Trent Barrett's dilemma?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I think Barrett naively (but understandably , given their prior relationship at Penrith) trusted Gould but unfortunately Gould has taken advantage of that trust & used Barrett to undermine Griffin & also our club at the same time.

I wonder if perhaps Barrett has realised this in recent weeks, hence his emotional display in front of the team a few weeks ago?

Anyway, I don't believe there is any malice in Barrett, I think he's tried his best in the time he's been here but circumstances (inner turmoil, injuries, salary cap penalty) & being misguided by a person he seemed to view as a mentor (Gould) has seen things go awry.

I feel for him but I do think he's too close to the players & perhaps this experience will harden him up as a coach & also teach him to be careful with who he trusts & confides in.

Barrett new what he was doing. Whether our club is a farce or not, is not relative, as he accepted a contract extention, and then negotiated a deal with another club through his manager. This is beyond reproach, and void of sympathy. Barrett has been underhanded, and now wants to get paid out for work he hasn't done? I'm sorry, but this is not ethical. Give him nothing, or make him run the water for his buddies to earn his coin. He has stepped over the line, disrespected our great club, and should just walk away, empty handed if he has any honour left in his intentions, and future.

The reality is this.

When Barrett took over, we were ranked 9th having finished there in 2015.

With one round to go in his 3rd year at the club, we are sitting 15th with at best a move to 12th next week provided the planets align and everything goes our way.

We have gone backwards under Barrett. I don't care about club football managers or whatnot, the coach still has a job to do and that is to get their team winning. Barrett has failed to do that.

I would think a coach putting his career on the line by demanding that the club employ a recruitment manager and a salary cap manager ... 2 positions critical given we need to replace a fair few players (now) and our current salary cap mess ..... would be a coach that did care about the club, the players and his ability to delivery success ...

My experience is that someone who didn't care would simply take the cash and not make waves ....

Funny how people can see such different things ..... but I would suggest that if we had been winning games everybody would be screaming give Barrett what he wants ...
You make some good points. I do feel for Baz in some respects. Reading the part where he and his family came in and cleaned the gym and he used his own backyard furniture, it reminds us that he is human and would have been really excited about this opportunity at Manly and poured his heart and soul into the job, only for it to end in a very messy way. I'm pretty sad about all this to be honest.

However, he said he would resign regardless of where we sat on the table. I find that part very hard to believe.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8