Trent Barrett Poll

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Do you believe that Trent Barrett is capable of taking Manly to a premiership win

• Yes

Votes: 67 48.9%
  • No

Votes: 61 44.5%
  • Not sure, But I reckon he might.

Votes: 4 2.9%
  • Not sure, But I doubt he will.

Votes: 5 3.6%

• Total voters
The Panthers under 20's for the last four seasons are a grand final appearance, missing the finals, winning the grand final and this season they're currently sitting on top of the ladder.
Does it mean much that yeah-nah failed so badly in the under 20's level with what was clearly a dominant side? I don't know if he had injuries or suspensions that season, but I now find it kind of troubling. I'm really wondering what he's done that made our club officials think he'd make a great first grade coach.

Your probably spot on, they have. But they also assembled an illegal team and benefited from the pros that go along with that - like a winning culture. They won the 9's S well. They've got a point to prove. Their running on adrenaline filled aggression about proving everyone wrong. That's alot of motivation right there.

And how Parra handle adversity doesn't mean Barretts had it easy. My point was that Barrett can't be expected to work miracles when he hasn't had a first grade team. People are quick to attack the bloke but cmon - give him a chance. Let him and bozo assemble the team their building - let them get some consistency on the field and then attack the bloke if it doesn't work.

Anyway. Just my opinion. I think Baz cops a lot and if we had our full strength team (with Lyon at 5/8) on the park consistently this year - I bet we'd of been in the 8. Probably pushing for top 4.
I find it hard to apply logic to Parra , the Titans, The Easter Bunnies, Donald Trump because you just end up going around in circles. Sometimes the lack of expectations frees a team up and they charge like speeding Bullocks but the following year can be a lot harder

It's not the whinging about Barrett that gets up people's noses (that is understandable) it's the fact that it's done over and over and over and over ad nauseum. We got it after the first 8 times.
Absolutely right, I got the whole injuries and scheduling excuses the first 15 times.

I've said no because I'm unsure. He has shown glimpses of great coaching but when start a good roll injuries strike. He deserves 2017 to prove himself with a more balanced team with Blake Green at 6 and Tom Turbo fulltime 1.

I've said no because I'm unsure. He has shown glimpses of great coaching but when start a good roll injuries strike. He deserves 2017 to prove himself with a more balanced team with Blake Green at 6 and Tom Turbo fulltime 1.

That's why I would have liked a " maybe" option.

By the way this poll won't stop the knocking of Twenty, it's set to continue unabated.

Please Turbo, can you share with me one of those glimpses of great coaching because I have missed a few of the games and I must have missed it.

I voted yes because I want to see an end to the numerous "sack" Trent threads.

The vote should be do we need a sack Trent super thread for all the posts...

Cursory glance at the thread topics and I misread this as Trent Barrett doll. Which could be a marketing winner for the club, actually.
It would sell better than that doctor doll, the one that you wind up and it operates on batteries.

Or the ref doll*, you wind it up and it waves its arms around yelling at you by your first name.

*comes with optional accessory "The General's Bunker" (Patten pending).

Last edited:
To the Trent Barrett fan club ......
After he starts winning over and over again instead of losing over and over again passionate Manly supporters will stop winging

Bozo, you do comprehend that there are some different levels between being a member of the TB fan club and wanting him torched, shot and driven out of town in the boot of a car?

....and touche Ralphie.

[/QUOTE]
I like to keep it a simple yes or no, seems a few are undecided and that is ok too. I think winning premierships is relevant so that is why I asked. Otherwise what is the clubs pinnacle goal?

Of course it is. But our disagreement had nothing to do with that.

The issue remains is the constant Baz bashing justified?

So with some of us so called whingers being called out for complaining about Barrett. I thought I would offer up a simple poll to see what Silvertails posters actually think.

If the poll shows that more than 50% of you believe he is the right man for the job, then I will ease off on the rage. Deal?
You're entitled to your opinion, whatever that is. And we can disagree and hash it out and come to no conclusion - that's the point of the forums. If everyone agrees on everything it would be pretty boring.

What about Jason Taylor and the tigers ? No Luke Brooks and you could hardly tell he was missing ??? Manage to beat Cowboys, Dene Halatau at hooker , Elijah Taylor arrived late

That's because Green is a **** coach ... no excuses, it's always the coaches fault. Fu....g Green. Sack him!!!!

Not being smart, but how do you account for Parra then. Surely they have had a lot worse problems than we have.

Well since they have become cap compliant their record is pretty poor (less than 50% win ratio) and that is with essentially having replaced a season ending injury - imagine if we could have Snake 600K on the field instead of the sideline.

So in summary less changes than us but not doing any better

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6