Tooves fights to hold Watmough

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
fLIP said:
It's a big issue tho.

Never have i been involved in a topic (rugby league) that brings so much hate if you don't tow the party line.

This site was made to get away from that shiiiit and i think Dan made clear it still is. I couldn't care less if you think manly would be better off supporting a LGBT recruitment policy for players. It's more interesting than 50 threads saying go Watmough you are the best ever!

Opinions away fellas. To much of anything is a good thing.
We'll said, everyone is entitled to an opinion .

Snake said:
All this talk about Sam Burgess; Watmough at his best is a better player than big Sam. Both players make the occasional error, but Watmough is more destructive wedging in behind the play-the-ball with his superior leg speed. If Choc was an articulate and friendly Pommy import, he would have been the toast of the league in 2008 and again in 2011; instead he was punching sponsors and pissing on shop windows. I'll have Watmough over Big Sam every day of the week!
Choc could learn a lot from this bloke , on and off the field.

c eagle said:
Snake said:
All this talk about Sam Burgess; Watmough at his best is a better player than big Sam. Both players make the occasional error, but Watmough is more destructive wedging in behind the play-the-ball with his superior leg speed. If Choc was an articulate and friendly Pommy import, he would have been the toast of the league in 2008 and again in 2011; instead he was punching sponsors and pissing on shop windows. I'll have Watmough over Big Sam every day of the week!
Choc could learn a lot from this bloke , on and off the field.

I hope he doesn't. I like Manly culture, not this Souths "love in" nonsense. Choc is mongrel and I love it!

There's been big talk about a certain other player playing tough this week. Well you can either like Watmough or be disappointed with him, admire his go forward or sometimes despair at the odd pass, but I think you can get an idea of why Manly would want to keep him and other clubs would like to take him, from revisiting an insight given by Kieran Foran in a Dean Ritchie DT article back in June this Year................

KIERAN Foran is a laid-back bloke. He has seen a lot in rugby league, won premierships, captained his country. Not much shocks him.

Foran, though, freely admits to being “mesmerised” by the courage and determination of Manly teammate Anthony Watmough, who is poised to play in Friday night’s blockbuster against Canterbury at Brookvale Oval with a bicep torn off the bone.

Watmough sustained the injury during NSW’s 12-8 Origin I victory.

“I can’t rap the bloke enough. In my eyes he is just so tough,” Foran said. “You might not see it from an outside point of view, but when we saw the sort of pain he walks in with at half-time, or the sort of pain he walks in with at fulltime, and he continues to pick himself up and put in those 80-minute performances week-in, week-out, you are just kind of mesmerised by the guy’s toughness.

“I know I am. I know it inspires me. I know it inspires the young forwards that want to build on the culture that guys like him and Jason King and Brent Kite built.
“When you have a bloke like ‘Choc’, and he will show it again on Friday when he takes the field with a torn bicep, that’s what I mean.

“He is continually setting the standards, saying to blokes, ‘well if I am going to get out here with a torn bicep and put my body on the line, let’s all do it’.

“I think that sums up the sort of leader he is, the sort of clubman he is. I think it speaks volumes.”

Tooves please help!

First of all apologies for starting yet another Thread just really wanted to get this off my chest!
News flash we do have disharmony issues and that stuff within the playing group at least with Choc and Snake is true!

How i know this is simple! Either of them have not discounted it eg. Snake could at least say I am still contracted to the club until the end of 2016 and I will be seeing this through! case closed! At least Foran has been honest and said he has mixed feelings and Matai with his release request. You can respect this!
Until they speak up we are fair game to the media and we will be hearing all sorts of BS in the off season and beyond! You can not blame the hacks for this! We are playing right into their hands! Of course this will have an effect on the playing group! This is simple group dynamics. If we are told otherwise this is BS
Please Tooves fix this! If they want out please let them go and bring in players that want to play for us! As Glenn Stewart said the team is much bigger than any single player.
Thanks

RE: Tooves please help!

