Trent Barrett Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you believe that Trent Barrett is capable of taking Manly to a premiership win

• Yes

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 61 44.5%
  • Not sure, But I reckon he might.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Not sure, But I doubt he will.

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
As far as I know Barrett makes all the decisions and he even said that in an interview at the beginning of the season .
I don't wish any one involved with our great club to fail and I desperately hope that Barrett can prove me wrong but Barrett's team selections and the way he has our team playing I have no faith in Barrett taking us to another premiership .
A lot of us said the exact same thing about Toovey when he would insist with Hasson and co. People said the same about Des persisting with T-Rex.

Judgement should be reserved until he has all the tools at his disposal player-wise. If he makes poor decisions at that point, sure, lay the boot in. After all, we are all premiership winning coaches so we can speak from experience ;) But seriously, if that is the case then I'll be as pissed off as the next guy.

To me though he's pushed to give the younger guys more responsibility and they've kicked on a notch. He's seen something in some former plonkers and give them an extended leash and they've responded. Not saying they're world beaters but they are giving it their all. Structure wise our game breaks down because of the lack of a 6. Walker is not the answer and Barrett has moved away from playing him there if he can. To me the fact we almost win with Walker at 6 shows that they've come a ways (because he is terrible at 5/8 *insert a crab or black hole emoji*).

Should have had another option with the poll. At this stage I'm not sure either way. I would like to see him after 2 years coaching, then I could say if he has the goods. At this stage there are a lot of maybe and maybe nots. I want to see him beyond the first hurdle...where's that bookie?

And yet, you are still unable to figure out how that may have affected the teams result?
I understand how injuries affect a teams results. Look at what the record injuries did to Penrith in 2014........oh wait.

WOW, you are correct. Injuries don't make any difference at all.
Rubbish, of course they do. I thought you were smarter than that Woodsie. What Penrith 2014 showed is that a good coach (Ivan Cleary) can inspire his young team to win despite setbacks, remember how we did that circa 2008.

Rubbish, of course they do. I thought you were smarter than that Woodsie. What Penrith 2014 showed is that a good coach (Ivan Cleary) can inspire his young team to win despite setbacks, remember how we did that circa 2008.
What setbacks did we have in 2008? In 2009 we had "setbacks" if you want to call the events of the season launch setbacks and that ****ed our whole year.

Who would have thought the team with one of the biggest talent pools in their juniors would have decent depth?

Drawing unrelated parallels via the use of the long bow seem to be the norm in BazBashin, so I'll reply in kind.

Ivan Cleary has been sacked from his two last clubs for incompetence, we have a coach who has never been sacked.

I voted no because from here I just can't see it. But who knows what future changes could bring success about.
I'll be happy to be proved wrong !!
Currently though, our defence has improved of late and we played with some aggression last start.
But in attack, when under pressure, the left hand don't seem to know what the right hands doing !!

Drawing unrelated parallels via the use of the long bow seem to be the norm in BazBashin, so I'll reply in kind.

Ivan Cleary has been sacked from his two last clubs for incompetence, we have a coach who has never been sacked.

I think you have coined the phrase "BazBashin". Now I will use it in a sentence.

"BazBashin is not just a middle eastern surname, it is a pastime"

Due to popular demand I have added the buttons for the swinging voters. Obviously each one is tailored around a yes or a no to help decide which side of the BazBashin fence you sit on.

Due to popular demand I have added the buttons for the swinging voters. Obviously each one is tailored around a yes or a no to help decide which side of the BazBashin fence you sit on.
Just curious. You seem a man on a mission. Have you always been anti-Baz since and before he arrived at Manly? Did you want him sacked during the recent string of wins? Did the loss to parra tip you over the edge and now you want his head on a platter?
Or did you always want his perfectly designed head on a platter?
Questions from a Barrett neutral, loyal Manly supporter.

I understand how injuries affect a teams results. Look at what the record injuries did to Penrith in 2014........oh wait.
As the spiritual leader of the boot-out-Baz brigade, can you answer this: with which coach could Manly have won the comp this year?
How about next year?

I just don't see improvement in the areas which can easily be improved. We are still a really dumb football team. I doubt Trent has had an easy job first up. In all honesty I think our bigger issues lay in our management and hanger on of our ownership, and I feel sorry for Trent. But in calling it how I see it. I think we need more of a disciplinarian, we are no better off for the change of coach. I can't see Trent taking us to a premiership. Tactically he is on the right track but miles away from being able to get the group to execute in the manner or way he wants. After so many weeks of him saying we have to improve in this area or we need to improve in that area during a post match interview. Let's face it Trent. If we haven't improved by now this group isn't going too. Well the group is still very good list. So really this group just isn't going to improve under you. This squad should have made finals. No if buts or may be.

Last edited:
A lot of us said the exact same thing about Toovey when he would insist with Hasson and co. People said the same about Des persisting with T-Rex.

Judgement should be reserved until he has all the tools at his disposal player-wise. If he makes poor decisions at that point, sure, lay the boot in. After all, we are all premiership winning coaches so we can speak from experience ;) But seriously, if that is the case then I'll be as pissed off as the next guy.

To me though he's pushed to give the younger guys more responsibility and they've kicked on a notch. He's seen something in some former plonkers and give them an extended leash and they've responded. Not saying they're world beaters but they are giving it their all. Structure wise our game breaks down because of the lack of a 6. Walker is not the answer and Barrett has moved away from playing him there if he can. To me the fact we almost win with Walker at 6 shows that they've come a ways (because he is terrible at 5/8 *insert a crab or black hole emoji*).
Is a plonker any better than a plodder? Has any one emerged from the Plodder label to become a legend?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7