Trent: I helped build Manly's revival

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
67545217_904663476534008_2000772096359137280_n.jpg

considering in his early predictions "the only certainy is Manly would finish 11th at best."

Exactly !

That is how much faith Roth had in Trents roster . On one hand Roth writes what a great roster trent had and in the other he wrote this roster off this year .

In fact Trent fcked this roster so much no one had us as contenders this year not even most Manly fans as Trent broke our spirit as well as fcking up our winning culture

That is the catastrophic affect Tent had on our roster .

The funny thing is he is proud at the state he left us after he quit and took his money to sit on his arse .

He has had one year to look for an NRL gig and he has nothing . He is probably proud of that as well .

Last edited:
I think there is some truth that Barrett put together a number of players from other locations who wanted a chance and set up what potentially could have been a top 8 side. Injuries certainly interfered with his efforts to succeed. So I believe credit where credit is due in stocking the side up. His problem was he had no idea how to use the players he secured.

But Barrett's strategies were very basic and easily countered. He was too much the nice guy to the players, and then reacted like the present NRL admin with knee jerk reactions, rather than take a common sense approach to issues within the side. He just didn't seem to know how to use what he had secured and made little effort it seems to develop the players he had.

Barrett wasn't going to succeed this year, though he may have, with less injuries, have got them close to the 8. But tactically, fitness wise, defensive structure wise, and developing the players individually in an effective manner, was seemingly beyond him.

It seems that the St George Illawarra cradle of coaches just don't seem able to know what is needed. Brown, McGregor, Barrett all St George Illawarra coaches, and none of them seem to have what it takes to succeed through a season.

On a positive note, for three years Manly-Warringah had the prettiest first grade coach in 112 seasons of rugby league in Australia.

Well played Penn family. Well played Bob Fulton. Terrific hunch that that bloke had what it takes....not...

The Penns sure know how to treat a coach.

Let’s recap

1. Pissed off des day after we win our last premiership. He leaves and takes the furniture with him.
2. Hire club legend Toovey but sack him when we come 9th and then pay him out a whole year while bringing in blue steel based on hearsay.
3. Get rid of blue steel but pay him gardening leave for half a year to reward him for shaving the wooden spoon.

So that’s 1.5 years of coach pay payed for non coaching.

The only good news is we now hear NOTHING from the Penns. Maybe they’ve learned something after all.

24 hours after reading this and i still find it hysterical. What a plonker.

He is yesterdays news!! All I remember is Trent teaching our halves to kick for touch on the last tackle and our current coach encourages us to score off last plays, I remember under Trents watch that we conceded 25 points a game and now that is 17. I remember having a coach moan about facilities and things he could not control and a coach who now laughs off any adversity. End of the day it didnt work Trent, you held the club to ransom and you are now a lot of water under the bridge.

Rothtool will do anything to discredit our club and he has never quite gotten over the 1978 grand final win where his Guggies were harpooned by one of the best ever Manly sides and the trauma and anxiety have continued as Manly deny them time and time again!!

Smacks of a PR stunt to me...this would be Trent's management pitching around with "first exclusive interview since leaving Manly"...on the basis that they find someone willing to let him talk himself up, and thus remind other clubs that he is available. Dude is out of work - management have got to monetise him somehow, or he's worthless to them - apart from hair product commercials.

On a positive note, for three years Manly-Warringah had the prettiest first grade coach in 112 seasons of rugby league in Australia.

Well played Penn family. Well played Bob Fulton. Terrific hunch that that bloke had what it takes....not...

Lets put things in perspective here feathered friend

The Incomparable Immortal Bob Fulton has never failed ..... Others have failed him !!!

news_20170308.jpg

Hasler had taken his teams to 12-straight finals appearances with his “us-against-them” philosophy.

His ability to unite a playing group and get the best from his players is famed and although he couldn’t win a premiership with the Bulldogs, Manly will have high hopes of returning to their glory days.
Hasler is notorious for doing things exactly his own way, and it would be counterintuitive to have any remnants of Barrett’s reign working with the playing group.
they will all need to buy into Hasler’s coaching philosophies and having their former coach around will not help.
This is only part of a article I read
I don’t hate the guy,I wish him all the best ,but Des is our coach and if his record is anything to go by I got no doubts he will be wanting to make up for that loss against the Rabbitohs grand final in 2014 ...which incidentally Walker was a part of that winning side

This thread title is ****ing hilarious.

I haven’t commented on it as I just couldn’t stop laughing every time I read it.

Like another poster suggested, ROFLMAO

24 hours after reading this and i still find it hysterical. What a plonker.

I'm the same, I don't know who is the biggest goose here ..... Buzz or Trent.
Does he really believe the success is because of what he created or was Buzz that drunk yesterday when he wrote the article?

I'm the same, I don't know who is the biggest goose here ..... Buzz or Trent.
Does he really believe the success is because of what he created or was Buzz that drunk yesterday when he wrote the article?
Buzz on NRL360 got the call from Baz :nerd:

Buzz sounded as bemused as the rest of the lucid population.:p

He pointed out that Scott Fulton was the talent scout along with others at Manly.

Until Twent turns up on “I’m a Celebrity, Get Me out Of Here”, he can still clutch desperately at the past few shreds of relevance that he thinks he might possibly have...

It’ll be that, or perhaps St Merge will completely change their policy on Head Coach’s Hairstyle @:D

Until Twent turns up on “I’m a Celebrity, Get Me out Of Here”, he can still clutch desperately at the past few shreds of relevance that he thinks he might possibly have...

It’ll be that, or perhaps St Merge will completely change their policy on Head Coach’s Hairstyle @:D
What about Survivor? ET got kicked out on the weekend

Team P W L PD Pts
9 8 1 116 18
9 7 2 72 16
9 7 2 49 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 115 12
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 4 5 19 10
10 5 5 -13 10