Trbojevic Contract Discussions Off To A Shaky Start

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
Girdler makes a great point in the chat with the fact that with no collective bargaining agreement in place past 2017 as yet, negotiations would be a guessing game. You can listen to it here.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/9/manly-sea-eagles-trbojevic-contract-bungle/

It's been a shaky start to contract negotiations between the Trbojevic brothers and Manly, with early discussions leaving a lot to be desired for the big-name players.

According to Triple M and the Australian's Brent Read, Manly appear to have offered a conservative deal, largely to the unsettled salary cap spending amounts for 2018.

Tom Trbojevic and his brother Jake are off-contract at the end of next year.

"Things haven't gone as smoothly as they hoped," Ready said.

"In the initial talks, there's a fair way apart between the parties, what the Trbojevic management expected and what's been offered.

They should run. I say that with the best interests of two young and incredibly promising football players at heart.

Our club is a mess.

Maybe you should run away too by the sounds of it...
The clubs going to offer their minimum amount for the two in the beginning of negotiations. It's not really surprising, you do the same for purchasing anything of huge worth.

The current turmoil with Matai, Foran and the betting scandals is something most player managers wouldn't drop their stars in.

Maybe you should run away too by the sounds of it...
The clubs going to offer their minimum amount for the two in the beginning of negotiations. It's not really surprising, you do the same for purchasing anything of huge worth.

Exactly right. There will be back and forth before they reach a point both parties are happy at.

This club needs a reality check if its playing hard ball with the Trbojevics. There are three players upon which the future foundation of this club exists for the next 5-10 years at this stage. They are DCE, Tom T and Jake T. Without them Manly have no chance of returning to the top and will be a perennial also ran.

The question that has to be asked is what are we in this game for. The answer is to win. We cant do it without champion players. That's what got Manly there in the past decade, specifically Lyon, Brett Stewart, DCE. You pay premium for these guys and you dont stuff around like Manly did with the DCE/Foran issue in 2015.

Big money is being thrown at these kids from other clubs. First rule of building. Make sure you establish your solid foundation and dont play cheep-stake with it. Throw the bank at these two kids. Nothing less than $800,000 per year each. Its a big chunk but these guys are your X Factor and they will be for a decade. You almost stuffed it with DCE and it cost you big time Manly. LEARN THE LESSON.

Personally, I would offer both Jake and Tom what they are asking for (or very bloody close to it) from the start. Lock in their signatures early before other clubs get wind of it and start upping the ante.

Of course, now its out in the media other clubs will know about it.....

Can the management of this club get any dumber? These two are franchise players, local juniors who should remain Sea Eagles for life. If the club stuffs it up and ends up losing them there are going to be a LOT of pissed off fans (to say the least).

Can you please explain this more fully for this old fool....why do you insult them at the beginning of negotiations?
How do you know exactly how much they offered? And how do you know they were insulted. I bet you're a good businessman then. I'm guessing you'd offer someone 1.2m for a house worth 1m by the sounds of it.
Majority of players knock back their first offers because a club has a bracket that they're going to work within. It couldn't be any simpler really to be honest. It's just that it's leaked out to the media that they knocked back their first offer.....

How do you know exactly how much they offered? And how do you know they were insulted. I bet you're a good businessman then. I'm guessing you'd offer someone 1.2m for a house worth 1m by the sounds of it.
Majority of players knock back their first offers because a club has a bracket that they're going to work within. It couldn't be any simpler really to be honest. It's just that it's leaked out to the media that they knocked back their first offer.....
I didn't say I did know how much they were offered, I was querying why you would offer the minimum. They are people not 'things', and they are quality people and quality players. If I have to educate you on why they may feel insulted by a minimum offer we really won't be able to go much further.....thanks anyway.

I didn't say I did know how much they were offered, I was querying why you would offer the minimum. They are people not 'things', and they are quality people and quality players. If I have to educate you on why they may feel insulted by a minimum offer we really won't be able to go much further.....thanks anyway.

You're kidding aren't you surely??
They have a salary cap to work within. It's smart business to get them on as little as they can.
They didn't offer them 50k a season so stop acting like the club treated them like they're worthless to them mr negative.

Folks these are the two players the club won't have problems getting 3rd party deals for. Just like Darren Locker in his prime, it should be $250k contract all the way.

They have a salary cap to work within. It's smart business to get them on as little as they can.
They didn't offer them 50k a season so stop acting like the club treated them like they're worthless to them mr negative.
Our negotiations regarding this topic have ended. You offered my opinion minimum respect and therefore insulted my intelligence. Good luck in your future negotiations.

Girdler makes a great point in the chat with the fact that with no collective bargaining agreement in place past 2017 as yet, negotiations would be a guessing game. You can listen to it here.

http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/sport/nrl/news/2016/9/manly-sea-eagles-trbojevic-contract-bungle/

It's been a shaky start to contract negotiations between the Trbojevic brothers and Manly, with early discussions leaving a lot to be desired for the big-name players.

According to Triple M and the Australian's Brent Read, Manly appear to have offered a conservative deal, largely to the unsettled salary cap spending amounts for 2018.

Tom Trbojevic and his brother Jake are off-contract at the end of next year.

"Things haven't gone as smoothly as they hoped," Ready said.

"In the initial talks, there's a fair way apart between the parties, what the Trbojevic management expected and what's been offered.
So does this Ready get his information from management, club or Tom and Jake ?

You really are missing the people
point.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4