Tough to split four giants in final race

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't care if they take a step forward when getting up to play the ball but:
1) the defenders don't have to keep retreating, ie the 10m is reduced limiting space for the attack.
2) no marker penalties for not square etc.
IMO this will keep the game flowing but not reward the wondering ball players.

Surely the easiest solution is to actually police the walking of the mark. A huge proportion of the play the ball penalties are caused by the tacked player deliberately stepping or crawling forward and getting tangled up with the marker. Of course I have no stats to back that up - it's just the vibe.

If they had to play the ball on the mark there would b less incentive for the marker to interfere.

In the NRL the team carrying the ball could take out a marker with a meat axe and the referee would still blame and penalise the marker's team.

In Gus's review of positions he has Widdup available for the Storm. I thought he's already out for the year? All those 4 teams would be quietly confident of taking out the premiership. The best of each of them is enough to destroy any team slightly off their game and that is where the premiership will be won & lost. Teams who don't bring their A game in the finals will get trounced.

Gus has erred. He probably won't admit it though. Widdup is out for the season, and Finch is replacing him, so the Storm don't lose too much, if anything.
I'd not discount the Dogs. I think there are five genuine premiership threats. It is shaping as an intriguing finals series. All of the teams can string together three wins, which is what you need to do to win the comp.
Melbourne always show their worth when people write them off, as do Manly. I'd be happy for a 2007 and 2008 GF rematch.

It's in Manly and Storms hands. Lose twice and finish 5th or even 6th.

Nothing surer than one of them will lose 1 game as they play each other.

Dogs are bound to lose, we are bound to win. Dogs will lose to both Canberra and Bunnies.

bob dylan said:
Tonight's win will ensure the Dogs finish in the 4.

You obviously didn't even watch the game. The dogs were horrible. Every set a pass went to ground. The dragons had zero defence and only Dugan was doing anything.

Moondog said:
As I've pointed out before in 1978, 1987, 1996, 2008 and 2011 little moondogs have made an appearance. New grand-daughter was born this year.
I suspect the grand final is already a foregone conclusion.

I won't lie, this post of yours Moondog has been in the back of my mind since I read it.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6