Red Pill said:
First of all apologies for starting yet another Thread just really wanted to get this off my chest!
News flash we do have disharmony issues and that stuff within the playing group at least with Choc and Snake is true!

How i know this is simple! Either of them have not discounted it eg. Snake could at least say I am still contracted to the club until the end of 2016 and I will be seeing this through! case closed! At least Foran has been honest and said he has mixed feelings and Matai with his release request. You can respect this!
Until they speak up we are fair game to the media and we will be hearing all sorts of BS in the off season and beyond! You can not blame the hacks for this! We are playing right into their hands! Of course this will have an effect on the playing group! This is simple group dynamics. If we are told otherwise this is BS
Please Tooves fix this! If they want out please let them go and bring in players that want to play for us! As Glenn Stewart said the team is much bigger than any single player.
Thanks

The worst thing about it is that it will stop us from winning any games for the next six months...

Toovey knows what he's doing. He's got some time to work it out but it's a complex puzzle with many pieces.

When management decided not to retain Gift, they were aware the senior player group wouldn't be happy. They couldn't be sure the extent to which it would effect the club but it's safe to say, it's worse than they expected.

Much of the speculation in the media is probably coming from 1 source, P.Peters. The stories are from multiple sources and written in a way that implies knowledge rather that speculation. This is why I tend to believe there is an element if truth to what we're hearing.

So in that case, let's presume Stewart, Foran, Matai & Watmough are looking to leave. What options does Toovey have?

1. Let them go. Focus on the younger players who are the club's future.

2. Try to convince them to stay and hope the off season break provides an opportunity to cool the tensions.

However, I think the writing is on the wall and the club has made their choice. They were probably hoping these senior guys would at least play out their contracts without too much drama. Thus giving the younger group the extra 12 months to develop but that is looking less likely now.

Most clubs try to plan their rosters at least 12 months ahead. If they let 1 go they have to let all of them go. They can't have prepared for that next year so its a case of, can they cover them.

As I said at the beginning, Toovey needs time to work out how the pieces fit together.

I just don't see the logic in letting Choc go AND pickings up the tab. Tooves is an accountant so I'm sure the numbers will matter. Unless Parra do something drastic to clear space in their roster, I can't see him going...

Why dont we offer the whining worms a deal,

Straight swap, we get Hoppa back and they are welcome to Choc. Kills 2 birds with one stone. Solves the cap issues for both clubs.

Why get Hoppaback when forwards are the issue, we already have Taufua, Hiku, Gutherson, Blair and Trjbovic fighting for 2 spots

All Choc needs to do is send a tweet like he did a month ago saying, "I'm not going anywhere. I love Manly and this is where I'll be in 2015."

The silence, however, is deafening.

It seems pretty obvious he wants to leave. All he needs is,

1. Permission and
2. The Squeels to be able to meet his pay demands.

Neither requirement is guaranteed to be met so he may still be in maroon and white next year.

If The Eels can't do the deal for next year, does he consider staying long term? For that to be viable, he'd need to drop the attitude and "bury the hatchet" with a few people.

I can't see it happening but if it did, it may intice Foran to stay but perhaps at the expense of DCE.

lsz said:
So he needs to send a tweet every month?

No Isz he doesn't.

Just saying that if he doesn't want all this speculation, he could nip it in the bud in under 140 characters.

A decision will be made as soon as this weekend on both choc and snake by tooves,when we will know "officially" I'm not sure but I'm sure it will be soon enough with the leaks we have around the joint .

As for matai looks like he is staying !

I know a little more but hey why feed the trolls !!!!

MANLY4LIFE said:
A decision will be made as soon as this weekend on both choc and snake by tooves,when we will know "officially" I'm not sure but I'm sure it will be soon enough with the leaks we have around the joint .

As for matai looks like he is staying !

I know a little more but hey why feed the trolls !!!!
Hi, seems your in the know.... That said is it a real possibility snake will go?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6