Trent Barrett's dilemma?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Do you think he may have renewed on a promise of more help?

I already feel sorry for our next coach if they ask for help... @:(
The contract obviously had deliverables, but if it didn't also stipulate an end date for them, then Baz needs to change Agents :nerd:

The whole season is a mess @:(

Best part of it all is putting a big red line through Beavis. If that story is true that Cartwright would only be resigned if he ditched Beavis then that is great for all of league. Get some power back from the grub managers.

Barrett has another job lined up and it was never Penrith.

He hasn't shot himself in the foot at all, as much as we would like to believe it.

He knows that Manly is in dire straits. He wants out to be an assistant to a coach who will retire eventually with the promise of a FG gig in the not too distant future. He saves his reputation and in the process, gets to leave the poorly staffed and unprofessional club behind.

He is winning this battle, make no mistake. Even if he doesn't get his payout, he won't care because the future looks brighter for him. Chances are, the Penn's will probably have to come to some sort of settlement with him.
He saves his reputation ?
What reputation ?
Gould's reputation of endorsing a good coach ? Yeh right !
Trent came to us as a rookie and he is leaving us as a rookie
Barrett has shown no progress as a coach in the 3 years with our club .
Barret has had no positive affect on our promising roster . In fact he has grossly under achieved .
I cant see him winning the Battle here and every time he fronts the camera his expressions show that .
Barret's future of any payout and any head coaching gig is far from bright as it is very clouded
The best Barrett can do is to land himself an assistant coaching job because that is all he has proven to be capable of .
Just look how far down the ladder we are and hopefully we can avoid the spoon and we can thank Parra for that and not Trent
Trents excuses for underperforming make me sick . I have never been more appalled from a coach as a proud Manly supporter
I haven't seen a more uninspiring coach in the time I have been following our great club.

A picture of Inspiration and resilience and he saves what he does best in front for all to see live on tv at the presser after every game .
5e4f082e3fcb82605f0a69a9796bfbd7.jpg

Last edited:
I think Barrett naively (but understandably , given their prior relationship at Penrith) trusted Gould but unfortunately Gould has taken advantage of that trust & used Barrett to undermine Griffin & also our club at the same time.

I wonder if perhaps Barrett has realised this in recent weeks, hence his emotional display in front of the team a few weeks ago?

Anyway, I don't believe there is any malice in Barrett, I think he's tried his best in the time he's been here but circumstances (inner turmoil, injuries, salary cap penalty) & being misguided by a person he seemed to view as a mentor (Gould) has seen things go awry.

I feel for him but I do think he's too close to the players & perhaps this experience will harden him up as a coach & also teach him to be careful with who he trusts & confides in.

Real whisky doesn't have an "e" in it, comes from Speyside, is aged in Oloroso sherry seasoned oak casks and is preferably of voting age, feel free to send me a bottle or two. :party::party:

https://www.masterofmalt.com/whiski...n-18-year-old-sherry-oak-2018-edition-whisky/
Tullamore Dew has a unique taste though, especially the old stuff. It's all down to the water. Tullamore is smack bang in the middle of the Bog of Allen, the biggest peat bog in Ireland. Turn on your kitchen tap in that area and the water comes out a deep brown, all the streams and lakes are the same. I like the taste but then again I grew up drinking the water.

How can a contract be so one-sided?
The coach wants to break the contract and still expects to be paid out. What about the other side in the contract, the club? Don't they deserve compensation from the coach for breaking the contract?
Yep no way should Trent get a payout. This is possibly driven by his manager who really should be penalised for screwing up his clients career.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
7 4 3 49 10
9 5 4 42 10
9 5 4 -14 10
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8