Trbojevic Contract Discussions Off To A Shaky Start

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't see them going anywhere but manly, if they ever did leave then we will riot I bloody swear

When it comes to Manly, the NRL are winning.
You watch, if we lost these two, the day after the NRL will announce major cap relief for all clubs.
Think that scum aren't watching?
NYEagle

No issue with some negotiation and pushing each other, I just hope we don't take a hard ball line which alienates our 2 brightest young stars before the negotiations have even really begun.
Come on Killer03, when has our club ever played hardball with its young stars??? It's not like they would accept an offer and then we stuff around so much that we end up pulling the offer off the table and they sign with someone else only to have us weigh in at the 11th hour an offer worth several million more than we could of got them for in the first place.

You'd have to be real ****ing dumb to play games with these two. They love the club, want to stay and will be getting monumental offers from other teams. Give them both a good contract and focus on solving the plethora of other problems our club has.

Here we go again! managers taking the piss out of idiots like Penn and Kelly. They will do the same as the DCE blueprint, create havoc in the media then annoy the **** out of the player concerned turn the fan base against them and finally force the club into paying overs to keep them. The Turbo's are good honest kids if they leave it is because our club are idiots, not because they are greedy.

Neither player has played rep football yet,so the club should be paying them accordingly.If they pay overs now,then by the time their next contracts are ready for negotiations,they'll have the club over a barrel and all Manly fans will see are Jake,Tom and DCE playing with the 2 Wrights Ayshford,De Gois and Mitch Rein.

Neither player has played rep football yet,so the club should be paying them accordingly.If they pay overs now,then by the time their next contracts are ready for negotiations,they'll have the club over a barrel and all Manly fans will see are Jake,Tom and DCE playing with the 2 Wrights Ayshford,De Gois and Mitch Rein.

Problem with that rationale is that other clubs will offer overs to get them whether they've played Origin or not. Think Canterbury and Thurston. What you're paying for is potential and ensuring you can out-compete the other guy trying to buy them. They'll take less to stay at Manly...but not a great deal less.

Problem with that rationale is that other clubs will offer overs to get them whether they've played Origin or not. Think Canterbury and Thurston. What you're paying for is potential and ensuring you can out-compete the other guy trying to buy them. They'll take less to stay at Manly...but not a great deal less.
Yeah that's fair enough,but some clubs will offer plenty just to drive up the price Manly have to pay knowing that they are not likely to go there

I wonder if they'll ask for a get out clause if Barrett leaves?
I think that only activates if Table for Cartwright leaves.

Alternately, my understanding is that they will sign lifetime contracts if ZtH leaves, notwithstanding the man's outstanding strategic vision (cough)...

Oh sh*t here we go again. Let's see THIS time if the Penns are competent enough to prove that they have not only learnt their lesson but can actually renegotiate a successful contract. They must wrap this up in the off season otherwise we are in for another media circus next year...

They should run. I say that with the best interests of two young and incredibly promising football players at heart.

Our club is a mess.

Never thought I would see the day but I really hope they go to a strong and stable club with a great coach.

Never thought I would see the day but I really hope they go to a strong and stable club with a great coach.
Quick question for both Frank and yourself - would you still support Manly if the Penns stuffed this up? If the boys left there would be a huge uproar, Manly most likely will take years to recover and fans will walk, will you be one of them? (this is an innocent question not a sarcastic one).

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6