (and family) is often times disrespected on here by the sausage roll eaters. Five premierships for the Eagles, and some people whine about members of his family holding positions within the club.

Any loving father would assist their children .

I do not know any loving father that has not in any circumstance

The Incomparable Immortal also has a human side to him .

index.jpg

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4